Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 2340706 times)

gib

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 5306
  • Getbig!
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #12925 on: September 09, 2026, 02:40:03 AM »
Obsidian - what's you view on BMNR? (I'll share mine, but keen to hear yours first). Curious to see if it will be what I think it will be :)

Mayday

  • Getbig IV
  • ****
  • Posts: 3158
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #12926 on: September 30, 2026, 12:27:02 AM »
Everyone is in......

Anyhoo the risk of Global implosion is over now But I propose people won't accept that. Perhaps we are already seeing a temper tantrum in BTC.

BTC prices risk of the unknown. Hiking rates didn't collapse us. Bombing the ME didn't nuke us. A pandemic didn't make us extinct.  We know we are ok now.


gib

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 5306
  • Getbig!
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #12927 on: October 05, 2026, 05:23:16 AM »
Alts!...

Some of you have messaged me asking for my views.

A few comments:

1. I don't consider any other "crypto", or stock, or commodity, or currency, as a legitimate "alt" to Bitcoin. Perhaps gold comes closest, and we all know gold's shortcomings vs BTC.

2. By "alts" I believe people are in general referring to tokenized projects, which are often non-compliant with existing securities laws applying to stocks, being utility tokens, governance tokens, stable-coins or meme-coins.

I value all alts as I would any project I would invest into, or any company I would buy. Many are vastly overvalued, but some are now at or close to fair value. For those wanting my alt portfolio, here it is (I won't put any % allocation, but those marked with * I am particularly bullish on as 5-8 year holds for 10x or more gains...)

-Filecoin *
-Solana *
-Chainlink *
-Jupiter *
-Arbitrum *
-Lido
-Aerodrome
-Artificial Super Intelligence *
-Pancake Swap
-BNB *
-Sky *
-Convex Finance
-Avalanche
-NEAR

I won't go into specific details now, but happy to discuss. I only consider and buy legit projects which show real revenue and growth at a price that can be justified given my expectation of the life and growth of the project or protocol represented by the token.

Note Eth is not on the list. I just can't do it, with its size, competitive dynamics, and PE of over 400. I value it at most $500 per coin. Having said that, it would not surprise me if Eth does rise this next cycle (although again underperforming BTC by around 50%, as it has done last 2 cycles) - but it just does not meet my investment criteria. (I still hold a little - and it might well still outperform USD over the next 3 years. A rising tide will float all boats for a while at least).

Mayday

  • Getbig IV
  • ****
  • Posts: 3158
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #12928 on: October 06, 2026, 03:36:53 AM »

SEC approves 3x leveraged ETF. This is fantastic news.

Griffith

  • Getbig V
  • *****
  • Posts: 10360
  • .......
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #12929 on: Today at 05:44:48 AM »
Gib still butthurt that Ethereum dared to steal some of Bitcoin's limelight.

 ;D