Author Topic: What is your net worth?  (Read 17729 times)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: What is your net worth?
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2015, 06:40:07 AM »
Africa is beautiful...as long that you visit places far away from Africans.

Yes, my parents were and still are big fans of Cape Town. Never actually made it any further south than Zim.

gettingbetter

• Getbig III
  • Fuck Yeah!
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2015, 07:23:03 AM »
Not much by getbig standard but mortage is paid and I have no debts remaining...

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2015, 07:34:19 AM »
Not much by getbig standard but mortage is paid and I have no debts remaining...

Deosnt get much better than that

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2015, 08:13:44 AM »
I've paid off about 50% of my mortgage.  I own a small condo i purchased in college that i rent out that makes me a few hundred a month.  My family has land in central Texas that isn't worth a lot, but i own about 20% (120 acres was given to me by my grandfather when he died).  Probably build a weekend house out there one day, it's old farm land that they still run cattle on.  Not much use for the land other than that.  A halfway healthy 401k and various small investments.

I'd like to retire around 55.  No wife or kids.

My problem is i like to travel, so i have to balance that out because it gets expensive fast.  Just got back for 16 days in Germany.

8)

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2015, 08:53:44 AM »
I've paid off about 50% of my mortgage.  I own a small condo i purchased in college that i rent out that makes me a few hundred a month.  My family has land in central Texas that isn't worth a lot, but i own about 20% (120 acres was given to me by my grandfather when he died).  Probably build a weekend house out there one day, it's old farm land that they still run cattle on.  Not much use for the land other than that.  A halfway healthy 401k and various small investments.

I'd like to retire around 55.  No wife or kids.

My problem is i like to travel, so i have to balance that out because it gets expensive fast.  Just got back for 16 days in Germany.

8)
do you plan to start a family when retired?

pissant

• Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2015, 08:55:07 AM »
-250k  lol....just bought a house. Thank the hebrews for debt!

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2015, 01:50:27 PM »
have you considered buying some (corporate) bonds? Your stock as percentage of your total wealth, is quite high and thus maybe also a bit risky.

Right now, I'm personally about 40% long on stocks / calls, about 20% short stock & long on puts, about 15% long commodities (gold, crude, silver, etc), a little over 20% cash, and about 5% (or less) bonds / debt...

The main reason I don't have much in bonds / debt right now is because existing bonds will likely get hammered when rates go up. And since I'm probably a long way from needing the income from bonds, I'd rather keep most of my money in equities for growth in general anyway.

Most of what little debt I have right now is higher yielding mildly distressed corporate and emerging markets debt that I bought at discounts, and a little local tax-free muni debt paying a nice coupon.

I also dipped my nose in a little short term Puerto Rican debt a while back that is insured, luckily.  ;)

THIS is a receipt that actually impresses me... http://nypost.com/2011/06/30/atm-receipt-showing-astounding-100m-balance-left-at-hamptons-bank/
A

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2015, 02:02:10 PM »
Some urine, a pot, but no window.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2015, 02:03:53 PM »
Africa is beautiful...as long that you visit places far away from Africans.

Belgian Kongo was great place under King Leopold chopping off hands rules .............

AlphaGyno

• Getbig II
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2015, 08:00:50 PM »
Let's just say I make enough money to eat 4 chicken breasts... A DAY

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2015, 08:59:37 PM »
I'm worth a comfortable 8k.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2015, 09:07:26 PM »
I'm worth a comfortable 8k.

Gross or net?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2015, 09:33:03 PM »
Gross or net?

Net...it's real deal money

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2015, 10:24:39 PM »
Net...it's real deal money

Eight. Thousand. Doughnuts.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2015, 03:35:03 AM »
I am seriously thinking to rebuild The Bergoff for Club the Madrid members only  8)

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2015, 04:21:34 AM »
I used to do stupid shit like that, and think it was cool. You'll grow out of it.

Lol so true

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2015, 04:28:21 AM »
Right now, I'm personally about 40% long on stocks / calls, about 20% short stock & long on puts, about 15% long commodities (gold, crude, silver, etc), a little over 20% cash, and about 5% (or less) bonds / debt...

The main reason I don't have much in bonds / debt right now is because existing bonds will likely get hammered when rates go up. And since I'm probably a long way from needing the income from bonds, I'd rather keep most of my money in equities for growth in general anyway.

Most of what little debt I have right now is higher yielding mildly distressed corporate and emerging markets debt that I bought at discounts, and a little local tax-free muni debt paying a nice coupon.

I also dipped my nose in a little short term Puerto Rican debt a while back that is insured, luckily.  ;)

THIS is a receipt that actually impresses me... http://nypost.com/2011/06/30/atm-receipt-showing-astounding-100m-balance-left-at-hamptons-bank/

Do you invest in mutual funds? About 80 percent of my wealth is tied into about 6 different funds at the moment.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2015, 10:53:48 AM »

Do you invest in mutual funds? About 80 percent of my wealth is tied into about 6 different funds at the moment.

Smart. Mutual funds are great long term.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2015, 12:43:20 PM »
Let's just say if I put the real amount the majority of you nuts will say I'm lying.  So I'll just say it's somewhere between $1 and $10 million dollars.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2015, 02:29:33 PM »

Yes, in my more conservative retirement accounts.

My taxable accounts are more aggressive and more active and pretty much anything goes.

I also manage about $100 mil for a handful of wealthy clients - been an IA for over a decade. Went independent about a half dozen years ago.
A

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2015, 02:42:05 PM »
Let's just say if I put the real amount the majority of you nuts will say I'm lying.  So I'll just say it's somewhere between $1 and $10 million dollars.

I believe you. Those who act like it's impossible for someone to become a millionaire or multi-millionaire after years of working hard and smart, saving a good chunk of their earnings, and investing most of their savings wisely are those who are very young, don't understand personal finance, and who are probably marginally employed or spend too much money (or some combination of all of these).

$1 mil USD really isn't all that much money these days. It basically provides one pretty high probability of a lower middle class existence for life in most regions of the US if they pay off pretty much all debt and stop working. Ten million gives one far more freedom and a much higher standard of living for life as long as they don't get stupid.
A

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2015, 02:51:29 PM »
2Thick.  I bought PA the GREK etf this week.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
A

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2015, 03:08:08 PM »
Reply # 70 wraps it up fairly good. One million in income producing assets along with either a safe pension or SSI will provide you a lower middle income retirement from lets say 65 until death at lets say 85. If you don't have that you will be poor...period. Either living in hillbilly heaven trailer park or back in the ghetto with family all jammed into a tiny space. Food stamps and government handouts will be your life line.

Then the big "if". If we do not have an all out war, viral pandemic, collapse of the dollar, or cyber attack on our electrical grid...each of which will have you scavenging the woods for walnuts, seeds, small critters, bird eggs and grubs. Then you will be elbow to elbow fighting for bare sustenance with the celebrities, politicians and billionaires who do not have a productive food garden on their estate. Think about it...no electricity to pump your water, pump your gas, pump fuel for supermarket delivery trucks or light you home. No food for Fido or Kitty. They will become tomorrows dinner. Then NEVER look like you have stock piled food or water unless you are willing to shoot your neighbors who are trying to bust in your front door.

Chit...I just scared myself! My next million will be for army rations, water storage and bullets.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2015, 03:13:08 PM »
If you've got a million invested wisely mostly or entirely in some good corporate and muni bonds, and maybe a little in some solid high-dividend stocks, perhaps a few bucks in a good paying REIT, etc - you should expect to earn somewhere between $40-50k a year for life without having to dig into your principal... at least statistically speaking.
A