Author Topic: Antidepressants & Nolvadex  (Read 2535 times)

warez4gold

• Getbig III
  • Awesome size! Look'n THICK, SOLID, TIGHT!
Antidepressants & Nolvadex
« on: May 25, 2015, 01:27:41 PM »
I came across the following article, which talks about a problematic interaction between certain types of antidepressants and Nolvadex. I wanted to share this with my GetBig brothaz who may be taking a medication that may interact with Nolvadex:

Nolvadex uses an enzyme called "CYP2D6" to convert itself into a more useful form that our bodies can use. Unfortunately, many antidepressants also use this same "CYP2D6" enzyme, which forces two medications to compete for the same pathway.

The problem? Antidepressants have priority on the "CYP2D6" enzyme, which can render Nolvadex ineffective. Serious side effects on cycle or during PCT like "Gyno" can arise.

Source: http://www.tunedsports.com/antidepressant-effects-on-cycles-bodybuilding/

Scroll down to the "Post Cycle Therapy" portion of the article to read more. They also include a list of antidepressants that are strong or moderate in terms of inhibiting Nolvadex from doing its work. Furthermore, they include antidepressants that are NOT inhibitors.

Some more research involving women who take antidepressants and Nolvadex (includes which medications interact with Nolvadex): http://www.breastcancer.org/research-news/20100208

Medications to avoid while taking Nolvadex (Provided by BreastCancer.org): http://www.breastcancer.org/treatment/hormonal/serms/tamoxifen

Antidepressants and Tamoxifen: Harvard Mental Health Letter: http://www.health.harvard.edu/newsletter_article/antidepressants-and-tamoxifen

Thoughts?

spiro

• Getbig IV
Re: SSRI's & Nolvadex
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 01:29:17 PM »
Nolvadex can make you feel awful. I can't use it.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
Re: Antidepressants & Nolvadex
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 02:06:27 PM »
im too lazy to look that up right now but does that apply to all SERMS? raloxifene?

i dont take any anti depressants ever but maybe there are other interactions

warez4gold

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 04:19:48 PM »
im too lazy to look that up right now but does that apply to all SERMS? raloxifene?

i dont take any anti depressants ever but maybe there are other interactions

I haven't done any research with regards to Antidepressants and other SERMS like Raloxifene, sorry.

However, just pulled this interesting information up from Drugs.com interaction page regarding taking Nolvadex and Arimidex together:
=major&types[]=minor&types[]=moderate&types[]=food&professional=1

*Click "Switch to professional interaction data" to read more about the study they reference

"In one clinical trial, coadministration of tamoxifen (20 mg/day) and anastrozole (1 mg/day) in breast cancer patients resulted in decreased anastrozole plasma concentration by 27% compared to administration of anastrozole alone."

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 05:35:47 AM »
There is an interaction between SSRIs and Nolvadex. Supposedly SSRIs makes nolva less effective.
Ive ben on Zoloft for more than a decade and nolva always worked fine for me, always made the gyno symptoms disapear when i took it.

Idk about the Adex/nolva interaction, those studies have been conducted on females, males react differently to AIs..

Anyway nolva is so outdated, when you can have access to newer generation serms and AIs.

warez4gold

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 10:50:34 AM »
There is an interaction between SSRIs and Nolvadex. Supposedly SSRIs makes nolva less effective.
Ive ben on Zoloft for more than a decade and nolva always worked fine for me, always made the gyno symptoms disapear when i took it.

Idk about the Adex/nolva interaction, those studies have been conducted on females, males react differently to AIs..

Anyway nolva is so outdated, when you can have access to newer generation serms and AIs.

I'm not surprised that Nolvadex still worked for you while on Sertraline (Zoloft) as it's a moderate inhibitor of the "CYP2D6" enzyme. I appreciate the input. May I ask how high of a dose of Zoloft and Nolvadex you were running?

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 12:57:09 AM »
50mg of Zoloft ED, nolva i would take 20mg ED among other things for the only time i did PCT
for gyno control i usually take 10mg or 20mg when i feel the need

warez4gold

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 12:39:29 PM »
50mg of Zoloft ED, nolva i would take 20mg ED among other things for the only time i did PCT
for gyno control i usually take 10mg or 20mg when i feel the need

That's a pretty low dose of Zoloft. The range is 50-200mg for most people. Not surprised Nolvadex still worked for you. Glad it went well.

whitewidow

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 08:12:30 AM »
what about benzos? I don;t fuck with anti-depressants I don;t have anything to be depressed about. well not true we all have things we could dwell on but ypou just have to let them go.
I do have real bad anxiety on gear especially when I run high amounts but the xanax just takes all the sides away. I'm not suggesting anybody use xanax as it is super addictive but very helpful and I don;t get any sides from xanax just makes me feel very good and I sleep well on it.

The doctors did put me on prozac and and one benzo(klonopin) like 8 years ago and the prozac was HORRIBLE! I felt awful on it when they did my blood pressure the next month it had sored from 127/85 to 175/117 with a high heart rate like cloe to 100 BPS and they made me do a full blood panel that day and made me drop the prozac since then just benzos only! SSRI's are not helpfull unless you really need them.

gettingbetter

• Getbig III
  • Fuck Yeah!
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 10:27:42 PM »
what about benzos? I don;t fuck with anti-depressants I don;t have anything to be depressed about. well not true we all have things we could dwell on but ypou just have to let them go.
I do have real bad anxiety on gear especially when I run high amounts but the xanax just takes all the sides away. I'm not suggesting anybody use xanax as it is super addictive but very helpful and I don;t get any sides from xanax just makes me feel very good and I sleep well on it.

The doctors did put me on prozac and and one benzo(klonopin) like 8 years ago and the prozac was HORRIBLE! I felt awful on it when they did my blood pressure the next month it had sored from 127/85 to 175/117 with a high heart rate like cloe to 100 BPS and they made me do a full blood panel that day and made me drop the prozac since then just benzos only! SSRI's are not helpfull unless you really need them.

Benzo's withdrawal are a nightmare...

Use Tianpetine instead: side-effect profile is very good, rapid onset, can help with neuroplasticity, and very very low addiction possibility (no withdrawal)...

Totally available online on powdercity, ceretropic.com etc...

whitewidow

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 07:50:49 AM »
Benzo's withdrawal are a nightmare...

Use Tianpetine instead: side-effect profile is very good, rapid onset, can help with neuroplasticity, and very very low addiction possibility (no withdrawal)...

Totally available online on powdercity, ceretropic.com etc...

I agree very awful stuff but prozac and some of those SSRI's are very easy to buy online. Real Benzos not very easy to find.                 !

warez4gold

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2015, 10:22:36 PM »
I've had my experience with Benzos and I will never go back. Lexapro along with Abilify (or Lexapro on it's own) takes care of anxiety.

whitewidow

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2015, 12:16:21 AM »
I've had my experience with Benzos and I will never go back. Lexapro along with Abilify (or Lexapro on it's own) takes care of anxiety.

I'm not going to argue with you obviously some meds work better for some people then others. SSRI's are horrible! Benzos are very good but just too addictive but I do think they handle anxiety better. xanax works better then anything I have taken for anxiety. s far s gains go I think it's best to stay away from both SSRI's and benzos but if I got to pick id go with benzos in very low amounts.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2015, 10:26:38 PM »
Been On PROZAC since August of 2009.