Author Topic: the importance of goal setting, the three times a week 2 month leg experiment!  (Read 13128 times)

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
thats 8 times in a row baby! just finished my leg session and ive decided to do sets of 10 reps every other time and 20 reps every other, best of both worlds baby!
it feels fantastic! (arnold voice)

STUPID pump!!

i just can see how my legs are growing right in front of my very eyes and im only into my 2nd week, its incredible!!!

lets say you train legs once a week which is normal you would get 4 times in june.
me on the other hand will train my legs in june 13 times!!!

in 8 weeks you will get to train 8 times, you better be sure to give your 100 % in those 8 times and make sure you dont skip a date cause you cant afford that...
me on the other hand will hit my legs 24 times... 3 to 1!

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
a

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
just got a deep tan! been very lucky with the weather

ritch

• Getbig V
Your legs have not grown. Just more pumped/fluid retention. And do think of quality over quantity as quantity seems to be the rampant illogical obsession here. Why not train them twice a day then if frequency is so good?
?

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
Increase the amount of weight you can squat or leg press in GOOD FORM for 15 full-range, continuous reps by a tremendous amount, then do breathing reps until you get at least 25, preferably over 30. 

If you move that total from 225 for 30 to 315 for 30, all things being equal, your legs will grow.  Likewise, if you're leg pressing 600 for 30 and move that up to 800 for 30, there's no question you'll have much bigger wheels.

But you won't be able to accomplish that training legs three times a week.  At best, once every five days, or twice a week with one hard session and a much easier one with top warm-up weights for much fewer reps.  If that isn't enough to satisfy your OCD, follow through with just a couple sets of extensions and other jerk-off exercises (if that).  You'd actually be better off doing some pull-throughs and maybe one high-rep set of a knee-friendly hack squat to failure ... assuming such a thing exists, of course :D

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
Your legs have not grown. Just more pumped/fluid retention. And do think of quality over quantity as quantity seems to be the rampant illogical obsession here. Why not train them twice a day then if frequency is so good?

twice a day huh, now you might be onto something... im pretty sure the work wrestlers etc do would qualify as leg training twice a day

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
SUMMARY EVIDENCE FOR HYPERTROPHY (TRAINED)

Volume – A small number of studies suggest increasing volume increases hypertrophy

Muscular failure – A small number of studies suggest training closer to muscular failure may increase hypertrophy

Frequency – A small number of studies suggest a higher volume-matched frequency may increase hypertrophy

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
11 times in a row and ive yet to quit! i did have to take friday and saturday off, but thats the beauty of training 6 days a week, you can miss once or twice and still get enough work in...where as if you for example only train legs once a week and miss that, then youll end up only training legs once per 14 days...

Waller

• Getbig IV
This thread needs pics, or at least accurate tape measurements taken first thing in the mornings or something.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
you forgot no homo

Waller

• Getbig IV

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
THE BEEF warmed up with 5 sets of high rep ( 20 to 30 ) every workout for years. THE BEEF developed huge thighs without the use of drugs because of it.

THE BEEF

ritch

• Getbig V
THE BEEF warmed up with 5 sets of high rep ( 20 to 30 ) every workout for years. THE BEEF developed huge thighs without the use of drugs because of it.

THE BEEF

Always good to know what works for THE BEEF!!!
?

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011

THE BEEF

Pics?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Increase the amount of weight you can squat or leg press in GOOD FORM for 15 full-range, continuous reps by a tremendous amount, then do breathing reps until you get at least 25, preferably over 30. 

If you move that total from 225 for 30 to 315 for 30, all things being equal, your legs will grow.  Likewise, if you're leg pressing 600 for 30 and move that up to 800 for 30, there's no question you'll have much bigger wheels.

But you won't be able to accomplish that training legs three times a week.  At best, once every five days, or twice a week with one hard session and a much easier one with top warm-up weights for much fewer reps.  If that isn't enough to satisfy your OCD, follow through with just a couple sets of extensions and other jerk-off exercises (if that).  You'd actually be better off doing some pull-throughs and maybe one high-rep set of a knee-friendly hack squat to failure ... assuming such a thing exists, of course :D

This is some of the most solid training advice ever offered on getbig. 100% serious.

ritch

• Getbig V
This is some of the most solid training advice ever offered on getbig. 100% serious.

would have me looking like shit so it's very relative...
?

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
back after legs!! 4 sets of 20 reps in the leg press is quite taxing...
i keep doing the glute machine, im up to three sets now. its very hard, not because its heavy but because it puts you in a on your knees position (no homo) something im not used to (however for some getbiggers im sure they would feel right at home)
i feel my butts developed allready during the last couple of weeks  :o

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
my body is screaming for nutrition!! the perfect balance right here, im not on dieting and i dont have to force feed myself!!
today i couldnt keep it off anylonger... i joined the darkside and i bought a tub of CREATINE  :o :o
ill do at least 6 grams per day (tub says 3 grams but im DOUBLING THE DOSAGE) = hardcore

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
many people asked which brand of protein i use so i will here tell you and i will also review them.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
today i had some incredible strengths at the gym, i had to hold back because i didnt want to injure myself... might be the creatine that i started with yesterday? i did some heavy seated rows but i hold back a little because i feel a lot of people slack on that excercise, they dont go all the way to the stomach a sure sign of TOO MUCH WEIGHT!!
and im no different so when i feel i cannot do an exercise 100 percent i LOWER THE WEIGHT!!!

training back 3x a week is gonna bring my back up like never before im certain of this.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
did legs today, working out in shorts!! nothing beats watching the actual muscle working.

this will be it for the week ill be back on monday starting my 4th week of training (that means i will be half way through my 8 week experiment) it's time to put the pedal to the metal!

training schedule for next week: monday back-chest-shoulders-lower back tuesday legs-glutes-calves repeat wed-saturday.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
wheres the pics of your legs?

my legs are sore for most of the week after a hard session, couldnt imagine training them again so soon.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
my toothpick legs are not picture worthy, which is one of the reasons i expect growth because im so far away from my genetic max  :)

i think two things enable me to train legs often - one i dont go anywhere near failure two training them often means theyre not get the chance to get stiff or "cold" as theyre getting used all the time.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
Legs respond to highish reps with moderately heavy weights for some fucked up reason.

Look at spring cyclist and speed skater legs.

Thomas Platz also did the high reps.

ritch

• Getbig V
wheres the pics of your legs?

my legs are sore for most of the week after a hard session, couldnt imagine training them again so soon.

these "I train legs 3-4 times a week guys" will understand the day they put in a real training. After, they will rethink things.
?