Author Topic: Can't get cut...WTF?!?  (Read 1808 times)

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
Can't get cut...WTF?!?
« on: February 28, 2006, 01:24:47 PM »
I'm 5'10" about 185lbs at about 12% body fat.  I lift heavy 5 days a week with 2 or 3 days of 20-30 minutes of intense cardio.  I take a 2 caps of Lipo-6 twice a day.  I eat a diet that's high protein, low fat, and medium carbs.  This is my cutting routine so far and the results are mediocre at best... any suggestions???  Maintaining muscle is a priority.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
Re: Can't get cut...WTF?!?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 01:29:29 PM »
Aim for 10-12 calories per pound of bodyweight (1850-2220 in your case). Take in at least 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight. I use this free site to monitor my calories www.fitday.com

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 07:23:51 PM »
with 2 or 3 days of 20-30 minutes of intense cardio. 
I'd avoid the "intense" ~ opt for intervals or steady state (75%)
:

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 08:13:06 PM »
I'm 5'10" about 185lbs at about 12% body fat.  I lift heavy 5 days a week with 2 or 3 days of 20-30 minutes of intense cardio.  I take a 2 caps of Lipo-6 twice a day.  I eat a diet that's high protein, low fat, and medium carbs.  This is my cutting routine so far and the results are mediocre at best... any suggestions???  Maintaining muscle is a priority.

Bump cardio up more, 5x wk would be more like it. "PL" is right, more moderate intensity and I'd keep the time at say 30min to start.

Concerning your diet, try switching things up a little. Keep protein high, carbs moderately low, and raise fat intake, by means of "healthy" fats. You also might try carb cycling, this is one of my favorite ways to lean up. 4 days wk low carb, moderate fat...2 days wk extremely low carb, higher fat... 1x wk high carb, very low fat...protein remains the same each day. This is not an exact science, everyone’s body will react slightly different, but mess around with it until you find a comfortable pattern.

gdavidx28

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 03:41:27 PM »
I would recommend 2 grams of protein per pound. What kind of carbs and when are u eating carbs?

IronGame

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 03:55:33 PM »
I agree about the cardio.  I get my best results from just walking on a treadmill (or eliptical trainer), at a very moderate pace for a longer period of time (45 min) 3-4x per week.  Also, I used a heart rate monitor to stay in the aerobic zone.

Also, I have always got great results from the old standby "caffeine, ephedrine, and aspirin" stack.  I never tried any of the over the counter "fat burners", so I can't speak about that.
white belt for life

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 04:49:04 PM »
First off thanks for the awesome site Barracho.  Definitely started using it.
I have gotten good results before from shit like ripped fuel and lipo so I'm stickin with it for now. 
As for the cardio.. I usually do about 20-25 minutes of running at an incline.  Only reason I don't do lower intensity for longer periods is that I'm in the service so time is a factor so I'm always sqeezing my cardio in my schedule somewhere.  I'm also trying to get my PRT run under 10 minutes.
My carbs are mostly from oatmeal, whole wheat bread, and sometimes pasta if it's with my meat (protein).