Author Topic: Iowa Supreme Court affirms right to be drunk on front porch  (Read 576 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
How the heck did she get charged in the first place?  Ridiculous that she had to take it as far as she did.

Iowa Supreme Court affirms right to be drunk on front porch
Published June 12, 2015
Associated Press

The Iowa Supreme Court has affirmed the right to be drunk on your front porch.

The court ruled Friday in the case of Patience Paye, who appealed her 2013 public intoxication conviction.

Paye called police after fighting with her boyfriend and met officers on the front porch of her Waterloo home. While investigating the domestic assault complaint an officer questioned Paye about whether she'd been drinking. A test revealed her blood alcohol concentration at 0.267 percent, more than three times the amount considered drunk if she were driving.

She was charged and convicted but appealed, saying her front porch isn't a public place.

The Supreme Court agreed, declaring the front steps of a private residence not a public place if the homeowner hasn't invited the general public to be there.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/06/12/iowa-supreme-court-affirms-right-to-be-drunk-on-front-porch/?intcmp=latestnews

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Iowa Supreme Court affirms right to be drunk on front porch
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 01:08:13 PM »
A test revealed her blood alcohol concentration at 0.267 percent,

Scientists use the term “lethal dose” (LD) to describe the blood alcohol concentration that produces death from alcohol poisoning in half the population. Most authorities agree that BACs in the 0.40 percent to 0.50 percent range meet the requirement.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 01:16:44 PM »

Scientists use the term “lethal dose” (LD) to describe the blood alcohol concentration that produces death from alcohol poisoning in half the population. Most authorities agree that BACs in the 0.40 percent to 0.50 percent range meet the requirement.

And?  You can have a BAC of ten times the legal limit and it will still not be "public intoxication" if you're sitting on your own front porch. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 01:22:23 PM »
And?  You can have a BAC of ten times the legal limit and it will still not be "public intoxication" if you're sitting on your own front porch. 

I'm just laughing at the hillbilly getting near-deadly wasted.  I could give a shit about this law, this case, and my only surprise here is that we had a drunken porch fight and a Palin wasn't involved. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 01:24:07 PM »
Perhaps if the front porch was a "shared" type like you see duplexes or some town house styles where the two neighbors on each side share the same porch and steps, but even then it is a stretch. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 01:27:05 PM »
I'm just laughing at the hillbilly getting near-deadly wasted.  I could give a shit about this law, this case, and my only surprise here is that we had a drunken porch fight and a Palin wasn't involved.  

That's really funny.  

Actually no it's not.  

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015, 02:26:22 AM »

blah blah blah
Ψ

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2015, 02:27:15 AM »
How the heck did she get charged in the first place?  Ridiculous that she had to take it as far as she did.

Pigs out of control..
Ψ