Author Topic: Favorite BB magazine?  (Read 3615 times)

YearsGoneBy

• Getbig II
Favorite BB magazine?
« on: February 28, 2006, 07:58:52 AM »
I think that mine is IronMan.

littleguns

• Getbig V
Re: Favorite BB magazine?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 08:25:41 AM »
It's hard to say...I guess it is whomever has the least amouont of advertisements for the month....

I like Muscular Development as it has pretty pictures.....

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 08:30:56 AM »
Muscular Development... for all the trash talking between Lee and Chris C, plus it has good black and whites....
L

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 09:16:57 AM »
Flex only. I can't afford to buy more than one mag and flex seems to be at the forefront of pro bodybuilding.

I buy it for the inspiring pictures and the interesting articles and talk from the pro's. That's about it.

It's true it has way too much advertisements and bullshit training and nutritional advice that contradicts itself over and over(Alot like bodybuilding.com)

Slick Vic

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 09:33:29 AM »
I, myself, will go with Flex.... followed by MD.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 09:52:06 AM »
I've been reading flex since 1998. eventhough it's not considered an hardcore magazine compared to the others. flex is the classiest mag outhere.
Get Big, or Die Trying

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 10:22:20 AM »
In the Closet
$

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 10:27:25 AM »
I WOULD HAVE TO SAY MUSCLE AN FITNESS

Drij

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 10:31:48 AM »
MD since Jan 02, it's gone down hill everything seem very repetitive and unfresh. Great photography but need better articles (nutrition/steroids) and as we know to many ads. Agree with Karl Kox.

THOSE AT MD:
Yes, your covers are good.  But your magazine as of late has sucked, so much so that I no longer buy it.  It's time to go back to what worked...bring back the girls, cut down on the useless articles on crap nobody reads and get your edge back.  Who cares if the mag is bigger if it's full of uninteresting articles? 
Your mag used to be fun to read, and was distinct.  But now it's bland and boring.  Per Bernal is awesome, however.  Your contest coverage is good except for the blatent bias to MD athletes. 

agree completely.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 11:20:13 AM »
Commenting about steroids would be great. They could do it the way some of these websites do(Purely for educational purposes and not condoning the use of illegal drugs) to avoid any legal problems being protected by the 1st amendment. I'd love to see flex dealing with news about steroids,What types there are..basically educating the public about steroids.

Robert E. Lee

• Getbig II
  • The South Shall Rise Again!
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 11:33:49 AM »
After reading FLEX for about two years, I got "Weider'd" out.  MD is the only real mag out there.
The General

FitChic78

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 11:36:29 AM »
I have to agree with those fans of Flex and M&F. I am subscribed to both and find that either one has very interesting and useful insights. In comparison though, I have to say that I find M&D stuffed with more information awhen it comes to nutrition and training where is Flex tends to have an ad or some other commercial every 3rd page. Gets a bit annoying after you turn a page and see the same ad about the same damn supp that they've already talked about zillion times before...

kaylos

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006, 01:10:18 PM »
Except some beautiful shots, Flex won't learn you anything about BBing.
"XXX got his fabulous chest with protein YYY"
"ZZZ got his fantastic mass with the following training..."
Who can believe these jokes ?

Drij

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2006, 01:31:52 PM »
I have to agree with those fans of Flex and M&F. I am subscribed to both and find that either one has very interesting and useful insights. In comparison though, I have to say that I find M&D stuffed with more information awhen it comes to nutrition and training where is Flex tends to have an ad or some other commercial every 3rd page. Gets a bit annoying after you turn a page and see the same ad about the same damn supp that they've already talked about zillion times before...

i haven't read flex or M&F for years but I don't think MD has very many nutrition artcles talks lots about fatloss but nothing really ground breaking not to say that there is anything new in nutrition to report about but I can always go to bb.com. They should print more about mass gaining diets and proper nutrition. One thing I hated about weider mags was the contunued on pg 289 etc why didn't they jsut complete the article. MD is packed with ads to.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2006, 01:35:59 PM »

All of them are watered down and pretty substandard now.

I don't buy any of them, but occasionally I'll look at them when I'm in a store.  They aren't even worth the $5.00 purchase price.  Any information you see in there you can find online, without the ads.

If you know people, you can go straight to the source for AAS info, supplement info, etc.

You don't need magazines.....

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

FitChic78

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2006, 01:54:16 PM »
i haven't read flex or M&F for years but I don't think MD has very many nutrition artcles talks lots about fatloss but nothing really ground breaking not to say that there is anything new in nutrition to report about but I can always go to bb.com. They should print more about mass gaining diets and proper nutrition. One thing I hated about weider mags was the contunued on pg 289 etc why didn't they jsut complete the article. MD is packed with ads to.
sorry Drij, I meant to say M&F and not M&D that I believe has more BB related info in comparison to Flex. Never read MD, so can't comment on that...

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2006, 05:58:24 PM »
Muscle & Fitness is less "hardcore" physique wise. I.E. it has less pictures of the freaky mass monsters and more pictures of the homosexual looking 180lb guys with "beach bods" and model looks. Guys like Ronnie,Gunter,Cutler,Ruehl are in there alot less often than they are in FLEX.