Author Topic: steroids and shitloads of drugs killing every pro bodybuilder on the planet  (Read 36478 times)

equipoise

• Getbig III
excellent thread. I usually just get HDL, LDL, and triglycerides done as part of a full blood panel, but on monday I'll get a cardiac profile to see how the tren I'm currently running is affecting me. If the values are fucked up, I'll be so sad to stop the tren :(. But health comes first

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
Thats good you are detail orientated, its that attitude that makes the difference between longevity and being a statistic. In your prior post I would also agree the competitive bodybuilding introduces another level of drug use of different types along with a very stressful metabolic state flpping between months of extreme calorie consumption and then food and water deprivation, this is just an additional external aging factor.

Thanks for mentioning about the anemia, as that makes it clear that your ferritin levels would be low. A normal range starts above 12ng/ml so you are very low. You can probably count that as a gift if you plan to use gear long term! Ferritin is associated with increased oxidised LDL particles, without going into too much detail. More ferritin = more oxidation = more bad LDL. You actually have "good" and bad LDL. Even if you have a healthy lifestyle but accumulating iron through your diet, you have a good chance of increasing your bad cholesterol and risks for heart disease. As you mentioned you comments about Tren having almost no effect, I was interested to know whether your ferritin was high or low and was expecting it to be low. Most people are saying that low carb is the best way to sort high cholesterol out, which overall I agree with as it has other health benefits, but I have been thinking that in many cases iron depletion may work just as well. if you dont deplete the iron stores down, you might find your LDL creeping back up if you dont stay on low carb all the time. Low carb keeps cholesterol oxidation low, but so does low ferritin.
In your case you are probably proof of that, your anaemia keeps your ferritin low, and steroids especially tren are well known for causing a huge shift towards bad LDL. The fact you have less ferritin available to oxidise LDL helps give you a bit of protection.
Consumption of organ meats as you say is another good thing to include to get the fat soluble vitamins, something I am trying to do more of myself.

Fasting wise 16 hours is the sweet spot, as catabolic effects only kicking after then. 12 is probably not enough if you are on a high calorie diet and eating lots of slow digesting foods. Question is whether fasting has any effect in the presence of anabolics that elevate IGF-1, one for the future study perhaps :)

There are some yeasts and bacteria that are supposed to be involved in recycling of NAD, Kefir a polish/eastern european drink that contains a diverse range probiotics and live yeasts, much more so than other probiotic drinks/yoghurts. Might be something to investigate, needs to be unpasteurised. Live yoghurt is still worth consuming anyway, as guy bacteria can help contribute to you vitamin K production as well.

I'm glad we have this discussion. You gave me some new food for thought. The Ferritin part is very interesting, you may be right, it most probably played a part (in addition to my hereditary traits to be resistant to lipid issues, like my falimy members. We are thin, everyone, not a single obese person in my family from both sides, regardless of age/lifestyle).
 Organ meats are tasty (for me), just a hell to prepare usualy (liver for ex.).

I know kefir, I could buy it. Have to look more into it. Sounds very simple, but hey, if it could work..

I think I won't worry too much about my iron for some time to come, unles I will start feeling sleepy/lack of air again (like when I was anemic). Too much iron is not good. It's pretty strange that hormones doesn't elevate my hemoglobin, must be some kind of genetic flaw.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
being the next robinson freeman is no problem if you got the same genetic makeup.

These guys are pretty smart cats, not your average airhead bodybuilder and not just lucky. Genetics + careful application of science - something may come out..

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
just stuff yourself with this

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
Re: steroids and shitloads of drugs killing every pro bodybuilder on the planet
« Reply #79 on: December 24, 2015, 04:19:14 AM »
Sauerkraut is medicine...
----

Health effects[edit]
Benefits[edit]
Sauerkraut (including liquid)
Nutritional value per 100 g (3.5 oz)
Energy   78 kJ (19 kcal)
Carbohydrates
4.3 g
Sugars   1.8 g
Dietary fiber   2.9 g
Fat
0.14 g
Protein
0.9 g
Vitamins
Vitamin B6   (10%) 0.13 mg
Vitamin C   (18%) 15 mg
Minerals
Iron   (12%) 1.5 mg
Sodium   (44%) 661 mg
Other constituents
Water   92 g
Units
μg = micrograms • mg = milligrams
IU = International units
Percentages are roughly approximated using US recommendations for adults.
Source: USDA Nutrient Database
Many health benefits have been claimed for sauerkraut.

It is a source of vitamins C, B, and K;[20] the fermentation process increases the bioavailability of nutrients rendering sauerkraut even more nutritious than the original cabbage.[21] It is also low in calories and high in calcium and magnesium, and it is a very good source of dietary fiber, folate, iron, potassium, copper and manganese.[20]
If unpasteurized and uncooked, sauerkraut also contains live lactobacilli and beneficial microbes and is rich in enzymes. The fiber and supply of probiotics improve digestion and promote the growth of healthy bowel flora, protecting against many diseases of the digestive tract.[21][22]
Sauerkraut has been used in Europe for centuries to treat stomach ulcers, and its effectiveness for soothing the digestive tract has been well established by numerous studies.[23]
Raw sauerkraut is distinctly different from store-bought, canned sauerkraut. While many food manufacturers can or jar their kraut using heat in order to extend shelf life, raw sauerkraut is lacto-fermented and is alive with good bacteria and probiotics. Raw sauerkraut is fermented over days or weeks at room temperature, packaged into jars with its own brine solution, then refrigerated to preserve the vitamins, enzymes, and beneficial bacteria without any heat. The lactic acid creates beneficial intestinal flora, balances stomach pH both directions, and helps break down proteins.[24]
During the American Civil War, the physician John Jay Terrell (1829–1922)[25][26] was able to successfully reduce the death rate from disease among prisoners of war; he attributed this to the practice of feeding his patients raw sauerkraut.[27]
Sauerkraut is a time-honored folk remedy for canker sores. It is used by rinsing the mouth with sauerkraut juice for about 30 seconds several times a day, or by placing a wad of sauerkraut against the affected area for a minute or so before chewing and swallowing the kraut.[28]
The October 23, 2002 issue of the Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry reported that Finnish researchers found the isothiocyanates produced in sauerkraut fermentation inhibit the growth of cancer cells in test tube and animal studies.[29] A Polish study in 2010 concluded that "... induction of the key detoxifying enzymes by cabbage juices, particularly sauerkraut, may be responsible for their chemopreventive activity demonstrated by epidemiological studies and in animal models".[30][31][32][33][34][35][36][37]
Sauerkraut is high in the antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin, both associated with preserving ocular health.[38]

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
« Reply #80 on: December 24, 2015, 05:24:57 AM »
Sauerkraut is medicine...
----

Health effects[edit]
Benefits[edit]
Sauerkraut (including liquid)
Nutritional value per 100 g (3.5 oz)
Energy   78 kJ (19 kcal)
Carbohydrates
4.3 g
Sugars   1.8 g
Dietary fiber   2.9 g
Fat
0.14 g
Protein
0.9 g
Vitamins
Vitamin B6   (10%) 0.13 mg
Vitamin C   (18%) 15 mg
Minerals
Iron   (12%) 1.5 mg
Sodium   (44%) 661 mg
Other constituents
Water   92 g
Units
μg = micrograms • mg = milligrams
IU = International units
Percentages are roughly approximated using US recommendations for adults.
Source: USDA Nutrient Database
Many health benefits have been claimed for sauerkraut.

It is a source of vitamins C, B, and K;[20] the fermentation process increases the bioavailability of nutrients rendering sauerkraut even more nutritious than the original cabbage.[21] It is also low in calories and high in calcium and magnesium, and it is a very good source of dietary fiber, folate, iron, potassium, copper and manganese.[20]
If unpasteurized and uncooked, sauerkraut also contains live lactobacilli and beneficial microbes and is rich in enzymes. The fiber and supply of probiotics improve digestion and promote the growth of healthy bowel flora, protecting against many diseases of the digestive tract.[21][22]
Sauerkraut has been used in Europe for centuries to treat stomach ulcers, and its effectiveness for soothing the digestive tract has been well established by numerous studies.[23]
Raw sauerkraut is distinctly different from store-bought, canned sauerkraut. While many food manufacturers can or jar their kraut using heat in order to extend shelf life, raw sauerkraut is lacto-fermented and is alive with good bacteria and probiotics. Raw sauerkraut is fermented over days or weeks at room temperature, packaged into jars with its own brine solution, then refrigerated to preserve the vitamins, enzymes, and beneficial bacteria without any heat. The lactic acid creates beneficial intestinal flora, balances stomach pH both directions, and helps break down proteins.[24]
During the American Civil War, the physician John Jay Terrell (1829–1922)[25][26] was able to successfully reduce the death rate from disease among prisoners of war; he attributed this to the practice of feeding his patients raw sauerkraut.[27]
Sauerkraut is a time-honored folk remedy for canker sores. It is used by rinsing the mouth with sauerkraut juice for about 30 seconds several times a day, or by placing a wad of sauerkraut against the affected area for a minute or so before chewing and swallowing the kraut.[28]
The October 23, 2002 issue of the Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry reported that Finnish researchers found the isothiocyanates produced in sauerkraut fermentation inhibit the growth of cancer cells in test tube and animal studies.[29] A Polish study in 2010 concluded that "... induction of the key detoxifying enzymes by cabbage juices, particularly sauerkraut, may be responsible for their chemopreventive activity demonstrated by epidemiological studies and in animal models".[30][31][32][33][34][35][36][37]
Sauerkraut is high in the antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin, both associated with preserving ocular health.[38]

I read that one cup of cooked sauerkraut contains over 1 trillion probiotics

Fermented food rules for gut health

It would take roughly 20-25 probiotic pills a day just to the equal a cup of sauerkraut

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #81 on: December 24, 2015, 05:45:17 AM »
It's a lifestyle choice people make.

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: December 24, 2015, 05:48:28 AM »
Oh well, who cares if they all die relatively young, it's their choice to mess up their body and mind just for other people's entertainment. Bodybuilding is a drug cult, said Vince Gironda a long time ago

BB is quite boring usually so I have to admit that I like reading about dead bodybuilders: sort of a lot more spectacular than when they were alive and it just proves my theory that training is about health   :-)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: December 24, 2015, 10:11:02 AM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'(
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: December 24, 2015, 10:14:00 AM »