Author Topic: Getbig Ownings  (Read 26031 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Getbig Ownings
« Reply #225 on: July 07, 2015, 12:21:11 PM »
One of those pics is from 2007

He needs help

Looking good in those pics NZ! Would love to go on a date with you.
X

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #226 on: July 07, 2015, 12:25:33 PM »
Looking good in those pics NZ! Would love to go on a date with you.

Would love to eat corn with you  :-*
P

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #227 on: July 07, 2015, 12:42:32 PM »
If I wanted to look like an ambercrombe model I would quit training, snort coke and have 3 peanuts a day. But at 53, 5'7 and 227 I ain't complaining.

Most doctors would consider that weight for you height as being morbidly obese. Just saying.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #228 on: July 07, 2015, 12:44:45 PM »
Most doctors would consider that weight for you height as being morbidly obese. Just saying.

True, but most doctors have no concept of muscle mass versus fat mass. I look like a fucking beanpole and I am at the low end of the "obese" spectrum for BMI.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #229 on: July 07, 2015, 12:56:11 PM »
True, but most doctors have no concept of muscle mass versus fat mass. I look like a fucking beanpole and I am at the low end of the "obese" spectrum for BMI.

The index bullshit is for cross country queers and sickly vegans. My old doc never hassled me; even at 20+ over, he understood fat vs. muscle.

New place sends in a fat nurse with brochures on diet and exercise.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: July 07, 2015, 01:07:25 PM »

I have to agree with you about those charts. At just under 5' 10" and currently weighing in at 180 - 183 lbs. I too am considered obese. Fortunately, my doctor has some concept of fat verses muscle mass. Even when I was 220 lbs. he never suggested I was obese and he is a real beanpole.

I also believe many bodybuilders have no concept of what being overweight looks like because they compare themselves to the muscle monsters one often sees in pro competitions. It is a form of body dysmorphic disorder.

Weight is weight - your heart doesn't know the difference between muscle and fat. Your kidneys work harder when you eat excessive amounts of protein. The most muscular bodybuilders are still doing harm to their internal organs through diet and ABS.

In today's culture, muscles are in style and thus thought of as being a sign of good health, while being simply fat and out of shape is considered bad. In times past there were different concepts of what was thought of as being healthy or not.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #231 on: July 07, 2015, 01:13:38 PM »

All doctors...er, I mean insurance companies would as they would any bodybuilder that's my height that weighs 200 + pounds the day of a show when they're at the lowest BF%. You and I both know 227 at 14% is hardly obese.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: July 07, 2015, 01:59:55 PM »
I have to agree with you about those charts. At just under 5' 10" and currently weighing in at 180 - 183 lbs. I too am considered obese. Fortunately, my doctor has some concept of fat verses muscle mass. Even when I was 220 lbs. he never suggested I was obese and he is a real beanpole.

I also believe many bodybuilders have no concept of what being overweight looks like because they compare themselves to the muscle monsters one often sees in pro competitions. It is a form of body dysmorphic disorder.

Weight is weight - your heart doesn't know the difference between muscle and fat. Your kidneys work harder when you eat excessive amounts of protein. The most muscular bodybuilders are still doing harm to their internal organs through diet and ABS.

In today's culture, muscles are in style and thus thought of as being a sign of good health, while being simply fat and out of shape is considered bad. In times past there were different concepts of what was thought of as being healthy or not.

Huh? Confusing paragraph.

They can't tell when someone is fat, or when they themselves are fat? Or when someone - or they themselves - is/are overweight with muscle? And what's it got to do with BDD?

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: July 07, 2015, 03:04:17 PM »
A lot of guys here are okay to some people but few are pleasant to everyone.

NZM hasn't always been civil to me and I have never said boo to him.

I collect photos and just store them in a Getbig folder as archives. You never know when you might need something.

Pellius is a good bloke so I was supporting him. I have nothing against NZM.

+ 70 yo Basile  "NEEDS" images of other GB's      ::)

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #234 on: July 07, 2015, 03:18:36 PM »

So this sort of thing is universal and not a creepy thing at all.

NOT creepy , U are very sicko  ::)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #235 on: July 07, 2015, 03:37:21 PM »
....You and I both know 227 at 14% is hardly obese.

No it isn't. Both doctors and insurance companies calculate your weight using methods that don't take into account your lean body mass which includes muscle, but not fat. Calculating body fat percentage can be challenging. How do you calculate yours? Do you use a DEXA scan, underwater weighing, 7-site skinfold test, Bod Pod (Whole Body Plethysmography) which uses air displacement or a Falcon favorite ;), which is bioelectrical impedance analysis (BIA)?

When last I had my body fat percentage calculated, the folks at the gym used a 3-site skinfold test. My body fat percentage was 12%. Although I weighed about 20 lbs. more than I do now, I suspect my body fat percentage is about the same, since I have not been working out regularly for quite awhile. I'm hoping to change this, but I am not planning on gaining any weight. Clothes fit better when one is slim.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #236 on: July 07, 2015, 03:48:03 PM »
Huh?

Confusing paragraph.

They can't tell when someone is fat, or when they themselves are fat? Or when someone - or they themselves - is/are overweight with muscle? And what's it got to do with BDD?

Sorry to be confusing. I don't know how else to explain this situation.

Haven't you ever noticed that when your working out surrounded by muscle monsters or just plain big dudes, you see normal people with decent physiques as being way too thin? Most people grow accustomed to their surroundings, it is a natural thing to do. When this behavior becomes extreme in terms of bodybuilding, it could be BDD.

Don't you suppose folks who inject large amounts of oil into their bodies to simulate muscle think they look great, while the most other people see them as freaks.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #237 on: July 07, 2015, 06:48:40 PM »
No it isn't. Both doctors and insurance companies calculate your weight using methods that don't take into account your lean body mass which includes muscle, but not fat. Calculating body fat percentage can be challenging. How do you calculate yours? Do you use a DEXA scan, underwater weighing, 7-site skinfold test, Bod Pod (Whole Body Plethysmography) which uses air displacement or a Falcon favorite ;), which is bioelectrical impedance analysis (BIA)?

When last I had my body fat percentage calculated, the folks at the gym used a 3-site skinfold test. My body fat percentage was 12%. Although I weighed about 20 lbs. more than I do now, I suspect my body fat percentage is about the same, since I have not been working out regularly for quite awhile. I'm hoping to change this, but I am not planning on gaining any weight. Clothes fit better when one is slim.

Underwater and Bod Pod calculations. Last one was last month and I've been dieting and training.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: July 07, 2015, 10:50:16 PM »
Underwater and Bod Pod calculations. Last one was last month and I've been dieting and training.

What's your weight goal? Or, is it more about body fat percentages and muscle gain?

I wanted to be big up until recently. Being about 20 years older then you, I don't have the energy or the metabolism I once did. I'm going for slim now as opposed to getting fat. My routine includes lots of cardio and much smaller and healthier meals.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #239 on: July 07, 2015, 10:57:20 PM »
What's your weight goal? Or, is it more about body fat percentages and muscle gain?

I wanted to be big up until recently. Being about 20 years older then you, I don't have the energy or the metabolism I once did. I'm going for slim now as opposed to getting fat. My routine includes lots of cardio and much smaller and healthier meals.

You mean you can't make gains anymore. I'm still trying to get bigger ... When I train. Hard to find the motivation when you get older. I don't want to be lean like Hurricane Beef. Who wants to be someone like the before ads?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #240 on: July 07, 2015, 11:11:15 PM »
You mean you can't make gains anymore. I'm still trying to get bigger ... When I train. Hard to find the motivation when you get older. I don't want to be lean like Hurricane Beef. Who wants to be someone like the before ads?

Never say never. I suppose I will still add muscle and I hope to do just that. I am being realistic is all. I don't want to weigh 225 lb. again. 175 - 180 lb. is fine with me. I tossed all my " bulked " clothes. These days I am sporting a 32" waist and I like that. My heart thanks me for getting lighter.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #241 on: July 07, 2015, 11:25:41 PM »
Never say never. I suppose I will still add muscle and I hope to do just that. I am being realistic is all. I don't want to weigh 225 lb. again. 175 - 180 lb. is fine with me. I tossed all my " bulked " clothes. These days I am sporting a 32" waist and I like that. My heart thanks me for getting lighter.

It isn't easy to lose fat as you get older. When you diet you lose muscle size. Well done to get your waist down to 32 inches!

geeizback

• Getbig II
« Reply #242 on: July 07, 2015, 11:29:47 PM »
vince as you can add an inch none month to arms are yours now stretching the tape at 328,841''?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #243 on: July 07, 2015, 11:35:37 PM »
vince as you can add an inch none month to arms are yours now stretching the tape at 328,841''?

A guy with 120 posts is obviously a gimmick. I don't take kindly to being disrespected in real life or on the net.
What you?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #244 on: July 07, 2015, 11:46:49 PM »
It isn't easy to lose fat as you get older. When you diet you lose muscle size. Well done to get your waist down to 32 inches!

There is a huge difference between dieting and how I eat now. For one thing I'm not denying myself foods I like, I am eating them less often and in smaller portions.

Genetics plays a big role. Both my parents were slim all their lives. The 32" waist is no big deal because its never been huge, but thanks.

What is a age related issue is that one's skin doesn't shrink-wrap like it did when we were young.

Simple Simon

« Reply #245 on: July 07, 2015, 11:59:45 PM »
THIS THREAD IS ABOUT GETBIG OWNINGS NOT THE RAMBLINGS OF TWO SENILE PENSIONERS IN A RETIREMENT HOME.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: July 08, 2015, 12:09:37 AM »
THIS THREAD IS ABOUT GETBIG OWNINGS NOT THE RAMBLINGS OF TWO SENILE PENSIONERS IN A RETIREMENT HOME.

You seem upset.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #247 on: July 08, 2015, 12:27:11 AM »

C.Bass,Jim Morris,Frank Zane & many others over 70 yo totally contradict you  :D

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: July 08, 2015, 12:28:53 AM »
A guy with 120 posts is obviously a gimmick. I don't take kindly to being disrespected in real life or on the net.
What you?

YOU & respect , what a fuck  ::)

Simple Simon

« Reply #249 on: July 08, 2015, 12:37:45 AM »
You seem upset.
not at all, had caps lock on and couldnt be bothered retyping it.