Author Topic: SF1900  (Read 4982 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
SF1900
« on: May 30, 2015, 07:26:04 PM »
What makes you flock to a board discussing a topic you so vehemently despise?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
Re: SF1900
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 07:45:10 PM »

People who do that are suffering inside. If you truly are an atheist and aren't threatened by faith - you would never bother even talking about it... See - I dont believe in the Loch ness Monster and I would never even consider going to a board that discusses it much less posting angrily about those that believe. 

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 08:12:54 PM »
People who do that are suffering inside. If you truly are an atheist and aren't threatened by faith - you would never bother even talking about it... See - I dont believe in the Loch ness Monster and I would never even consider going to a board that discusses it much less posting angrily about those that believe. 

A couple weeks ago a guy was baptized in my church - 53 years old, been an atheist his entire life, but never had any ill will towards people of faith, in fact he went to a church to find his wife because he thought that people who go to church are good people. but, he "knew" there was no God. then one day, he actually met Jesus, and he could no longer deny God's existence. and he is now a Christian.  :)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 08:24:32 PM »
A couple weeks ago a guy was baptized in my church - 53 years old, been an atheist his entire life, but never had any ill will towards people of faith, in fact he went to a church to find his wife because he thought that people who go to church are good people. but, he "knew" there was no God. then one day, he actually met Jesus, and he could no longer deny God's existence. and he is now a Christian.  :)

I'm not going to touch the "met Jesus" part of your post with a ten foot pole.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 09:39:48 AM »

Nice.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 09:41:04 AM »
A couple weeks ago a guy was baptized in my church - 53 years old, been an atheist his entire life, but never had any ill will towards people of faith, in fact he went to a church to find his wife because he thought that people who go to church are good people. but, he "knew" there was no God. then one day, he actually met Jesus, and he could no longer deny God's existence. and he is now a Christian.  :)

Um....... :-\
X

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 06:19:46 PM »
A month later and they're still having the same discussion without waver on both sides.
Nice 8)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 06:25:17 PM »
A month later and they're still having the same discussion without waver on both sides.
Nice 8)

Passes the time. If you don't like it, you're free to ignore the debates.  :D :D
X

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2015, 01:12:54 PM »

If I had to pause during a sporting event, or a ceremony (high school, military) so you could pay homage to the Loch Ness Monster, or you claimed the Loch Ness Monster said watching HBO was bad and tried to ban me from watching HBO, I would likely comment on the Lochness Monsters as you likely would. Comparing the two shows a complete lack of infringement of rights religion has caused through out history

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2015, 01:39:40 PM »
If I had to pause during a sporting event, or a ceremony (high school, military) so you could pay homage to the Loch Ness Monster, or you claimed the Loch Ness Monster said watching HBO was bad and tried to ban me from watching HBO, I would likely comment on the Lochness Monsters as you likely would. Comparing the two shows a complete lack of infringement of rights religion has caused through out history

Does you skin start to burn and itch and break out in hives when people pray at public events?   Do your hands ache or bleed when you handle US currency? ;D

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2015, 01:45:44 PM »
Does you skin start to burn and itch and break out in hives when people pray at public events?   Do your hands ache or bleed when you handle US currency? ;D

as a matter of fact.. yes.. would that make you change your behavior? Doubt it.. too important to make sure everyone knows you are a Christian...

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2015, 01:50:39 PM »
as a matter of fact.. yes.. would that make you change your behavior? Doubt it.. too important to make sure everyone knows you are a Christian...

Sure, if that was a real situation, but it's not and you're fine so man up and endure the occassional 45 seconds of frustration.

And yes I find it funny.  ;D

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2015, 09:48:29 AM »
Sure, if that was a real situation, but it's not and you're fine so man up and endure the occassional 45 seconds of frustration.

And yes I find it funny.  ;D

Oh I do too. I laugh at Christians who ignore Jesus' teachings about prayer to pound their chest in pride about being Christian, all the while complaining about being persecuted  ;D It's so pitiful it's actually entertaining

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2015, 10:52:11 AM »
Oh I do too. I laugh at Christians who ignore Jesus' teachings about prayer to pound their chest in pride about being Christian, all the while complaining about being persecuted  ;D It's so pitiful it's actually entertaining

Yep, it's modern day Phariseeism.  Loud, public displays that do nothing to honor God and everything to honor the individual.   It's not that you have to lock yourself away and have no public prayer.  What Jesus conveyed was the notion of reverence in prayer that honors God and his example of private prayer accomplishes that.  Although, you can have extremely reverential prayer that is lead by someone in a group setting of fellowship and worship.  Christ taught and prayed publically and in small groups settings all the time.  I agree...don't be a Pharisee!!