Author Topic: The Pec Deck  (Read 8967 times)

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
The Pec Deck
« on: May 28, 2015, 03:41:04 PM »
So that's what this machine is good for?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: The Pec Deck
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 03:43:50 PM »
I always feel this more in my shoulders than I do my chest. SF1900 does not use the pec deck any more.
X

stavios

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 03:46:52 PM »
10000000 times better than dumbell flies

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 03:48:39 PM »
10000000 times better than dumbell flies

Weird, because I feel flies more in my chest than pec deck. Bodybuilding is such a unique, beautiful and individualized sport.
X

Jizmonkey

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 03:53:17 PM »
I always feel this more in my shoulders than I do my chest. SF1900 does not use the pec deck any more.

Keep your shoulders back and keep your arms at the same bend the whole time

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 04:26:24 PM »
So that's what this machine is good for?

it,s for building gladiator pecs when used in conjumction with pec necktar... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
F

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 07:16:12 PM »
total piece of crap. Some like it though. All I ever see are pussy ass twinks using it.
?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 07:36:32 PM »
I'll stick with dumbbell flies, thanks.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 07:39:52 PM »
I done like this exercise.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2015, 07:40:47 PM »
If I trained rear delts, would use the pec deck machine though.
?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2015, 11:14:34 PM »
Not a big fan of it.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2015, 11:50:13 PM »
first thing you do is retract shoulder blades and keep them retracted through the whole set

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2015, 12:50:11 AM »
far better than flyes.

flyes only work your pec for about 1/3 of the motion. once the bell goes past the point level with your shoulders, it is moving more inwards than up. dumb bells only work when they are moving against gravity.

pec dec has force all through the motion cos its attached to a stack that moves up and down. if you arent feeling it, then you arent doing it right.

its the most isolated way of training the pecs, even better than crossovers because they dont have a cable that follows an arc. pec dec is easy on the shoulders also if you dont go too far back, and you can vary the angle by changing the seat height. you can also do partials from top down, or bottom up etc.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2015, 01:38:15 AM »
so you reckon someone who benched for years and have great chest development would really bring their chest up even more by doing pec dec or any fly for that matter  ::)
or could it be it doesnt do jack shit.

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2015, 01:50:47 AM »
I like to do it not using my hands just resting my biceps on the pads and squeezing the chest. The end of the movement is where i find the most contraction. Its more of a feel/pump exercise. For traumatizing and stretching the muscle flies are better.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2015, 02:01:19 AM »
far better than flyes.

flyes only work your pec for about 1/3 of the motion. once the bell goes past the point level with your shoulders, it is moving more inwards than up. dumb bells only work when they are moving against gravity.

pec dec has force all through the motion cos its attached to a stack that moves up and down. if you arent feeling it, then you arent doing it right.

its the most isolated way of training the pecs, even better than crossovers because they dont have a cable that follows an arc. pec dec is easy on the shoulders also if you dont go too far back, and you can vary the angle by changing the seat height. you can also do partials from top down, or bottom up etc.

Agree.
Constant TUT on the targeted muscles over a greater ROM. I also prefer the variety posted above by Funk because of the location of the resistance. Performing the movement unilaterally allows for an an even greater ROM by extending the rep past the midline of the body where it usually stops as the arms meet.

By no means do I consider the pec deck, or any kind of fly movement a replacement for compound chest work, but I believe it certainly has a place in serious chest training as much as leg extensions and hamstring curls do for legs.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2015, 02:05:12 AM »

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2015, 03:08:28 AM »
Works like a charm for me

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2015, 03:52:24 AM »

Agree.
Constant TUT on the targeted muscles over a greater ROM. I also prefer the variety posted above by Funk because of the location of the resistance. Performing the movement unilaterally allows for an an even greater ROM by extending the rep past the midline of the body where it usually stops as the arms meet.

By no means do I consider the pec deck, or any kind of fly movement a replacement for compound chest work, but I believe it certainly has a place in serious chest training as much as leg extensions and hamstring curls do for legs.
I have to agree and disagree.. the machine funky Bro posted i hate. The other version i find better with just a slight bend in my elbows. Has itīs place as you wrote Monty but i like Decline Flys better. Now and again i use the machine but i see some guys able to use a lot of weight on it, try that with a heavy set of Bells. Just my 2 cents Bros...

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2015, 06:29:40 AM »
I like it but prefer cable flies. One of the two functions of the chest is to bring arms across your chest and this exercise accomplishes it.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2015, 06:30:45 AM »
Weird, because I feel flies more in my chest than pec deck. Bodybuilding is such a unique, beautiful and individualized sport.

After 0.005 sec of analysis , I think you should stick with flys when working chest.

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2015, 06:34:52 AM »
Sometimes I'll do pec deck as my last exercise on chest day. I feel like if you keep your hands at around the bottom of your chest or even slightly below it hits the chest more than the shoulders. In general, not a huge fan, but good for a light weight burnout right at the end for a couple sets of 20+ reps.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2015, 06:49:36 AM »
I like it but prefer cable flies. One of the two functions of the chest is to bring arms across your chest and this exercise accomplishes it.
i first saw this in Bill Pearls great book , "keys to the inner Universe" a must read. Let the "Buff Dudes " show it  ;D

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2015, 06:51:11 AM »
I consider that the flye machine.  Pec Dec is the one in the photo of the BBer with his arms bent a 90 degree angles.

I find the flye machine to be a bit better.  The Pec Dec strains my shoulders.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2015, 06:58:13 AM »
I consider that the flye machine.  Pec Dec is the one in the photo of the BBer with his arms bent a 90 degree angles.

I find the flye machine to be a bit better.  The Pec Dec strains my shoulders.
100% correct. the Pec Dec is inferior in my opinion. The Flye machine allows freedom of movement in the elbow which is great if you have a joint problem and can find an angle which suits you. the Angle which hits your chest too...still i like the Bells. Do pullovers Superset with Flyes. then a good combination of free weights and machine.