Author Topic: IFBB Pro Cards - 80 Pro Cards Given Away at ONE contest  (Read 7604 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: IFBB Pro Cards - 80 Pro Cards Given Away at ONE contest
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2015, 08:50:46 AM »
There is no prestige in bodybuilding anymore. It's just another revenue stream.
^^^^Sadly so!  :(

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
  • All the muscle in the world!
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2015, 08:57:11 AM »
Presenting something on stage that obviously a helluva lotta other people have for a $2 plastic trophy is stupid since the only one who wins are the promoters.  Pro bodybuilding is as dead as Lee Harvey Oswald.  BB'ing peaked w/ Coleman, Ruhl, Preist, Wheeler, etc., no one gives a shit anymore.  People should work on they're minds now not they're appearance.  But since the vast majority of people are stupid as shit thats not gonna happen & there always will be predators (promoters) who find a human vanity (weakness) & do everything they can to profit as much as they can from it.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=574362.0
I

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
  • DC Comics Pro and TEAM MUSCLECENTER
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2015, 09:29:33 AM »
Beating a dead horse but yes, they are handing out IFBB pro cards like candy now, all in the name of $$$$$$$$.  If I had a nickel for every time I see "IFBBPRO [insert random name here]" on idiots' Instagrams/Facebook/Twitter, then I'd be a rich man.

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
  • All the muscle in the world!
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2015, 10:06:35 AM »
In part I think this is because an avg IFBB competitor today would be a standout in the late 70's/early 80's. 
I

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: IFBB Pro Cards
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2015, 11:25:52 AM »
I hate all the bikini, physique stuff.....bodybuilding is all I ever care about.  So many pros today I have no idea who anyone is and I don't care either.

In the past I get excited with the new North American champ that earned their pro card or the USA champ that earned their pro card made their pro debut...it was a big deal in the sport.

Today there is no hype because local farmer Billy Bob got his pro card in the master's Mr. Turdville show.

Bingo! I agree.

It's like having older dudes playing softball as an official part of the game in MLB.
LOL, imagine the fan outrage if 3 qtrs of an actual NFL game was : flag football, powder puff football and lingerie girls .

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
Re: IFBB Pro Cards
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2015, 11:49:34 AM »
Bingo! I agree.

It's like having older dudes playing softball as an official part of the game in MLB.
LOL, imagine the fan outrage if 3 qtrs of an actual NFL game was : flag football, powder puff football and lingerie girls .

Good post!