Author Topic: tips on starting again after a month off sick  (Read 4054 times)

alpha infidel

• Getbig II
tips on starting again after a month off sick
« on: July 06, 2015, 06:20:25 AM »
been back in the gym after a month off sick, and it does feel great to be in pain again, except I have lost a lot of strength, which I think is cause I been off the creatine.

Starting again, should I up the dose of creatine to get it back in my body, should I take it daily, or only before I train?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: tips on starting again after a month off sick
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 07:06:53 PM »
been back in the gym after a month off sick, and it does feel great to be in pain again, except I have lost a lot of strength, which I think is cause I been off the creatine.

Starting again, should I up the dose of creatine to get it back in my body, should I take it daily, or only before I train?

Loading is not necessary.  See previous threads in the sticky http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=477651.0  Independent of the creatine, your strength should come back rather quickly (memory) if you already had a decent base.
:

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 07:26:50 PM »
How much strength did u lose? If I take a week off I come back stronger but I can tell I get winded a little easier and takes me a few days to get my lungs back up to par I'm not 2 sure if ide lose all that much strength maintaining regular eating habits but u said that u were sick so that screwed u with eating probly..

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 04:12:12 AM »
I think what would be responsible for your drop in strength would be the drop in weight from you being sick? No? I wouldn't say the creatine is the factor here

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 03:09:34 AM »
Given your current condition just keep doing what you are doing. I'd forget about snake oil. It only helps you lose weight from your wallet.

I stopped gyming for a few years, and getting back into it seriously again for the last 2 months, but I have gained alot of fat, probably need to lose about 15kgs,

Now I been advised to do this HIIT technique for 20mins, as it's supposed to be better at burning fat upto 24hrs after you trained than like cardio which only burns during and shortly after, but I have found that it doesn't work, if anything I have put on a kilo or two with all the water retention and protein supps I been drinking.

I currently lift 5 days, and do cardio on 3 days, (sometimes in the morning on one of the days when I lift),

Should I go back to doing solid cardio like rowing at pace for 40 mins plus 30 mins on treadmill, I am scared that this will also burn up muscle.

As for supps, I am taking a test boost, amino's, whey, casein and creatin, should I dump the casein for now?

Any tips would be awesome.