Author Topic: Vince Taylor at his last pro show.  (Read 7679 times)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Vince Taylor at his last pro show.
« on: February 28, 2006, 02:56:37 PM »
2002 Masters Olympia Contest
My computer got buggy so I only have pictures of Vince and Don Youngblood for now:

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/mastersolympia2002/

The judges wanted Vince out that year.  He was crying racism everywhere he went and I don't think the white judges liked him very much.  First place could have easily gone to Don Youngblood or Geir Borgan Paulsen.  Vince was 46 at the time of the contest and Don was 48.  Geir Borgan Paulsen was 45.

Youngblood beat Vince on hardness and fullness.   :o

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
Re: Vince Taylor at his last pro show.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 03:06:27 PM »
I think taylor should have took it, he just looks so much better and pleasing to the eye, who cares if hes not vascular enough but youngblood is much fuller (in the stomach).
I

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 03:26:51 PM »
Apples and oranges I guess.  Don Youngblood's conditioning impressed me more than Vince Taylor's balance and shape did.

Geir Borgan Paulsen was equally impressive though.  I would have put Vince in third personally.

Stavios

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 03:42:05 PM »
I usually agree with a lot of your comments matt, but certainly not this one as Vince is on of my favorite BBer of all time. His lines and proportions kill those 2 guys. Yea they were harder but I don't think hardness alone can win show.
I mean look at Don's midsection, that kill his physique

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 03:44:13 PM »
Taylor's arms have to be in shape some of the best well rounded in the sport,delts and calves too.

flexfan

• Getbig IV
  • Venice Versmilitude
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 06:34:42 PM »
I guess you might say I was just completely floored by Don's conditioning - especially for a 48 year old man who came seemingly out of nowhere.  Geir Borgan Paulsen was also impressive in that his 45 year old physique still looked good enough to place well in an open second tier show.
Maybe it's that my expectations of Vince were higher so it made it harder to please me.

Palumbo also has great conditioning, but his overall physique sucks. Hence, conditioning doesn't count for much when you are suffering from Palumbism.
Sultan

lastrep

• Getbig III
  • One Last Rep!
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 07:00:50 PM »
Youngblood had nothing even comparable to Taylor in terms of shape, lines and symmetry. I don't blame Vince 1 minute for leaving the sport after such horse $hit.

SwingGuru

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 07:28:28 PM »
I usually agree with a lot of your comments matt, but certainly not this one as Vince is on of my favorite BBer of all time. His lines and proportions kill those 2 guys. Yea they were harder but I don't think hardness alone can win show.
I mean look at Don's midsection, that kill his physique
Agree 100 percent.  They aren't even in the same league.  Youngblood's site injected overblown shoulders, weak chest, etc, etc.  I still never understood the outcome of that event.

Sean-DeMarco

• Getbig III
  • "A year from now, you'll wish you started today."
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 07:56:28 PM »
2002 Masters Olympia Contest
My computer got buggy so I only have pictures of Vince and Don Youngblood for now:
http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/mastersolympia2002/
The judges wanted Vince out that year.  He was crying racism everywhere he went and I don't think the white judges liked him very much.  First place could have easily gone to Don Youngblood or Geir Borgan Paulsen.  Vince was 46 at the time of the contest and Don was 48.  Geir Borgan Paulsen was 45.

Youngblood beat Vince on hardness and fullness.   :o

...Sorry son, I don't see where Youngblood should have beaten Vince. And as far as him crying racism....      ::).
~Sean-DeMarco

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2006, 08:02:37 PM »
Love Youngblood, but he was not the best man on stage that day... I mean WTF ... that decision makes NO sense... Taylor beats him ...EVERYWHERE!!! maybe except calves but that about it ...I smell Aussie 2005 type judgin ...
L

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006, 08:03:52 PM »
i gotta give that one to vince.............

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 09:29:38 PM »
Yeah, but I don't think Youngblood looked all that bad structure wise.  Not as good as Taylor, but not as bad as Palumbo either.  Just my opinion of course.  Youngblood impressed me at that show.
http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/donyoungblood

You should have seen the look on Vince's face when Youngblood won - sheer disgust.  I will have to get a screencap of that up soon.
Dude, I don't know who that guy is, but I think he'll be a force to reckon with at the 2006 Mr. BodyWentLympia.

Special "Shallow Be Thy Name" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006, 09:34:49 PM »
Dude, I don't know who that guy is, but I think he'll be a force to reckon with at the 2006 Mr. BodyWentLympia.
Special "Shallow Be Thy Name" Ed

He's deceased.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/youngbloodrip.htm

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2006, 12:49:27 AM »
I was there and although i thought Don and Vince were great people, Vince had him beat by far...i'm not sure about the whole racism comment, i do know there was something going on there with Vince...yes, he was totally surprised and disgusted winning 2nd place, but he had all the reason too in my opinion.

Lisa

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2006, 01:00:54 AM »
Love Youngblood, but he was not the best man on stage that day... I mean WTF ... that decision makes NO sense... Taylor beats him ...EVERYWHERE!!! maybe except calves but that about it ...I smell Aussie 2005 type judgin ...

If I'm not mistaken Vince had some of the best calves in the business, so I'll say he beats him at that too.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2006, 01:09:43 AM »
Youngblood is a lot skinnier these days. :P
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2006, 01:57:23 AM »
low blow!

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2006, 12:20:05 PM »
Dude, that guy's arms are almost as weak as Derik Farnsworths!

Special "Dead Horse Beater" Ed
BigNationRadio.com

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2006, 01:53:09 PM »

But Taylor didn't beat him in conditioning and that's probably what the judges used as justification.

And say what you will about Youngblood - the top three was a toss up in my opinion and I was still more impressed with Youngblood - possibly because I admired how humble and respectful he was as a person (given that he was a millionaire and a great family man).  Plus I had high expectations of Taylor and he didn't seem to have the best attitude.  He just felt he could show up at the masters, do the same posing routine he always does, and walk up with a $10,000 paycheck.

As for Geir Borgan Paulsen, I think a very good argument can be made that he should have been first if someone wanted to take that standpoint.  He outsized everyone on stage and was in the same condition as Taylor.  His shape may not have been at the same level as Taylor, but he certainly wasn't riddled with structural flaws either.

Stavios

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2006, 02:16:13 PM »

That was so wrong...
not funny at all

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2006, 02:19:03 PM »
That was so wrong...
not funny at all

I agree.  I have a lot of respect for Don Youngblood's accomplishments, both as a person and as a bodybuilder.  I'm usually pretty liberal about what people say, but I just didn't find the comment all that funny.  Nothing wrong with humour in poor taste in my opinion, as long as it's funny.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2006, 02:36:50 PM »
Matt, you got any screencaps of Graneheim?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2006, 02:41:18 PM »
Matt, you got any screencaps of Graneheim?
YIP
Zack

I'll get those for you tonight Zack.  Heading to the gym now.  Cheers.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2006, 07:17:03 PM »
A lot of those guys looked better than Youngblood there, specialy Taylor.
If he competes at the Master World and he looks like that then Sorry Bob.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2006, 03:40:46 AM »

Great screencaps Matt.

Granis looked good, but somewhat depleted. Extreme sweep in the quads and the symmetry is awesome.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise