Author Topic: Ted Cruz: ‘I Salute Donald Trump’ for Speaking Out on Immigration  (Read 2751 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V

Slowly but surely, some of Donald Trump‘s Republican rivals have come out to condemn his remarks about Mexican immigrant rapists and criminals. George Pataki got the ball rolling this week, and criticisms by Rick Perry, Marco Rubio, and others followed.

But Ted Cruz––who defended Trump earlier this week––is still praising him. In a Meet the Press preview clip out tonight, Cruz told Chuck Todd,”I like Donald Trump. He’s bold, he’s brash.”

He refused to get caught in a bout of Republican infighting. When Todd asked him if “rhetoric matters,” Cruz said, “I salute Donald Trump for focusing on the need to address illegal immigration. The Washington cartel doesn’t want to address that.”

Cruz did say that Trump is more “colorful” than he would be, but overall he welcomes Trump’s voice on this issue.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
a multiple illegal just randomly killed someone in Cali, according to the news on teh way home.  :(

and you KNOW the GOP is scared of trump, when Cruz, the leading conservative candidate, is willing to give him love like this. 

Trump is VERY much worrying the establishment repubs, you know, the type like boehnner and mcconnell that sat down with obama to give us that shitty budget. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
RUBIO CRITICIZES TRUMP'S REMARKS; CRUMBLES IN POLLS

Republican presidential candidate and US Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Florida) saw his support drop dramatically in a new poll of Republican primary voters released Wednesday.

The CNN poll showed that Rubio’s support has plunged to 6% among likely Republican primary voters. In May, he was leading the GOP pack with 14%.

This drop represents the largest shift among any Republican candidate. While most candidates remained statistically within the margin of error, Rubio’s drop is the only significant movement up or down among candidates. He also lost ground in a theoretical head-to-head matchup with Democratic frontrunner Hillary Clinton — he now trails her by 17 points after coming within three in May.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
RUBIO CRITICIZES TRUMP'S REMARKS; CRUMBLES IN POLLS

Republican presidential candidate and US Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Florida) saw his support drop dramatically in a new poll of Republican primary voters released Wednesday.

The CNN poll showed that Rubio’s support has plunged to 6% among likely Republican primary voters. In May, he was leading the GOP pack with 14%.

This drop represents the largest shift among any Republican candidate. While most candidates remained statistically within the margin of error, Rubio’s drop is the only significant movement up or down among candidates. He also lost ground in a theoretical head-to-head matchup with Democratic frontrunner Hillary Clinton — he now trails her by 17 points after coming within three in May.

Rubio doesn't stand for anything.  He's obviously not tea party, Cruz and now, somehow, trump has that.
He's not RINO/liberal, Jeb/Christie have that locked down.

Rubio has never 'made his mark', never passed anything meaningful.  He's obama... he's been running for office and just hanging out, not making waves. 

Aside from 'he's young, inspirational, can read a speech', without google, can anyone here name 3 really huge things Rubio has led on or achieved?  He rep's my state and I cannot.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
two people who will never be president.
hope they stay in the race as long as possible and use up whatever money their billionaire benefactor wishes to throw away.
w

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Rubio doesn't stand for anything.  He's obviously not tea party, Cruz and now, somehow, trump has that.
He's not RINO/liberal, Jeb/Christie have that locked down.

Rubio has never 'made his mark', never passed anything meaningful.  He's obama... he's been running for office and just hanging out, not making waves. 

Aside from 'he's young, inspirational, can read a speech', without google, can anyone here name 3 really huge things Rubio has led on or achieved?  He rep's my state and I cannot.

Trump will be aiming straight towards Rubio come debate time.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Trump will be aiming straight towards Rubio come debate time.

if trump owns the base (just him and cruz spitting venom) and he manages to grab that pro-pot, pro-youth, pro-entertainment middle that Rubio is sitting on...

then he probably has enough to win adequate states.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Trump is like a suicide bomber.....blowing himself up and taking other Republican contenders with him ,,he's basically already destroyed Rubio, Santorum, and Cruz...if you disagree with trump you lose a significant portion of the base who SECRETLY agree with Trump....

If you do agree with trump you lose everyone else...........watching all of these Republicans twist in the wind is soooo funny....I just hope Trump doesn't drop out before the debates :)...I want to see him on stage killing the others and watching the other run from him

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Trump is like a suicide bomber.....blowing himself up and taking other Republican contenders with him ,,he's basically already destroyed Rubio, Santorum, and Cruz...if you disagree with trump you lose a significant portion of the base who SECRETLY agree with Trump....

If you do agree with trump you lose everyone else...........watching all of these Republicans twist in the wind is soooo funny....I just hope Trump doesn't drop out before the debates :)...I want to see him on stage killing the others and watching the other run from him

I don't think most people SECRETLY agree with trump.  Many people legit hate illegals, and are proud to support trump.

Is Trump really any more idiotic than Palin?  I mean, he's a billionaire, fearless, and can flatten anyone in a room.   Palin would ramble with catch phrases, but so much of her game was the victim thing, speaking for all those offended.

The one thing I like about Trump is that he doesn't act like a wimp, all offended and outraged 24/7.  That wimpy shit gets old.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
I don't think most people SECRETLY agree with trump.  Many people legit hate illegals, and are proud to support trump.

Is Trump really any more idiotic than Palin?  I mean, he's a billionaire, fearless, and can flatten anyone in a room.   Palin would ramble with catch phrases, but so much of her game was the victim thing, speaking for all those offended.

The one thing I like about Trump is that he doesn't act like a wimp, all offended and outraged 24/7.  That wimpy shit gets old.

Palin was an idiot.....McCain was a bigger idiot for picking her..Palin should work in marketing on Madison Ave....she's great with coming up with catch phrases and nothing else

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: Ted Cruz: ‘I Salute Donald Trump’ for Speaking Out on Immigration
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2015, 02:50:44 PM »
Palin was an idiot.....

But a sizable % of repubs - even getbiggers with masters degrees - were telling us how smart she was.

If trump is anything greater than Palin, the nomination may be his.  She probably could have won it in 2012, let's be honest.   Newt, Cain and others flakes led that group.  Santorum led lol.   Didn't trump lead without even jumping into that race in 2012 at one point?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2015, 02:53:07 PM »
But a sizable % of repubs - even getbiggers with masters degrees - were telling us how smart she was.

If trump is anything greater than Palin, the nomination may be his.  She probably could have won it in 2012, let's be honest.   Newt, Cain and others flakes led that group.  Santorum led lol.   Didn't trump lead without even jumping into that race in 2012 at one point?

Don't forget ole' uncle Herman Cain :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2015, 07:09:35 PM »
Don't forget ole' uncle Herman Cain :D

Oh, I included Cain in that list lol.

The funniest thing - repubs on getbig who are SILENT about trump - - - they're waiting for him to flake so they can call him a poser liberal idiot.  If he wins the nomiation, they'll have to put on their pink kneepads and tell us how great he is, how mature and shrewd and "consistently conservative" this shithead liberal Trump will be for America.

That kinda show will be epic.  Seeing trump to the LEFT of Hilary on a few issues, it'll be spectacular to watch.