Author Topic: Phil Collins: well groomed older gentleman  (Read 7103 times)

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
Phil Collins: well groomed older gentleman
« on: July 03, 2015, 04:48:36 PM »
Bodybuilders would love to have his chiseled facial features

P

bradistani

• Getbig V
Re: Phil Collins: well groomed older gentleman
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 04:49:42 PM »
he's 64

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 04:56:56 PM »
Juruth approved

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 04:58:04 PM »
I am a Phil Collins fan.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 05:06:58 PM »
I am a Phil Collins fan.

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility.At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums.the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism.

Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock.Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 06:09:24 PM »

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 06:13:54 PM »
Love his music.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 07:11:43 PM »

What the fuck? That's shopped. Whose head is shaped like that?!

Carlton G. Long

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 07:25:33 PM »

Great musician, singer, and songwriter. 

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 08:10:49 PM »
Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility.At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums.the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism.

Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock.Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

Hahaha. Just caught this. Nice one, man.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2015, 08:14:32 PM »
thats not moby...

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2015, 09:09:45 PM »

LOL  :D

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2015, 11:01:52 PM »

Nice shaped lower face but not so much the head.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2015, 11:56:04 PM »
The old dude from Benny Hill?

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2015, 12:19:25 AM »
He is genius and one of the great artists of the 80's.

But more than that, he is a well groomed gentlemen with a very neat appearance, very fresh looking. Someone you'd like to have lunch with on a hot summer day.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2015, 01:22:26 AM »
Can't have a Collins-thread without Sussudio

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2015, 02:10:41 AM »
Guilty pleasure. Great song:

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2015, 02:25:47 AM »
I am a Phil Collins fan.

Love his music.

He is genius and one of the great artists of the 80's.

But more than that, he is a well groomed gentlemen with a very neat appearance, very fresh looking. Someone you'd like to have lunch with on a hot summer day.

Please go away, all of you

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2015, 03:18:46 AM »
Take me home.

Carlton G. Long

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2015, 05:39:32 AM »

They also wouldn't mind having his financial success so they wouldn't be compelled to perform g4p...plus the quality of groupies available to him is likely much higher.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2015, 05:45:32 AM »

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2015, 07:16:32 AM »
phil heath net worth $2.5 million ?
phil collins net worth $250 million

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2015, 07:25:28 AM »
I can feel it coming in the air tonight.....

mayan

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2015, 07:43:05 AM »

Excellent reminder to watch again, been a few years.