Author Topic: Anybody else hate all these Instagram "physique" competitors?  (Read 4104 times)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
Re: Anybody else hate all these Instagram "physique" competitors?
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2015, 03:21:06 PM »
Yes!

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2015, 03:26:50 PM »
Exactly.  Instead of posing in their bathrooms they'd all be at the beach with 2 gallons of suntan oil on them walking around in ripped jean shorts and rollerblades trying to get the same attention.

Well, now we got these dudes everywhere. I swear a guy tried to get my attention to take his selfie pic on the locker room sometime ago.

I would go back to that era of just dudes on the beach in gay ass jean shorts in a heartbeat!!!
?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2015, 03:28:48 PM »
it's actually free.

As soon as you go to the site those little ads make him money

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2015, 03:41:25 PM »
As soon as you go to the site those little ads make him money

FB ads?
I never click on ads, pure annoyance and another reason I'm logged outta FB. Then you got all your buddies throwing up ads, it just never fuckin ends...

FB actually distances you from your friends as you know everything that's going on, but never need to speak to them. Beh, not my thing and is the biggest reason I cut it out.

Back to the "old fashioned" way of calls and texts I guess! An invite on FB is not a real invite.... But calling or texting me asking to come, I feel it's much more personal, actually feel wanted and will take up the offer. I find it cowerdly even to send invites FB wise, too easy to say "what you didn't know?

It's bullshit, you just sent a mass mail to everyone and I sure as hell don't consider myself part of the masses.

Ever so reflective and sick dude today,
Ritch.
?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2015, 03:44:18 PM »
FB ads?
I never click on ads, pure annoyance and another reason I'm logged outta FB. Then you got all your buddies throwing up ads, it just never fuckin ends...

FB actually distances you from your friends as you know everything that's going on, but never need to speak to them. Beh, not my thing and is the biggest reason I cut it out.

Back to the "old fashioned" way of calls and texts I guess! An invite on FB is not a real invite.... But calling or texting me asking to come, I feel it's much more personal, actually feel wanted and will take up the offer. I find it cowerdly even to send invites FB wise, too easy to say "what you didn't know?

It's bullshit, you just sent a mass mail to everyone and I sure as hell don't consider myself part of the masses.

Ritch.

You don't have to click on the ads.  Facebook scans your search history and posts them and charges for them.  Fuckers are pure evil.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2015, 03:51:15 PM »
You don't have to click on the ads.  Facebook scans your search history and posts them and charges for them.  Fuckers are pure evil.

The FB ad placement machinery is much more complex and worrisome than that. But they are allowed to try to make a buck off of their free service, right?

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2015, 03:53:28 PM »

True. If you go on dating sites, you will have those stupid pop ups forever. They are so lame and fake, hilarious anyone would believe that shit...

What really shits me is the places where if you're to give a review on something they make you click a box which gives them access to all your FB buddies and their info as well.

Like dating sites, DO READ those little paragraphs before you hit the "ok" button!
?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2015, 03:53:40 PM »
The FB ad placement machinery is much more complex and worrisome than that. But they are allowed to try to make a buck off of their free service, right?

yup they are but I don't use it because I don't want to contribute to that assholes pockets.

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2015, 03:55:29 PM »
The days of lifting hard and doing it for the right reasons are long gone. It seems like this new physique category has given every person in my gym the "entitlement" to step on stage with an average physique. Camera phones recording and snapping selfies in front of dumbell racks are a common occurrence. I'm all for individuals competing and pushing themselves, but I hate seeing these people do it for the attention and "Internet glam". Not to mention most of these tools look skinny fat 42 weeks out of the year. Sorry for the rant, just want to get your opinion on the Instagram generation and everyone who lifts thinking that they have a stage ready physique.

I would say the best thing you can do is ignore them. Realize that they aren't a part of your life, and that they're just little pussies who will realize one day that they're small piece of shit if they don't already. Focus on you, and better yourself...When i see people like that and especially if they come up to me and ask me "what i'm taking bro" or "what do you bench" while they're working out near the area that i am it makes me quite angry...I wanna ask "why do you feel so comfortable going up to people and asking questions like that?"

The main thing is if they train hard and look good, i have no problem with their modern adaptations to technology and they deserve to take some pictures here and there as many guys in the 70's would if they had the access to things like snapchat, insta etc. but if they look like swimmers and are wearing "property of gh15" shirts or "animal pak" shirts they need to be put to rest...

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2015, 03:59:30 PM »
I would say the best thing you can do is ignore them. Realize that they aren't a part of your life, and that they're just little pussies who will realize one day that they're small piece of shit if they don't already. Focus on you, and better yourself...When i see people like that and especially if they come up to me and ask me "what i'm taking bro" or "what do you bench" while they're working out near the area that i am it makes me quite angry...I wanna ask "why do you feel so comfortable going up to people and asking questions like that?"

The main thing is if they train hard and look good, i have no problem with their modern adaptations to technology and they deserve to take some pictures here and there as many guys in the 70's would if they had the access to things like snapchat, insta etc. but if they look like swimmers and are wearing "property of gh15" shirts or "animal pak" shirts they need to be put to rest...

I need tips as to how I can ignore 92% of people in life, lol... Or maybe I need to be more forgiving as this shit ain't going nowhere soon.

I just miss the days when you saw someone taking a pic, you knew it was for something special. The more available something becomes, the less value it has and is why I'm just beyond sick of all this shit.

(working as a doorman 6 years will also cause an inner deep hate towards those types of people as well...)
?

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2015, 04:03:13 PM »
I need tips as to how I can ignore 92% of people in life, lol... Or maybe I need to be more forgiving as this shit ain't going nowhere soon.

I just miss the days when you saw someone taking a pic, you knew it was for something special. The more available something becomes, the less value it has and is why I'm just beyond sick of all this shit.

(working as a doorman 6 years will also cause an inner deep hate towards those types of people as well...)

Train early in the morning like i do  ;D 5-6am will def reduce the number of queers and people in general there...At that time it's usually either older fellas before work who have no time to dick around, or other bodybuilders such as yourself.. You have your indifferent person here or there doing their cardio.. But this is generally the case for serious gyms around my area

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2015, 04:17:48 PM »
Train early in the morning like i do  ;D 5-6am will def reduce the number of queers and people in general there...At that time it's usually either older fellas before work who have no time to dick around, or other bodybuilders such as yourself.. You have your indifferent person here or there doing their cardio.. But this is generally the case for serious gyms around my area

you lost me at 5-6 am. I'm a night person and am rarely ever up before 10am. As long as I'm not there for peak hours, it's not too bad even though I complain all the time. but morning or lunch hour does have focused people. Had to open the gym ONCE for 6am and was beyond grouchy and pissed, oh fuck that... To be there for that time means getting up near my bed time.

closing hours are good, but I always end up missing time, (calves, cardio...)
?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2015, 04:26:23 PM »
FB ads?

Ritch.

Great post.

There is NOTHING wrong with Facebook or any other form of social media.
The problem is when they decide to use it to REPLACE talking on the phone and visits in person.

My wife has a younger female friend that gets a lot of guys texting and face-booking her.
She liked that, but was frustrated few wanted to go on real dates and only wanted to text/hook up.

I advised her to limit texting to brief casual contact and tell guys to CALL her on the phone.
She did and she got more dates.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2015, 04:28:47 PM »
The days of lifting hard and doing it for the right reasons are long gone. It seems like this new physique category has given every person in my gym the "entitlement" to step on stage with an average physique. Camera phones recording and snapping selfies in front of dumbell racks are a common occurrence. I'm all for individuals competing and pushing themselves, but I hate seeing these people do it for the attention and "Internet glam". Not to mention most of these tools look skinny fat 42 weeks out of the year. Sorry for the rant, just want to get your opinion on the Instagram generation and everyone who lifts thinking that they have a stage ready physique.

Worse then that, is those who enter internet photo contests.
Do what you want, but what bugs me is how some think it's just like competing in person , on stage.
FYI, it's not.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2015, 04:30:41 PM »
Great post.

There is NOTHING wrong with Facebook or any other form of social media.
The problem is when they decide to use it to REPLACE talking on the phone and visits in person.

My wife has a younger female friend that gets a lot of guys texting and face-booking her.
She liked that, but was frustrated few wanted to go on real dates and only wanted to text/hook up.

I advised her to limit texting to brief casual contact and tell then to CALL her on the phone.
She did and she got more dates.

what's really stupid (and no, i'm not jealous...) are couples who converse on FB. Why???

But of course most guys don't see FB as some serious place to meet girls. I think 2-3 days is the longest I'd chat before needing to talk and if they can't meet up in a week, I move on unless it's something already planned and I believe what they're telling me.
?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2015, 04:56:33 PM »
what's really stupid (and no, i'm not jealous...) are couples who converse on FB. Why???

But of course most guys don't see FB as some serious place to meet girls. I think 2-3 days is the longest I'd chat before needing to talk and if they can't meet up in a week, I move on unless it's something already planned and I believe what they're telling me.

Social media and texting is great for younger guys looking to just hook up.

Talking on the phone and making real dates helps promote relationships

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2015, 04:57:55 PM »
Social media and texting is great for younger guys looking to just hook up.

Talking on the phone and making real dates helps promote relationships

key word, lol!
?