Author Topic: Greg kovacs strength claims  (Read 43092 times)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Re: Greg kovacs strength claims
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2006, 11:41:29 AM »
I dunno about strength claims but I remember pics of Kovacs and an offseason Nasser in his prime (about 320) and Kovacs dwarfed him...I believe the 400 lb offseason claim.  Remember the guy is 6'2" with 10" wrists..he has the frame for size

Perhaps but 400 lbs? Think about how big that is. If it's true he must have been absolutely freaky huge. Must have been a sight to see.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2006, 11:46:20 AM »
Ed Coan has squatted 825 for a single with no belt suit or wraps.His 900 deadlift was done in a singlet,not a deadlift suit,and a belt.His best raw bench is 550.This was all done at 220.Please,many bodybuilders are VERY VERY strong and would do VERY well in powerlifting.However,for a guy to say he could rep out 675 on an incline bench is just plain silly.If he could do that,he would go into any bench contest for money and win some cash without even breaking a sweat.Guys like Kovacks and Johnny"Im going to pull 1000pounds" Jackson exagerate their numbers and the funny thing is,they dont have to,their real numbers are impressive enough without the lying.

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2006, 11:49:55 AM »
Ed Coan has squatted 825 for a single with no belt suit or wraps.His 900 deadlift was done in a singlet,not a deadlift suit,and a belt.His best raw bench is 550.This was all done at 220.Please,many bodybuilders are VERY VERY strong and would do VERY well in powerlifting.However,for a guy to say he could rep out 675 on an incline bench is just plain silly.If he could do that,he would go into any bench contest for money and win some cash without even breaking a sweat.Guys like Kovacks and Johnny"Im going to pull 1000pounds" Jackson exagerate their numbers and the funny thing is,they dont have to,their real numbers are impressive enough without the lying.

I'm going to pull1000"?!?!?!? Didn't he only manage 815 at the rise of the dead a couple yrs ago?

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2006, 12:05:13 PM »
I dunno about strength claims but I remember pics of Kovacs and an offseason Nasser in his prime (about 320) and Kovacs dwarfed him...I believe the 400 lb offseason claim.  Remember the guy is 6'2" with 10" wrists..he has the frame for size
Remember the name of the game is winning shows. He placed dead last at the arnold 2004, dead last at the Toronto Pro show 2004, didn't even finish the GNC show 2003, ditto for the 2001 Night of Champions. There is your "hero".
Also, just because a guy is freaky big that doesn't mean he's strong.
All highly exaggerated. Give it up guys, He was at my gym since it opened in 1996 and I saw first hand along with Henderson Thorne what he does...and its not much.
PB

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2006, 12:08:53 PM »
Remember the name of the game is winning shows. He placed dead last at the arnold 2004, dead last at the Toronto Pro show 2004, didn't even finish the GNC show 2003, ditto for the 2001 Night of Champions. There is your "hero".
Also, just because a guy is freaky big that doesn't mean he's strong.
All highly exaggerated. Give it up guys, He was at my gym since it opened in 1996 and I saw first hand along with Henderson Thorne what he does...and its not much.
PB

I really don't give a shit "playboy" I simply said 400 lbs isn't hard to believe...its you whi si carrying on like a spurned lover...did Greg not return your advances?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2006, 12:16:38 PM »
I really don't give a shit "playboy" I simply said 400 lbs isn't hard to believe...its you whi si carrying on like a spurned lover...did Greg not return your advances?
??? He clocked in @ 360...not 400 and 100lbs of that is his belly jackass. Get your facts straight. He doesn't train at your gym.
PB

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2006, 12:18:56 PM »
??? He clocked in @ 360...not 400 and 100lbs of that is his belly jackass. Get your facts straight. He doesn't train at your gym.
PB

OK "playboy" hahaha now you know his exact bodyweight hahahaha I can see you now following him around the gym always by chance using the equipment next to him forming mental images for yoiu to go home and beat your meat to hahahahaha gayer than an Elton John vs. Richard Simmons lube wrestling match

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2006, 12:24:27 PM »
OK "playboy" hahaha now you know his exact bodyweight hahahaha I can see you now following him around the gym always by chance using the equipment next to him forming mental images for yoiu to go home and beat your meat to hahahahaha gayer than an Elton John vs. Richard Simmons lube wrestling match
You're a retard. As if you know his shit, right? Go hang out with him then so you can discuss how cool it is to place dead last in shows and be the laughing stock of bbdg. Then you can begin to discuss the alien growing out of your guts and after you can preach about how you can bench 765 on an incline bar, but TURN down every challenge thrown your way.

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2006, 12:40:21 PM »
You're a retard. As if you know his shit, right? Go hang out with him then so you can discuss how cool it is to place dead last in shows and be the laughing stock of bbdg. Then you can begin to discuss the alien growing out of your guts and after you can preach about how you can bench 765 on an incline bar, but TURN down every challenge thrown your way.

hahahahah animal jealousy hahahahaha the best part is we all know you wouldn't dare say a thing to his face you probably get butterflies in your bread basket just to say "hello Mr. Kovacs" as he walks by and ignores you hahahaha

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2006, 12:45:02 PM »
hahahahah animal jealousy hahahahaha the best part is we all know you wouldn't dare say a thing to his face you probably get butterflies in your bread basket just to say "hello Mr. Kovacs" as he walks by and ignores you hahahaha
"Mr.Kovacs" ??? ??? ??? Now that's funny  ;D. Oh i'm extremely jealous. I wish I could place dead last in shows, have false strength claims and a belly that hangs to the floor. What was I thinking?

Bossa

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2006, 12:57:04 PM »
"Mr.Kovacs" ??? ??? ??? Now that's funny  ;D. Oh i'm extremely jealous. I wish I could place dead last in shows, have false strength claims and a belly that hangs to the floor. What was I thinking?

HAHAHAHA ok "Playboy" oh brother monster unwarrented hatred

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2006, 12:59:55 PM »
HAHAHAHA ok "Playboy" oh brother monster unwarrented hatred
Just fax brother. Nothing personal to anyone.  ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2006, 01:03:23 PM »
Just fax brother. Nothing personal to anyone.  ;D
Just facts brother...nothing personal to anyone ;D

merf2305

• Getbig I
« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2006, 05:22:42 PM »
http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/gregkovacs

This guy is literally a wall of shredded muscle at around 6'2 and 400 pounds in the offseason.

I agree.  He is quite a massive man in person---the largest I have ever met, and his hands were so big one of them could literally crush both of mine in a handshake.  He looked much healthier and more good looking before the effects of GH.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2006, 05:53:18 PM »
he should have done Strongman or Powerlifting - if he trained for either he could have done much better. Bodybuilding was just a misguided dream

Doublemonk

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2006, 06:07:54 PM »

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2006, 06:31:00 PM »
Definatley! I seen a vid of him Incline pressing with a barbell once...I think it was 495 for 10 or something like that. Super strong dude.
bodybuildersreality.com

mrsirjojo

• Getbig II
  • Si vis pacem, Para bellum.
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2006, 02:09:59 PM »
Definatley! I seen a vid of him Incline pressing with a barbell once...I think it was 495 for 10 or something like that. Super strong dude.

No wonder. He claimed to be eating 15,000 calories a day at one point. Anyone else find this laughable?

&search=kovacs

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2006, 06:33:51 PM »
No wonder. He claimed to be eating 15,000 calories a day at one point. Anyone else find this laughable?

&search=kovacs

Not really - as I said earlier, Jumbo Polumbo spent some time at his house when Kovacs was over 400 lbs. He ate constantly and had his wife bring him his food rather than get off the couch to get it himself. Someone 400 lbs has to eat a shit load just to maintain the weight.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2006, 05:37:40 PM »
One ton for 20 reps baby " lightweight "

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2006, 05:39:03 PM »
585 for inclines !!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2006, 06:29:02 PM »
 Greg Kovacs=Rickson Gracie

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2006, 07:38:12 PM »
Greg Kovacs=Rickson Gracie

Good analogy !!

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2006, 11:28:59 PM »
Good analogy !!

one of the best analogies ever.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2006, 11:59:52 PM »
I don't understand why Greg didnt go into World's Strongest Man if he's so strong?  His physique has all the aesthetic appeal of a hospital waiting room, and besides there is probably better sponsorship money for WSM given that it has a tv contract with ESPN.

I agree. What a waste of his talents. He could have played football even. His food addiction would have gave him an advantage for strength sports.
X