Author Topic: Dusty Rhodes - R.I.P.  (Read 4978 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Dusty Rhodes - R.I.P.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 11:23:50 AM »
http://www.tmz.com/2015/06/11/dusty-rhodes-wwe-legend-dies/
just saw it, he looks like he was wasting away the last two years or so.... christopher lee also died today at least he made it to 93.
F

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 11:25:46 AM »
One of the best all time on the Mic, imo.

RIP

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 11:54:57 AM »
It's no secret to anyone who followed this board several years ago that I'm not in any way a fan of Dusty, and I'd made the reasons very clear.

But, I always give credit where it is deserved, and I ALWAYS gave Mr. Runnels credit for the success he achieved in the business despite never understanding why or how he got it. Professional wrestling's always been a tough business to get in, and even tougher to succeed. So many people try, and most fail miserably.

The most I'll ever understand about Dusty is that, whatever it is he had, it's obviously what people/fans wanted. I'll never comprehend his success, but I respect that he had it.

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
  • Whisper sumthin nice and I'll make ya scream twice
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 01:16:17 PM »
It's no secret to anyone who followed this board several years ago that I'm not in any way a fan of Dusty, and I'd made the reasons very clear.

But, I always give credit where it is deserved, and I ALWAYS gave Mr. Runnels credit for the success he achieved in the business despite never understanding why or how he got it. Professional wrestling's always been a tough business to get in, and even tougher to succeed. So many people try, and most fail miserably.

The most I'll ever understand about Dusty is that, whatever it is he had, it's obviously what people/fans wanted. I'll never comprehend his success, but I respect that he had it.

I don't think it's hard to understand his success at all. He was a hero to white trash hillbilly wrestling fans all over the world.
I never liked him either. That retarded lisp when he spoke, those disgusting man tits, and that devastating bionic elbow.....I'll say this he had remarkable stamina for a fat ass. That being said.....r.i.p

Ron Jeremy

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 03:34:22 PM »
He drew crowds and made money. The end.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 03:35:24 PM »
I don't think it's hard to understand his success at all. He was a hero to white trash hillbilly wrestling fans all over the world.
I never liked him either. That retarded lisp when he spoke, those disgusting man tits, and that devastating bionic elbow.....I'll say this he had remarkable stamina for a fat ass. That being said.....r.i.p

Honky Tonk man said he smelled like a pig and never took a shower before matches.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2015, 04:02:56 PM »
This being a bodybuilding board, we're obviously not gonna be fans of that physique, but, as has been said, he drew money in his neck of the woods, and certainly made his mark.

RIP

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 06:17:51 PM »
Yup, sad shit. Kidney failure was the cause.

UPDATE x 5:TMZ reports that Dusty Rhodes was focused on improving his health as recently as last week. Jerry Brisco told the site that he hung out with Rhodes in Orlando last Thursday and that Rhodes was talking about how he had been going to the doctor regularly. The late WWE/NWA legend told Brisco that he needed to bring his blood pressure down and that his weight loss was helping with that.

Brisco said that he and Rhodes were planning to go to event tonight night in Tampa, Florida in order to raise money for a wrestling “wall of fame.” Brisco is still attending so that he can get together with wrestlers and fans to share Dusty stories, even if it won’t be the same without him there.

UPDATE x 4: WWE shut down filming of Tough Enough at the Performance Center in Orlando after it was announced that Dusty Rhodes passed away. Rhodes was heavily involved with WWE and NXT.

Many of the NXT talents considered Rhodes a mentor and friend.

UPDATE x 3: TMZ has an update on the death of Dusty Rhodes and what might have caused it. EMTs responded to Rhodes’ home in Orlando, Florida at 5:56 AM yesterday morning after getting a call that he suffered a fall. Rhodes was taken to a nearby hospital where he ultimately passed away. It’s believed he suffered “numerous complications” through the night. His immediate family rushed to the hospital when they found out what happened.

UPDATE x 2: The wrestling world is currently in mourning. Here are posts from several people in WWE:

catracho

• Getbig IV
  • I don't want to be "that guy"!
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2015, 09:35:30 PM »
I'm sure he hit St. Peter with the bionic elbow to get in the gates!!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2015, 02:29:49 AM »
UPDATE x 5:TMZ reports that Dusty Rhodes was focused on improving his health as recently as last week. Jerry Brisco told the site that he hung out with Rhodes in Orlando last Thursday and that Rhodes was talking about how he had been going to the doctor regularly. The late WWE/NWA legend told Brisco that he needed to bring his blood pressure down and that his weight loss was helping with that.

While I would never discourage anyone from getting in shape regardless of age or where they are currently health-wise, I think it was too little/too late for Rhodes. He should have taken some of these steps much earlier.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2015, 05:21:02 PM »
While I would never discourage anyone from getting in shape regardless of age or where they are currently health-wise, I think it was too little/too late for Rhodes. He should have taken some of these steps much earlier.
Wasn't he also a diabetic?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2015, 02:28:25 AM »
Wasn't he also a diabetic?

Without knowing for certain, I'd bet my retirement accounts that he was.

Most people his size are, and I speak from direct personal experience with those people.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2015, 09:14:27 AM »

Without knowing for certain, I'd bet my retirement accounts that he was.

Most people his size are, and I speak from direct personal experience with those people.
Yup. RIP.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2015, 06:17:51 AM »
HE WAS KNOWN ALL OVER TERRITORIES NWA/FLORIDA/GEORGIA/WCW..BUT HE HAD A HECK OF RUN WWF,,I SAW A MATCH ONLINE OLD SCHOOL BILLY GRAHMAN/DUSTY RHOADES BULLROPE MATCH BLOODY FUN  :D

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2015, 01:35:18 PM »
I remember polka dot Dusty from his WWF  run, pulling Sapphire  from the crowd and going to battle with the Million Dollar man and the Macho King.

I don't think I'll ever forget young Dustin wrestling  DiBiase  to a 10 minute draw on Superstars, HE HAD NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE! 

It wasn't until I was older that I got to see Dusty's "best" work, but despite having his appearance being his own enemy , his short lived polka dot run got over on his charisma alone and it's how many will remember him.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2015, 03:15:58 PM »
Montague is biting his proverbial tongue proverbially hard...

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2015, 04:14:52 AM »
Montague is biting his proverbial tongue proverbially hard...
"In public...if you will." Said with a lisp....lol...

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2015, 03:12:36 PM »
"In public...if you will." Said with a lisp....lol...

8)