Author Topic: Bob Woodward throws cold water on the left's claim that Bush lied about Iraq  (Read 4645 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
O Rly?  We're preparing to send boots on the ground into China?  lol

Yes, it's dishonest of the president to be claiming some kind of victory over not having ground troops in Iraq, knowing full well that we're likely going to have to send them in very soon.  He's probably just trying to run out the clock till the next president takes over his mess.  Very dangerous game. 

Oh I definitely agree he's trying to run out the clock..but what do we have to gain by going to war again there????..why should our boys shed blood for the world again???..nobody else wants to.....even the arabs..and we are 18 trillion in debt...no more blood and treasure, I say

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Oh I definitely agree he's trying to run out the clock..but what do we have to gain by going to war again there????..why should our boys shed blood for the world again???..nobody else wants to.....even the arabs..and we are 18 trillion in debt...no more blood and treasure, I say

In perfect world, my preference is to leave that entire part the world and let them all kill each other. 

Unfortunately, that's not the world we live in.  As we saw from 9/11, some parts of the ME can serve as terrorist training grounds, which directly affect us.  We also have allies in the region that need our help.  The reality is we cannot just leave. 

The issue here, however, is the president not being straight about that entire situation.  We're not going to let ISIS take control of Iraq.  We're not going to stop them by dropping bombs.  It's a mess.   

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Saddam should never have been removed. He was an asshole but ISIS is way worse. But thats history now.

ISIS needs to be destroyed.

Period.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Saddam should never have been removed. He was an asshole but ISIS is way worse. But thats history now.

Period.

Truth. 

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
In perfect world, my preference is to leave that entire part the world and let them all kill each other. 

Unfortunately, that's not the world we live in.  As we saw from 9/11, some parts of the ME can serve as terrorist training grounds, which directly affect us.  We also have allies in the region that need our help.  The reality is we cannot just leave. 

The issue here, however, is the president not being straight about that entire situation.  We're not going to let ISIS take control of Iraq.  We're not going to stop them by dropping bombs.  It's a mess.   

"As we saw from 9/11"

Wow, do you actually believe that The Laws of Physics & Thermodynamics can take a day off ? ( serious question )

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
"As we saw from 9/11"

Wow, do you actually believe that The Laws of Physics & Thermodynamics can take a day off ? ( serious question )

No. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V

agreed..it is a mess....but no one else wants any thing to do with it either......the EU..china..Russia...the moderate gulf states....I think the best thing to do is just keep them perpetually fighting so that they're distracted.....The American people just don't want to fight over there any more.....All polls show that..Obama is just fulfilling the will of the people

andreisdaman

• Getbig V

Period.

Agreed...but who is going to do it?..thats the question

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
agreed..it is a mess....but no one else wants any thing to do with it either......the EU..china..Russia...the moderate gulf states....I think the best thing to do is just keep them perpetually fighting so that they're distracted.....The American people just don't want to fight over there any more.....All polls show that..Obama is just fulfilling the will of the people

Although I question the existence of the polls you mention, defense, national security, military operations, etc. are not determined by polls.  Or at least they shouldn't be.   

We cannot just sit back and do nothing.  If we just cut and run the fight will wind up right on our doorsteps (like it did on 9/11). 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Agreed...but who is going to do it?..thats the question

Yep.

Really the only choice is the US.

Russia and China doesnt give a shit.

Europe won't do shit without the US as always.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Although I question the existence of the polls you mention, defense, national security, military operations, etc. are not determined by polls.  Or at least they shouldn't be.   

We cannot just sit back and do nothing.  If we just cut and run the fight will wind up right on our doorsteps (like it did on 9/11). 
we aren't doing "nothing"...we are bombing the hell out of them....we are training their army and doing logistics..they have to do the fighting

andreisdaman

• Getbig V

Yep.

Really the only choice is the US.

Russia and China doesnt give a shit.

Europe won't do shit without the US as always.

yes..all true....but we cant keep asking our boys (and women) to keep fighting on behalf of the world

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
not dishonest at all..you're supposed to prepare for contingencies.....nothin g wrong with that..you're splitting hairs..we're also preparing for war with China as well..doesn't mean we want to fight with them though

No boys...as in pack your shit....guys at Hood and Riley. We'll see
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
we aren't doing "nothing"...we are bombing the hell out of them....we are training their army and doing logistics..they have to do the fighting

They won';t fight because we're not using enough air. We don't have much if anything flying....no attack helicopters...just carrier shit and stuff from Qatar .
L

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
They won';t fight because we're not using enough air. We don't have much if anything flying....no attack helicopters...just carrier shit and stuff from Qatar .

Us putting boots on the ground has failed.....it failed in Iraq and it is failing in Afghanistan...there are some situations that we just can't do anything about

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Us putting boots on the ground has failed.....it failed in Iraq and it is failing in Afghanistan...there are some situations that we just can't do anything about

No it didn't.  Iraq had a government in place and was stable before Obama "ended the war in Iraq." 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Iraq had a government in place and was stable before Obama "ended the war in Iraq."  

lmao... at what date was Iraq "stable"?  

Cause we can surely post stories of suicide bombings and idiots killing all over the place, which doesn't happen in 'stable' nations.  Its civil war has shrunk, but it still exists.

they're still battling isis and other rebels in their own cities.   "Iraq was stable"?  LMAO... iraq hasn't been stable since the day Shock & awe began.  Maybe it's "less unstable".

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Cause we can surely post stories of suicide bombings and idiots killing all over the place, which doesn't happen in 'stable' nations.  Its civil war has shrunk, but it still exists.

they're still battling isis and other rebels in their own cities.   "Iraq was stable"?  LMAO... iraq hasn't been stable since the day Shock & awe began.  Maybe it's "less unstable".

Do your homework.  Google is your friend.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
yes..all true....but we cant keep asking our boys (and women) to keep fighting on behalf of the world

If ISIS is allowed to spread, you maybe looking at WW3 down the road.

And imagine the shit-storm they can cause through terrorism if these nutjobs control large parts of the middle East.

Taking them out now is the smart thing to do in my opinion.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Yep its fucked up.

But ISIS is pure evil.

Whatever it takes to destroy them. Its like nazi germany. To defeat them took i-dont-know how many lives, but the alternative would be Hitler ruling the world.

I would rather see the entire middle east nuked to oblivion, than see a blood-thirsty radical muslim rule it.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
No it didn't.  Iraq had a government in place and was stable before Obama "ended the war in Iraq." 

uh huh...sure.....and when we left Vietnam they were stable too.,..until two years later when the Vietcong invaded...Iraq...same thing

and since you have all the answers please tell us what exactly we should do ol' wise one

andreisdaman

• Getbig V

YEP

andreisdaman

• Getbig V

If ISIS is allowed to spread, you maybe looking at WW3 down the road.

And imagine the shit-storm they can cause through terrorism if these nutjobs control large parts of the middle East.

Taking them out now is the smart thing to do in my opinion.

agreed....but again...who...is Sweden going to help out?? ;D

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
No. 

Correct, the Laws of Physics/ Thermodynamics can never take a day off.

First: please explain how Building 7 collapsed at freefall speed from scattered office fires in 6 seconds.
( official story )

After that, we'll discuss how 2 commercial jetliners "EVAPORATED", one @ at the Pentagon & one in Shanksville Pa. ( official story)

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
"As we saw from 9/11"

I understand your scepticism... There are tons of things you have read on the net to cause it. I will not go into detail nor will I reply - but I assure you that your information is incorrect. I lost a very good friend at the Pentagon that day and several of my former colleagues that either never left or went back have spoken with me in depth. Things may not be as clear as it would be believed but I KNOW that "we" didnt do this.