Author Topic: Cruz's Dad: Northeastern Catholics, Jews Put Being Dems Above Religion  (Read 332 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Rafael Cruz, Sen. Ted Cruz's (R-TX) father, on Saturday said that northeastern Jews and Catholics put their allegiance to the Democratic Party ahead of their religion.

"Unfortunately, in the northeast, the Jews are Democrats first and Jews second," he said at an event on Saturday held by the Palm Beach County Tea Party. "This is what has happened to a great many in the Catholic church. They are Democrats first and Catholics second."

Rafael Cruz said that Americans "need to put principle above tradition."

"There are people voting Democrat because, 'My grandfather or my father voted Democrat.’ Let me tell you something. The Democratic party today is not the Democratic party of John Kennedy. John Kennedy would be a Republican today," he said.

He made the comments in response to a remark from an audience member lamenting that leaders in the Catholic church have not helped the Republican cause. The comments were flagged by the Democratic group American Bridge.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/rafael-cruz-jews-catholics-democrats

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
CRUZ: IT’S EASY FOR THE RICH TO SUPPORT GUN CONTROL

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) argued “it’s easy…for people with a whole lot of money to support gun control. Because you can live in fancy neighborhoods, you can pay taxes and have the police protect you” in an interview with PBS’ Tavis Smiley on Tuesday.

The interview began with Smiley asking Cruz about an earlier joke he made that gun control is “hitting what you aim at” according to Texans and Iowans after the shooting in Charleston, South Carolina. Cruz said that he believes the shooting in Charleston was a “horrific,” carried out by a “sick, deranged man” with a “level of evil that is difficult to comprehend.” He continued that the shooting shouldn’t be politicized, but rather should be an opportunity for unity.

Smiley then asked Cruz about his opposition to gun control, to which Cruz responded that violent criminals should be targeted, while the 2nd Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens should be protected. He added, “You know, it’s easy, by the way, for people with a whole lot of money to support gun control. Because you can live in fancy neighborhoods, you can pay taxes and have the police protect you. But if you’re a single mom living in Anacostia, if you’re taking the subway late at night, if you’ve got, tragically, a crack house down the street, and you’re thinking about protecting your kids, 2nd Amendment rights are something real and personal about the right to keep your family safe.”

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
CRUZ: IT’S EASY FOR THE RICH TO SUPPORT GUN CONTROL

Cruz is 100% right. 

BUT he supports background checks on people that want guns around him, as we saw earlier this month.  He's rich.  He doesn't support background checks on everyone else though.  He should make up his mind.  He'll still get my vote, but I don't like him playing both positions here.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
Rafael Cruz, Sen. Ted Cruz's (R-TX) father, on Saturday said that northeastern Jews and Catholics put their allegiance to the Democratic Party ahead of their religion.

"Unfortunately, in the northeast, the Jews are Democrats first and Jews second," he said at an event on Saturday held by the Palm Beach County Tea Party. "This is what has happened to a great many in the Catholic church. They are Democrats first and Catholics second."

Rafael Cruz said that Americans "need to put principle above tradition."

"There are people voting Democrat because, 'My grandfather or my father voted Democrat.’ Let me tell you something. The Democratic party today is not the Democratic party of John Kennedy. John Kennedy would be a Republican today," he said.

He made the comments in response to a remark from an audience member lamenting that leaders in the Catholic church have not helped the Republican cause. The comments were flagged by the Democratic group American Bridge.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/rafael-cruz-jews-catholics-democrats

What position is Rafael Cruz running for, so that I can decide whether to give a damn?