Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Kentucky cop shoots, kills man who attacked him with flag pole  (Read 12010 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
I understand there is a gulf between how Americans and British view self defence, to me that seems just ridiculous. He could have been easily dealt with without killing him.

I know I know you shouldn't attack an officer, but I don't think officers should be so fucking quick to start shooting people.

How would you have handled that exact situation?

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Haha!  Dead drunk of peace.  ::)  
a

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
We need 240 here. Can't wait to here is input. 240 has the keen ability to judge the exact distance between officer and citizen and whether or not the cop was justified in using deadly force.  240 will make all things clear.
Except for the fact that he is always wrong.

Waller

• Getbig IV
Thing is, taking a few whacks on the head so you don't hurt the attacker is not a very well thought out plan. If the guy is crazy enough to attack the cop, if he is able to disable the cop with the pole he then has access to about 45 rounds of ammunition and a gun. How do you propose the officer was supposed to protect the guy from himself in that situation?

Well, don't take a few whacks on the head then.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
There are a lot of ways he could have protected himself that didn't result in killing the guy.

1. Heat Vision
2. Lantern Ring
3. Bow and Arrow
4. Kung Fu move
5. Invisible Shield
6. Fire ball

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
1. Heat Vision
2. Lantern Ring
3. Bow and Arrow
4. Kung Fu move
5. Invisible Shield
6. Fire ball

7. Wrist wrestling

8)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
There are a lot of ways he could have protected himself that didn't result in killing the guy.

And there are a lot of ways the black guy could have acted as well. Let's talk about what happened , not what could have happened , what should have happened , what might have happened.

Waller

• Getbig IV
How would you have handled that exact situation?

Step in, deal with him. Corkscrew uppercut?  :D

If needed you take a hit to the hand or arm, better than the head. Once you're in that pole is useless and his hands are occupied.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
We could "He shoulda" all day.. he picked the right choice given the time he had to make a decision and react. Taser would have been a poor choice. If one probe doesn't connect you're holding a plastic toy gun. Pepper spray might have worked, might not have.. people high on substances don't always react. Nah, appropriate choice given the circumstances.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V

If needed you take a hit to the hand or arm, better than the head. Once you're in that pole is useless and his hands are occupied.

Now I'm wondering if you're trolling..

polychronopolous

• Getbig V

So cops need to "just take the hit" every time someone charges with them with a club?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
So cops need to "just take the hit" every time someone charges with them with a club?

Sadly, it's getting to the point that is expected these days

Waller

• Getbig IV

Nobody said that. This was one out of shape drugged up/pissed guy flailing a stupid pole.

Bosch

• Getbig III
sounds pretty easy right?

Don't tell me it's that hard.

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!

are we still talking about fighting??  The end of your post sounds like it needs to include a grapefruit.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Since I am a getbigger, I would have put him in an armbar with my right arm, while subduing the flagpole with my left hand. Then, I would have used my right leg to collapse his right leg. Once that occurred, I would have used  my other leg to pin his left leg, while bringing him gently to the ground. I would have made a citizens arrest until the police showed up.
X

Twaddle

• Getbig V
Not really sure how this is breaking news?   ???

Waller

• Getbig IV
are we still talking about fighting??  The end of your post sounds like it needs to include a grapefruit.

Well... I am a bodybuilder.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Don't tell me it's that hard.

I'll tell you it's stupid for a couple reasons

1. A moving target in a high stress situation is already difficult to hit
2. Hitting a leg doesn't guarantee it stops the threat

Center mass is the best choice in 99% of the cases because the odds are with the person moving, you are more likely to connect by aiming center mass. You may end up hitting an arm or leg but you have a better chance of scoring a hit and stopping the threat.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Also, for the whole shoot him in the wing, leg, whatever extraneous part.... Notice that the guy is still up and around after being hit twice.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
If police were epuipped with giant magnet, he could have disarmed the suspect peacefully

Waller

• Getbig IV
If police were epuipped with giant magnet, he could have disarmed the suspect peacefully

Now we're getting somewhere.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
So no more Wiggz  :'( :'( :'(

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl

I think that pole was aluminum lol so that's a no go