Author Topic: Holy shit... hes back!!!  (Read 3043 times)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Holy shit... hes back!!!
« on: June 04, 2015, 10:02:45 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/04/politics/rick-perry-2016-presidential-announcement/

Rick Perry launches comeback White House bid

Washington (CNN)This time, Rick Perry has nowhere to go but up.

Four years after his first presidential campaign was crushed by the weight of his debate gaffe and stump speech mishaps, the governor who spent 14 years presiding over Texas launched his second bid for the Republican nomination on Thursday.

He's ditched the signature cowboy boots and added black-rimmed glasses. He's spent the intervening years recovering from health problems and boning up on policy.

Now, Perry is asking GOP primary voters for a second chance.

He formally launched his campaign for the 2016 Republican nomination at Addison Airport, outside Dallas, in an 11:30 a.m. speech.

But Perry first released a video online early Thursday morning, telling voters "we have the power to make our country new again."

Rick Perry announces 2016 presidential run
Rick Perry announces 2016 presidential run 01:23
PLAY VIDEO
"If we're going to revive this American dream again we need a president who provides leadership that transcends the petty partisanship we've seen in the last few years. Someone that's been tested and a president who tells the American people the truth," Perry says in a stump speech used in the video.

"We need a president who bridges the partisan divide rather than widen -- who brings people together. We must do right and risk the consequences."

At his event Thursday, he is flanked by a list of military veterans, including several Navy SEALs and Taya Kyle, the widow of "American Sniper" Chris Kyle — a group that allows Perry to highlight his five years in the Air Force.

Kyle vouched for Perry in an email to supporters inviting them to the campaign kick-off.

Who is Rick Perry?
Who is Rick Perry? 01:27
PLAY VIDEO
"I got to know Rick and Anita Perry outside of the public eye, where I've had an up-close view of their humility and commitment to doing the right thing for people regardless of who gets the credit," she wrote. "Believe me, they are a breath of fresh air in a political system full of people playing games and twisting the truth."

READ: Rick Perry's wife explains 2012 flameout

Perry struggled badly during his 2012 campaign. He entered the Republican race to great conservative fanfare in August 2011 and unseated Mitt Romney from the party's pole position — but quickly saw that status erode.

There was the "oops" moment in a CNBC debate, when Perry couldn't remember the name of one of the three federal agencies he said he wanted to abolish. There was also a New Hampshire speech where voters wondered aloud afterward whether he'd been drinking.

Perry salutes after announcing on January 19, 2012, that he's suspending his presidential campaign just days before South Carolina's GOP primary.  Perry finished sixth in the New Hampshire primary earlier that month.
Moments from Rick Perry's career 13 photos
Moments from Rick Perry's career – Perry salutes after announcing on January 19, 2012, that he's suspending his presidential campaign just days before South Carolina's GOP primary. Perry finished sixth in the New Hampshire primary earlier that month.
Hide Caption
7 of 13
Perry runs the Veterans Day parade route in Columbia, South Carolina, while local media and his security detail jog along to keep up on November 11, 2011.
Moments from Rick Perry's career – Perry runs the Veterans Day parade route in Columbia, South Carolina, while local media and his security detail jog along to keep up on November 11, 2011.
Hide Caption
8 of 13
At a GOP presidential debate on November 9, 2011, Perry fails to remember the third of three agencies he would cut if elected president. With self-deprecation he uttered "oops," a word that has since made him the butt of jokes, including his own.
Moments from Rick Perry's career – At a GOP presidential debate on November 9, 2011, Perry fails to remember the third of three agencies he would cut if elected president. With self-deprecation he uttered "oops," a word that has since made him the butt of jokes, including his own.
Hide Caption
9 of 13
Perry labels Social Security a "Ponzi scheme" at a GOP primary debate on September 7, 2011, in Simi Valley, California.  "Anybody that's for the status quo with Social Security today is involved with a monstrous lie to our kids, and it's not right," he said.
Moments from Rick Perry's career – Perry labels Social Security a "Ponzi scheme" at a GOP primary debate on September 7, 2011, in Simi Valley, California. "Anybody that's for the status quo with Social Security today is involved with a monstrous lie to our kids, and it's not right," he said.
Hide Caption
10 of 13
In the inaugural stages of his 2012 presidential run, Perry mingles with a breakfast crowd during a campaign stop at Bazen's Family Restaurant in Florence, South Carolina, on August 19, 2011.
Moments from Rick Perry's career – In the inaugural stages of his 2012 presidential run, Perry mingles with a breakfast crowd during a campaign stop at Bazen's Family Restaurant in Florence, South Carolina, on August 19, 2011.
Hide Caption
11 of 13
During a Florida primary debate, Perry defended a Texas program that allows students without legal documentation to take advantage of in-state tuition and argued those who disagree with him are heartless.
Moments from Rick Perry's career – During a Florida primary debate, Perry defended a Texas program that allows students without legal documentation to take advantage of in-state tuition and argued those who disagree with him are heartless.
Hide Caption
12 of 13
Perry, then the lieutenant governor of Texas, hugs George W. Bush before being sworn in as governor on December 21, 2000, in Austin. Bush had been elected president and was resigning as governor.
Moments from Rick Perry's career – Perry, then the lieutenant governor of Texas, hugs George W. Bush before being sworn in as governor on December 21, 2000, in Austin. Bush had been elected president and was resigning as governor.
Hide Caption
13 of 13
Former Texas Governor Rick Perry addresses the 42nd annual Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) February 27, 2015 in National Harbor, Maryland.
Former Texas Governor Rick Perry addresses the 42nd annual Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) February 27, 2015 in National Harbor, Maryland.
Hide Caption
1 of 13
Former Texas Governor Rick Perry speaks to guests at the Iowa Freedom Summit on January 24, 2015 in Des Moines, Iowa. The summit is hosting a group of potential 2016 Republican presidential candidates to discuss core conservative principles ahead of the January 2016 Iowa Caucuses.
Former Texas Governor Rick Perry speaks to guests at the Iowa Freedom Summit on January 24, 2015 in Des Moines, Iowa. The summit is hosting a group of potential 2016 Republican presidential candidates to discuss core conservative principles ahead of the January 2016 Iowa Caucuses.
Hide Caption
2 of 13
Former Texas Governor Rick Perry speaks during the victory party for Texas Attorney General and Republican gubernatorial candidate Greg Abbott after an apparent victory over Democratic Sen. Wendy Davis on November 4, 2014 in Austin, Texas.
Former Texas Governor Rick Perry speaks during the victory party for Texas Attorney General and Republican gubernatorial candidate Greg Abbott after an apparent victory over Democratic Sen. Wendy Davis on November 4, 2014 in Austin, Texas.
Hide Caption
3 of 13
Perry was booked on August 19, 2014 on two felony charges related to his handling of a local political controversy. He vowed to fight the charges.
Moments from Rick Perry's career – Perry was booked on August 19, 2014 on two felony charges related to his handling of a local political controversy. He vowed to fight the charges.
Hide Caption
4 of 13
Perry compares alcoholism to homosexuality at an event in San Francisco on June 11, 2014. "I may have the genetic coding that I'm inclined to be an alcoholic, but I have the desire not to do that - and I look at the homosexual issue the same way," he said.
Moments from Rick Perry's career – Perry compares alcoholism to homosexuality at an event in San Francisco on June 11, 2014. "I may have the genetic coding that I'm inclined to be an alcoholic, but I have the desire not to do that - and I look at the homosexual issue the same way," he said.
Hide Caption
5 of 13
Perry greets President Barack Obama as he arrives in Dallas on July 9, 2014, for a meeting with local elected officials and faith leaders about the humanitarian situation at the Southwest border.
Moments from Rick Perry's career – Perry greets President Barack Obama as he arrives in Dallas on July 9, 2014, for a meeting with local elected officials and faith leaders about the humanitarian situation at the Southwest border.
Hide Caption
6 of 13
Perry salutes after announcing on January 19, 2012, that he's suspending his presidential campaign just days before South Carolina's GOP primary.  Perry finished sixth in the New Hampshire primary earlier that month.
Moments from Rick Perry's career – Perry salutes after announcing on January 19, 2012, that he's suspending his presidential campaign just days before South Carolina's GOP primary. Perry finished sixth in the New Hampshire primary earlier that month.
Hide Caption
7 of 13
Perry runs the Veterans Day parade route in Columbia, South Carolina, while local media and his security detail jog along to keep up on November 11, 2011.
Moments from Rick Perry's career – Perry runs the Veterans Day parade route in Columbia, South Carolina, while local media and his security detail jog along to keep up on November 11, 2011.
Hide Caption
8 of 13
At a GOP presidential debate on November 9, 2011, Perry fails to remember the third of three agencies he would cut if elected president. With self-deprecation he uttered "oops," a word that has since made him the butt of jokes, including his own.
Moments from Rick Perry's career – At a GOP presidential debate on November 9, 2011, Perry fails to remember the third of three agencies he would cut if elected president. With self-deprecation he uttered "oops," a word that has since made him the butt of jokes, including his own.
Hide Caption
9 of 13
Perry labels Social Security a "Ponzi scheme" at a GOP primary debate on September 7, 2011, in Simi Valley, California.  "Anybody that's for the status quo with Social Security today is involved with a monstrous lie to our kids, and it's not right," he said.
Moments from Rick Perry's career – Perry labels Social Security a "Ponzi scheme" at a GOP primary debate on September 7, 2011, in Simi Valley, California. "Anybody that's for the status quo with Social Security today is involved with a monstrous lie to our kids, and it's not right," he said.
Hide Caption
10 of 13
In the inaugural stages of his 2012 presidential run, Perry mingles with a breakfast crowd during a campaign stop at Bazen's Family Restaurant in Florence, South Carolina, on August 19, 2011.
Moments from Rick Perry's career – In the inaugural stages of his 2012 presidential run, Perry mingles with a breakfast crowd during a campaign stop at Bazen's Family Restaurant in Florence, South Carolina, on August 19, 2011.
Hide Caption
11 of 13
During a Florida primary debate, Perry defended a Texas program that allows students without legal documentation to take advantage of in-state tuition and argued those who disagree with him are heartless.
Moments from Rick Perry's career – During a Florida primary debate, Perry defended a Texas program that allows students without legal documentation to take advantage of in-state tuition and argued those who disagree with him are heartless.
Hide Caption
12 of 13
Perry, then the lieutenant governor of Texas, hugs George W. Bush before being sworn in as governor on December 21, 2000, in Austin. Bush had been elected president and was resigning as governor.
Moments from Rick Perry's career – Perry, then the lieutenant governor of Texas, hugs George W. Bush before being sworn in as governor on December 21, 2000, in Austin. Bush had been elected president and was resigning as governor.
Hide Caption
13 of 13
Hide Caption
1 of 13
Hide Caption
2 of 13
Hide Caption
3 of 13
Perry was booked on August 19, 2014 on two felony charges related to his handling of a local political controversy. He vowed to fight the charges.
Moments from Rick Perry's career – Perry was booked on August 19, 2014 on two felony charges related to his handling of a local political controversy. He vowed to fight the charges.
Hide Caption
4 of 13
Perry compares alcoholism to homosexuality at an event in San Francisco on June 11, 2014. "I may have the genetic coding that I'm inclined to be an alcoholic, but I have the desire not to do that - and I look at the homosexual issue the same way," he said.
Moments from Rick Perry's career – Perry compares alcoholism to homosexuality at an event in San Francisco on June 11, 2014. "I may have the genetic coding that I'm inclined to be an alcoholic, but I have the desire not to do that - and I look at the homosexual issue the same way," he said.
Hide Caption
5 of 13
Perry greets President Barack Obama as he arrives in Dallas on July 9, 2014, for a meeting with local elected officials and faith leaders about the humanitarian situation at the Southwest border.
Moments from Rick Perry's career – Perry greets President Barack Obama as he arrives in Dallas on July 9, 2014, for a meeting with local elected officials and faith leaders about the humanitarian situation at the Southwest border.
Hide Caption
6 of 13
Hide Caption
7 of 13
rick perry gallery 1rick perry gallery 2rick perry gallery 3rick perry mugshot03 rick perry moments RESTRICTED04 rick perry moments 02 rick perry moments 08 rick perry moments RESTRICTED01 rick perry moments 05 rick perry moments 07 rick perry moments RESTRICTED09 rick perry moments 06 rick perry moments
Almost four years later, he enters the race struggling to make the top 10 in polls of a much-stronger Republican field, and with work to do to earn a second chance with voters.

After his Thursday launch, Perry will head to Iowa, where on Saturday he'll be in the city of Perry to kick off a "Ride with Rick" event that benefits the Puppy Jake Foundation, a non-profit that provides service dogs to wounded veterans.

He'll ride a motorcycle belonging to Taylor Morris, a Navy explosive ordinance disposal technician from Cedar Falls, Iowa who hasn't been able to ride it since being injured in Afghanistan.

Rick Perry's second chance in New Hampshire
Rick Perry's second chance in New Hampshire 00:59
PLAY VIDEO
The ride will end in Boone, Iowa, where Perry will then participate in Sen. Joni Ernst's "Roast and Ride" event — and begin courting voters in the first state to hit the polls.

The state has been Perry's focal point since 2014. He's made more than a dozen visits to Iowa, where he's visited far-flung locales while remaining under the radar — and far from the media circus that followed his first bid.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Holy shit... hes back!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 10:09:32 AM »
People talk about him supplying the comedy material again.  But I don't think most of the late night jokes are going to originate from him.  Seeing how Jindull, Carson, and Huck are running as well they are going to fill the comedy spot.  Of course, I am sure there will be a betting pool on how soon Christie has a raging meltdown on the trail. 

I think Perry will do a bit better than last time.  Will be a mid tier candidate along with Walker and Rubio.  Unfortunately, everyone still remembers his last time at this rodeo.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 10:28:33 AM »
 Snowflake, say hello to Hell.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 10:48:29 AM »
Front.
Runner.

In no time.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 10:51:45 AM »
Being from Texas, I can only guess that it will be a matter of time before he seals his fate. I think he will be more polished this time, but if you give him enough room, he will hang himself. He can't help it

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 11:10:03 AM »
Snowflake, say hello to Hell.

Yep.  Agree. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 01:02:20 PM »
Perry wants to be Prez so he can pardon himself from the felonies he committed. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 06:00:33 PM »
Actual words spoken by Rick Perry at his announcement today:

"There is nothing wrong with America today that my candidacy won't make happen."

Same ol' Rick.  Oh lord... I might want to rethink my statement about someone else other than him supplying all the comedy material.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 06:04:00 PM »
Front.
Runner.

In no time.

The most aesthetically pleasing of the GOP candidates but will likely have another Ron Paul type moment at some point.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 06:23:26 PM »
Hell, look at 2012.  Even Bachmann and Cain got a good 15 minutes of fame in the spotlight.

It isn't who is the best candidate, it's who is the last to crash and burn.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2015, 07:16:16 PM »
The most aesthetically pleasing of the GOP candidates but will likely have another Ron Paul type moment at some point.

they're a shallow bunch.  I mean, many love trump, and he's a foooking liberal for life that adapts a few "go USA!" positions in the last decade to win attention.  Cain was an obvious liar, a bad liar, and weak positions, answering "999" on how he'd handle libya, and yes, he freaking LED the GOP and was nearly the candidate. 

So yes, if Perry does nothing but show up, smile, brag about executing lots of people, and blame obama for 117% of everything, he might just be the last candidate smiling when it's time to pick one.   He's the first candidate to enter the race while under federal indictment, I believe, which is pretty cool. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2015, 06:37:24 AM »
they're a shallow bunch.  I mean, many love trump, and he's a foooking liberal for life that adapts a few "go USA!" positions in the last decade to win attention.  Cain was an obvious liar, a bad liar, and weak positions, answering "999" on how he'd handle libya, and yes, he freaking LED the GOP and was nearly the candidate. 

So yes, if Perry does nothing but show up, smile, brag about executing lots of people, and blame obama for 117% of everything, he might just be the last candidate smiling when it's time to pick one.   He's the first candidate to enter the race while under federal indictment, I believe, which is pretty cool. 

What a horrible thing to do  ::)

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2015, 07:53:23 AM »
What a horrible thing to do  ::)

"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel"

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace