Author Topic: Nothing about Trump running for the Republican nomination?  (Read 2862 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Nothing about Trump running for the Republican nomination?
« on: June 16, 2015, 04:19:53 PM »
???

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Nothing about Trump running for the Republican nomination?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 04:24:46 PM »
Republicans are torn here.  Even the fox anchors were mocking him right after the announcement.   He's a lifetime nbc liberal who decided in 2008 to oppose everything Obama and run against his wet spot 8 years later.   Start from that perspective and it all makes perfect sense.  He wrote pelosi congrats card in 2007.  Then suddenly he's a. Republican?   

Nah.  He's an anti Mexican liberal who loves attention.  Period.  Repubs are scared he will run and compromise on everything or implode against Hilary. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 04:28:06 PM »
I think most people recognize him as the sideshow that he is.  He's about as viable as Rick Santorum, but he will make more noise because he has so much money.  He might stick around for a little while because the field is crowded, but he doesn't have a snowball's chance. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 04:31:48 PM »
I think most people recognize him as the sideshow that he is.  He's about as viable as Rick Santorum, but he will make more noise because he has so much money.  He might stick around for a little while because the field is crowded, but he doesn't have a snowball's chance. 

Disagree.  How many getbiggers have trump covering their social media feeds today?   I see many non political people loving trump without knowing a single political position he holds.  They just like his celebrity.  They want to be a part of it, a national Arnold moment where the tv star leads our nation to prosperity and they can brag to grandkids they used to see him on tv and read his book in 1984 (like I did lol)

A shitload of repubs are going to support trump.  Sadly.  Cause it'll keep Cruz from sharing his logical, sensible message with the people. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 04:37:26 PM »
Disagree.  How many getbiggers have trump covering their social media feeds today?   I see many non political people loving trump without knowing a single political position he holds.  They just like his celebrity.  They want to be a part of it, a national Arnold moment where the tv star leads our nation to prosperity and they can brag to grandkids they used to see him on tv and read his book in 1984 (like I did lol)

A shitload of repubs are going to support trump.  Sadly.  Cause it'll keep Cruz from sharing his logical, sensible message with the people. 

No they aren't.  He has no chance.  He's going to provide funny and entertaining sound bites and that's about it.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 04:41:33 PM »
No they aren't.  He has no chance.  He's going to provide funny and entertaining sound bites and that's about it.   

According to fox debate ranking, trump is at 12th as of yesterday.  He has to be in top ten to make the debate.  He absolutely will make that cut lol.  He's gonna move up from 12th because there are many people stupid enough to believe he is qualified or consistent. 

Beach bum dos Equis, we agree trump is terrible and a sideshow.  We disagree on how many repubs will support him.  I contend it'll be many. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 04:48:18 PM »
According to fox debate ranking, trump is at 12th as of yesterday.  He has to be in top ten to make the debate.  He absolutely will make that cut lol.  He's gonna move up from 12th because there are many people stupid enough to believe he is qualified or consistent. 

Beach bum dos Equis, we agree trump is terrible and a sideshow.  We disagree on how many repubs will support him.  I contend it'll be many. 

The only reason he would move up is he has a net worth of nearly $9 billion. 

Allied Powers 240 is back, we don't agree on anything. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 04:55:50 PM »

Allied Powers 240 is back, we don't agree on anything. 

we both agree trump is a sideshow.

the difference is, I believe repubs are capable of nominating a sideshow.  Cain was a sideshow with insane baggage, and an obvious liar... and with just a few weeks left before super tuesday, his ass was leading by a healthy margin.

repubs ARE capable of electing a sideshow.  Moderates/undecideds are too.   I asked some of my friends which Trump positions they agreed with - they didn't know any except "the USA is going to kick ass again, being run by a businessman, and all the losers in washington will be FIRED!"   

mouth ajar.   complete stupidity, and it's not just repubs.  Dems will cross over just to vote for their tv hero.  it could be a mess, and he could win nomiation. although I certainly hope not.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 05:03:47 PM »
we both agree trump is a sideshow.

the difference is, I believe repubs are capable of nominating a sideshow.  Cain was a sideshow with insane baggage, and an obvious liar... and with just a few weeks left before super tuesday, his ass was leading by a healthy margin.

repubs ARE capable of electing a sideshow.  Moderates/undecideds are too.   I asked some of my friends which Trump positions they agreed with - they didn't know any except "the USA is going to kick ass again, being run by a businessman, and all the losers in washington will be FIRED!"   

mouth ajar.   complete stupidity, and it's not just repubs.  Dems will cross over just to vote for their tv hero.  it could be a mess, and he could win nomiation. although I certainly hope not.

No, we don't agree on anything. 

I doubt your friends are representative of the voters who will pick the GOP nominee. 

I'm rolling with someone like Sabato over uninformed people you may or may not have spoken with. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2015, 05:06:59 PM »
I'm rolling with someone like Sabato over uninformed people you may or may not have spoken with. 

sabato is right... trump owns the hearts of teh media, not the people.

since we know the people eat up everything the media spoon feeds them, it makes perfect sense.

No freakin' way Newt had "the hearts and minds" of the majority of voters lol... the media sold that narrative, and "me too" voters that want to be part of something said they'd support him.

Same can happen here.  Trump is a dangerous candidate, he's an underqualified egomaniac, but if he can control the media (like obama did), he can make a nice impact.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2015, 05:12:00 PM »
sabato is right... trump owns the hearts of teh media, not the people.

since we know the people eat up everything the media spoon feeds them, it makes perfect sense.

No freakin' way Newt had "the hearts and minds" of the majority of voters lol... the media sold that narrative, and "me too" voters that want to be part of something said they'd support him.

Same can happen here.  Trump is a dangerous candidate, he's an underqualified egomaniac, but if he can control the media (like obama did), he can make a nice impact.

Trump isn't going to do anything except make a few headlines.  He's not dangerous.  He's not viable.  He has money.  That's why he may hang around for a little while.  He'll be sitting at home after the primary season right next to Rick Perry, Santorum et al.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2015, 05:19:54 PM »
Trump isn't going to do anything except make a few headlines.  He's not dangerous.  He's not viable.  He has money.  That's why he may hang around for a little while.  He'll be sitting at home after the primary season right next to Rick Perry, Santorum et al.   

you said you agree with Sabato.

I'm rolling with someone like Sabato

"Whatever you think of Donald Trump’s influence, I’ll tell you where he has real influence, it’s with the media. He’s going to attract cameras by the dozen because they expect something interesting to happen." political prognosticator Larry Sabato said.

Media is quite a whore.  Obama was better for ratings than hilary - a better story - so they coddled him to the win, right?  Trump is much better TV that boring politicians with reasonable positions and level heads.  He's palin with a wig... okay, they both have wings, but you get my drift. 

Media loves a sideshow, and they'll keep him involved.  People will start to believe he's credible.  Heck, political junkies like 333386 joined the "palin panzer division" just because the media kept her clueless ass in it. 

it can very easily happen here - media notices 5% more people tune in when trump is on, and they keep him relevant thru fall, into January... and suddenly he spends his way to Super Tuesday wins and has the inside track to the nomination.   

I'm telling you, outright LIBERALS were saying "Trump is going to fire some losers" and REPUBS were saying "Trump is a businessman, which is the only thing that can prevent a depression!"    He can be as politically vague as possible and just win with his shiny media coverage, which you/sabato agree on, will be there for him.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2015, 05:29:06 PM »
A nation that worships the kardashians may just elect this dude on celebrity alone.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2015, 05:32:14 PM »
you said you agree with Sabato.

"Whatever you think of Donald Trump’s influence, I’ll tell you where he has real influence, it’s with the media. He’s going to attract cameras by the dozen because they expect something interesting to happen." political prognosticator Larry Sabato said.

Media is quite a whore.  Obama was better for ratings than hilary - a better story - so they coddled him to the win, right?  Trump is much better TV that boring politicians with reasonable positions and level heads.  He's palin with a wig... okay, they both have wings, but you get my drift. 

Media loves a sideshow, and they'll keep him involved.  People will start to believe he's credible.  Heck, political junkies like 333386 joined the "palin panzer division" just because the media kept her clueless ass in it. 

it can very easily happen here - media notices 5% more people tune in when trump is on, and they keep him relevant thru fall, into January... and suddenly he spends his way to Super Tuesday wins and has the inside track to the nomination.   

I'm telling you, outright LIBERALS were saying "Trump is going to fire some losers" and REPUBS were saying "Trump is a businessman, which is the only thing that can prevent a depression!"    He can be as politically vague as possible and just win with his shiny media coverage, which you/sabato agree on, will be there for him.

Yes, I agree with Sabato.

Sabato says Bush, Walker, and Rubio, with lots of caveats.   I tend to agree at this point, subject to the debates. 

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4291142490001/sabato-only-3-republicans-can-win-presidential-nomination/?intcmp=obnetwork#sp=show-clips

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2015, 05:32:33 PM »
A nation that worships the kardashians may just elect this dude on celebrity alone.

Never happen. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2015, 05:39:17 PM »

Yep.   Kim Kardashian could run for Mayor of a city and win in a heartbeat.  She could probably win a state senator job.  Who knows.  She could center a season of her garbage show around running for governor, and would it surprise anyone if she won?   LOL

Arnold was a pot smoking, whore-banging, steroid head movie star - he coasted to a victory without any political experience. 

I think beach overestimates the brainpower of the average tv-watching idiot.  They'll vote for trump just to post it on their wall.  Trump is dangerous to other GOPers that are boring.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2015, 08:36:07 AM »
did yall hear some of the quotes Trump made?  WOW.   He called Bush2 not the worst president in history, but certainly the stupidest.   Amazing.   Politicians are phonies, but they're gentleman/women at least.  I can't imagine how many awkward debate moments we are going to see lol.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2015, 09:35:11 AM »
seriously??????? you guys would rather Jeb or Hilary than Trump????????? WOW

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2015, 09:50:59 AM »
seriously??????? you guys would rather Jeb or Hilary than Trump????????? WOW

I'd rather have none of the above, but no way should Trump ever be in the White House.  I love the fact he has been so successful, but he lacks the temperament, discipline, and self-control to be president.  You cannot put someone like that in charge of the military. 

That said, this is just message board material, because he will not sniff the GOP nomination, much less the presidency.  The media will be all over him because he will continue to feed them outlandish one-liners, and he has a ton of money to spend, but he's going nowhere. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2015, 10:00:29 AM »
I'd rather have none of the above, but no way should Trump ever be in the White House.  I love the fact he has been so successful, but he lacks the temperament, discipline, and self-control to be president.  You cannot put someone like that in charge of the military.  

That said, this is just message board material, because he will not sniff the GOP nomination, much less the presidency.  The media will be all over him because he will continue to feed them outlandish one-liners, and he has a ton of money to spend, but he's going nowhere.  

Politico makes 7 very compelling reasons why Trump is going to be a fairly big factor for a lot of this primary process, and does stand a chance:

#1. Money Talks
Unlike the other candidates, the wealthy real estate mogul doesn’t have to worry about soliciting donors, or crafting positions to appeal to special-interest money, or meeting absurd fund-raising expectations that they foolishly set for themselves. That saves him a lot of time to devote to his favorite pastime–self-promotion. If he wants to fight all the way to the convention, he could probably find more than enough money simply by searching the couch cushions at Mar-a-Lago for loose change.

#2. Expectations
He’s a nuisance, a hothead, totally unqualified, a spoiler. But enough about Pat Buchanan, whose surprisingly strong, populist, “mad as hell” primary campaign against George H. W. Bush in 1992 left the Bush faction reeling all the way to their defeat in the general election. That nobody thinks Donald Trump has any hope of winning a primary, much less a single debate, makes it all the easier for him to surprise reporters simply by doing better than expected. If Donald Trump can manage a clever quip or two in the first debate, poke fun at himself, and not set his lectern, or the moderator daring to question him, on fire, he’ll impress the hell out of nearly everyone. Besides...

#3. The Frontrunners Are Safe and Boring
You don’t spent 14 seasons out-grandstanding a pack of desperate ego maniac celebrities and not know a thing or two about commanding attention. With all due respect to Marco Rubio and Rand Paul, they can’t hold a candle, much less a soundbite, against the likes of Joan Rivers and Gary Busey. Trump knows how to take complicated issues and fit them into bumper-sticker phrases that can appeal to regular Joes (and Janes), even if they sound crazy to everyone else.

#4. The Ross Perot Precedent
A wacky billionaire with a hair-trigger temper and penchant for bizarre digressions decides to run for president. Where have we heard that one before? Oh, yes, when the allegedly nutty Ross Perot grabbed the highest number of votes of any third-party candidate in history, depriving Republican George H.W. Bush any chance of holding onto the White House against a candidate named Clinton.  

#5. Voters Like Crazy
Speaking of Perot, this was a man who once claimed Cuban assassins had been sent to kill him. A man who dropped out of the presidential race, before dropping back in, because of an alleged Republican “plot” he uncovered to disrupt his daughter’s wedding. He picked as his running mate a totally unprepared candidate who at one point in the vice presidential debate confessed that his hearing aid wasn’t working. His campaign theme song was–and this is no joke–Patsy Cline’s “Crazy.”  And yet H. Ross Perot was at one point the frontrunner for the presidency and still, after finding himself immersed in plotlines that would be rejected as too far-fetched for “American Horror Story,” managed 19 percent of the popular vote. In other words, one out of five Americans thought he wasn’t too crazy to be president.

#6. The Incredible Hulk Syndrome
As much as his fellow GOPers would love to mock and torment Trump, the smarter among them will work hard to restrain themselves. For one simple reasons: much like Bruce Banner, you don’t want to make an unpredictable billionaire angry. A third-party bid, railing against the GOP, could very well destroy whatever plausible chance the party has to defeat Hillary Clinton (who Trump has said he likes “very much.”)

#7. The Agenda Setter
As James Baldwin once put it, “the most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose.” Donald Trump doesn’t need the presidency. He doesn’t need to win anyone’s favor.  He can just let his what is euphemistically called “hair” down and let it fly. And because the press will love to cover him, he will have the other GOP candidates following one rabbit hole after another, depending on whatever Trump feels like talking about that day – trade with China, Obama’s place of birth, life on other planets, or the plotline of “Mr. Belvedere.” Candidates, brace yourselves. You are about to go on one wild, crazy ride.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/06/donald-trump-2016-seven-reasons-to-fear-119069.html#ixzz3dL7ScDAi

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2015, 10:22:48 AM »
Wow.  Cancel Christmas.  Trump will win it! 

I think this is one instance where chadstallion is right about the Clown Car.   :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2015, 04:27:17 AM »

Brietbart says trump is now in 2nd place nationally, and in a statistical dead heat with jeb.  How much has trump spent so far? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2015, 12:37:49 PM »
Brietbart says trump is now in 2nd place nationally, and in a statistical dead heat with jeb.  How much has trump spent so far? 

Wow.  Big deal.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2015, 12:46:13 PM »
Wow.  Big deal.

lol... trump, with his liberal history and obnoxious nature, is in a statistical dead heat with Jeb, a dignified former governor with family history in politics and a lifetime of serving his country politically.

I mean, trump makes fun of everyone, calls illegals rapists, calls the last repub president dumb, sports a lifetime of anti-gun behavior.... and a week after announcing, he's in a statistical tie for FIRST with republican frontrunner Jeb.

It's a big deal.  Won't last, but really shows the weak mindset of RINO voters.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2015, 12:49:03 PM »
lol... trump, with his liberal history and obnoxious nature, is in a statistical dead heat with Jeb, a dignified former governor with family history in politics and a lifetime of serving his country politically.

I mean, trump makes fun of everyone, calls illegals rapists, calls the last repub president dumb, sports a lifetime of anti-gun behavior.... and a week after announcing, he's in a statistical tie for FIRST with republican frontrunner Jeb.

It's a big deal.  Won't last, but really shows the weak mindset of RINO voters.

It's a big deal to small minded low information voters.