Author Topic: Anybody else hate all these Instagram "physique" competitors?  (Read 4105 times)

MichaelScottDM

• Getbig III
  • I did save a life today! My own!
The days of lifting hard and doing it for the right reasons are long gone. It seems like this new physique category has given every person in my gym the "entitlement" to step on stage with an average physique. Camera phones recording and snapping selfies in front of dumbell racks are a common occurrence. I'm all for individuals competing and pushing themselves, but I hate seeing these people do it for the attention and "Internet glam". Not to mention most of these tools look skinny fat 42 weeks out of the year. Sorry for the rant, just want to get your opinion on the Instagram generation and everyone who lifts thinking that they have a stage ready physique.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
Re: Anybody else hate all these Instagram "physique" competitors?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 11:15:05 AM »
Instagram ???? Hahahahahahaha

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 11:17:09 AM »

If they want to take pics while posing with a white towel in the sauna, it doesn't effect me.
BUT getting on stage in a bodybuilding meet does have a direct effect on bodybuilding contests.

In my opinion, the sanctioning bodies for BB contests literally sold out bodybuilding when they added bikini and MPD. That was the one place where bodybuilders were the main thing and the focus was on them.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 11:28:38 AM »
The days of lifting hard and doing it for the right reasons are long gone. It seems like this new physique category has given every person in my gym the "entitlement" to step on stage with an average physique. Camera phones recording and snapping selfies in front of dumbell racks are a common occurrence. I'm all for individuals competing and pushing themselves, but I hate seeing these people do it for the attention and "Internet glam". Not to mention most of these tools look skinny fat 42 weeks out of the year. Sorry for the rant, just want to get your opinion on the Instagram generation and everyone who lifts thinking that they have a stage ready physique.

If you hate seeing it, stop looking at it on the internet.  I never see any of these fags because I don't go to where they post pics.

But don't fret about physique - there's still enough turnip thighed thong laden warriors out there for you to ogle.
Y

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 11:31:40 AM »
If they want to take pics while posing with a white towel in the sauna, it doesn't effect me.
BUT getting on stage in a bodybuilding meet does have a direct effect on bodybuilding contests.

In my opinion, the sanctioning bodies for BB contests literally sold out bodybuilding when they added bikini and MPD. That was the one place where bodybuilders were the main thing and the focus was on them.

Yeh, they seen nothing but $... On the positive side, id say a huge % of young men are now into training , I was just on holiday in Cyprus and almost every Brit bloke under 40 had a gym physique, shame our girls are such fat lazy pigs...

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 11:37:39 AM »
you referring to Navy_MIKE ???

Yanin

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 12:12:32 PM »
You are about 2 years too late for this rant.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 12:22:56 PM »
Between phyisque and crossfit this is the closest  we will ever see bobybuilding as mainstream.

I have no idea what the physique criteria  is though, there are dudes at my gym in great shape who place poorly and guys who are lean and less muscular  who do better.

MichaelScottDM

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2015, 12:23:12 PM »
You are about 2 years too late for this rant.

I live in a very rural sheltered area. Kids here think that camo jackets are cool.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2015, 12:25:29 PM »
I don't give a damn, I make money instead. (most of these narcissistic homos are jobless and 15mins of fame fade away pretty fast, what's left is a drug addict with no money. I'm at least a wealthy drug addict)

Azzaro

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2015, 12:25:45 PM »

MichaelScottDM

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2015, 12:25:56 PM »
I think my original hatred is people "training" for a few years and then "winning" a physique pro card but having a physique most of the year that looks like said individual doesn't even workout. Seriously wtf?!

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2015, 12:42:48 PM »
But don't fret about physique - there's still enough turnip thighed thong laden warriors out there for you to ogle.

lmao

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2015, 12:49:36 PM »
Yeh, they seen nothing but $... On the positive side, id say a huge % of young men are now into training , I was just on holiday in Cyprus and almost every Brit bloke under 40 had a gym physique, shame our girls are such fat lazy pigs...

True but all these young guys are jumping on steroids with no base training ever. Most kids I see at the gym they are all on steroids before picking up a weight

It's a generation of quick gains and wanting everything immediately, no patience, no foundation

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2015, 12:51:41 PM »
Everybody's so pissed that dudes are hopping on gear with no "base" and "cheating" to get their physique. I am pissed that I wasted 30 years trying to train #AllNattyBro. What a fucking waste of time that was.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2015, 12:53:48 PM »
Everybody's so pissed that dudes are hopping on gear with no "base" and "cheating" to get their physique. I am pissed that I wasted 30 years trying to train #AllNattyBro. What a fucking waste of time that was.

I think the truth lies in the middle. But yeah, been telling myself something along the lines of what you're saying here. Was always saying "one more year, one more year" turned out to be a lifetime.

But... I can also look good on very little use, not so sure those guys can pull that off having built themselves on gear from scratch.
?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2015, 01:15:16 PM »
Well don't be a fag and use instagram.  Problem solved.  I stay away from all this Jewish Eisenberg shit.  Fuck that asshole and facebook and shit.  Not going to give him one single penny from me.

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2015, 01:21:10 PM »
It's not like these douchebags didn't exist in the 90s.  They just have high tech camera phones now.

I ETA PI

• Getbig III
  • TAPPA KEGGA BREW!
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2015, 01:54:08 PM »
Yes.

I spend about three hours a day searching for their instagram pics and another 2-3 hours hating them for it.

Haven't bumped it up to posting about it on here, but that's probably the next step

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2015, 02:10:02 PM »
Still appears to be the case. #NoResults

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2015, 02:11:41 PM »

Thanks broski!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2015, 02:15:53 PM »
It's not like these douchebags didn't exist in the 90s.  They just have high tech camera phones now.

Exactly.  Instead of posing in their bathrooms they'd all be at the beach with 2 gallons of suntan oil on them walking around in ripped jean shorts and rollerblades trying to get the same attention.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2015, 02:43:00 PM »
Well don't be a fag and use instagram.  Problem solved.  I stay away from all this Jewish Eisenberg shit.  Fuck that asshole and facebook and shit.  Not going to give him one single penny from me.

it's actually free.
?

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2015, 03:16:47 PM »

Hahaha ;D