Author Topic: Add "Nature Boy" Buddy Landell to the list of the deceased.  (Read 52220 times)

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
A

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
Re: Add "Nature Boy" Buddy Landell to the list of the deceased.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 01:11:24 PM »
NO NO

This guy was always a favorite of mine. This sucks, Landell was hilarious indeed, what a character. I remember him wrestling Shawn Michaels for the big Smoky Mountain Wrestling title back in like 1995.

:'(

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 01:22:34 PM »
One of the funniest skits I ever saw in wrestling was nearly 30 years ago when he was wrestling in Bill Watts's old Mid South / UCW promotion.

He was supposed to wrestle a new guy to the promotion named "Brickhouse Brown", who had previously wrestled in the NWA / Georgia promotion.

Landell gets into the ring and goes up to the announcer and the ref and starts complaining in that hick voice about how he's always being "insulted" by having to waste time wrestling "geeks" like Brown. He went on and on, and would periodically stop his rant to tell Brown "Don't eyeball me, Boy!"

Finally, they squared off, and Brown kicked Landell's ass in like 30 seconds and pinned him.

Landell remained in the ring, crying and throwing a fit, telling the announcer and ref that he "wasn't ready", and had been "Pearl Harbored".  ;D

He called Brown out, and Brown came back into the ring, karate kicked him, and pinned him again in like 10 seconds, causing Landell to have a full blown fit in the middle of the ring.  ;D
A

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 07:01:50 AM »
I never really got into this guy....   he always seemed to be a cheap rip off Flair clone.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 04:25:32 PM »
That whole clownish, stumbling, delusional, poor man's Ric Flair parody shtick was his whole appeal IMO.
A