Author Topic: How does your doctor view your steroid use?  (Read 5369 times)

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
How does your doctor view your steroid use?
« on: July 08, 2015, 02:58:54 PM »
I recently visited my GP for a check up and blood work. Results came back fine but she looked down on me worse than an alco. Wanted me to reduce the dose to 100mg every 2 weeks. Wants to see me for a review in a couple weeks. Now I feel I cant up the dose and get big again without her breathing down my neck :(

anyone similar experiences or do you have a more tolerant doctor?

silverback1984

• Getbig II
Re: How does your doctor view your steroid use?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 03:18:58 PM »
You on trt Or just admitted to steroid usage to your doc ? She sounds like she needs to get down off her high horse

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 03:54:00 PM »
get a new doc pal. the doctor I have now is great. last one made me feel like I needed rehab.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 03:57:20 PM »
1. Anyone with intelligence would not accept a woman as their doctor.

2. Bludgeoning yourself with drugs to attain muscle mass makes you look like a crazy person. You need to search out an 'understanding' doctor.  

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 10:46:49 PM »
You on trt Or just admitted to steroid usage to your doc ? She sounds like she needs to get down off her high horse

I admitted it after being asked. Have been on low dose for a while now.

get a new doc pal. the doctor I have now is great. last one made me feel like I needed rehab.

Yeah I know one too.

2. Bludgeoning yourself with drugs to attain muscle mass makes you look like a crazy person. You need to search out an 'understanding' doctor. 

true on both accounts  :D

mazfit

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 04:18:30 AM »
I had to admitted it with my abcess

They looked at me like I was the stupidest peace of shit on earth

"Well if u take steroids this is going to happen"
"You know it's all pretend muscle"

After they said that I turned off.

No dr this isn't steroids this is me jabbing in unsterile conditions

I would have had a lot more respect if they said
I do t condone steroid use but if your going to use make sure it's in sterile conditions
Bla bla

equipoise

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 08:33:54 AM »
I recently visited my GP for a check up and blood work. Results came back fine but she looked down on me worse than an alco. Wanted me to reduce the dose to 100mg every 2 weeks. Wants to see me for a review in a couple weeks. Now I feel I cant up the dose and get big again without her breathing down my neck :(

There are many men's health and anti-aging
Clinics along Harley street in London. I'm share they will understand

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 10:15:14 AM »
Why low dose? It's just more time that your natural production is shut down making it more likely that it will never return (I don't have a study to support that statement but it seems to be generally accepted).

Go big or go home.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 11:04:02 AM »
Why low dose? It's just more time that your natural production is shut down making it more likely that it will never return (I don't have a study to support that statement but it seems to be generally accepted).

Go big or go home.

Low dose' cruise' half a step back, off completely 3 steps back, full bore all year round...one step into your grave

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 11:34:09 AM »
Agree 100 percent but  thought the OP had concerns about his natural test production being permanently shut down

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 11:42:39 AM »

When you hit 40 and need a finger stuck up your ass I assume you want a man to do it?  I'll take a nice female doc to check out my anus and balls as I age.

mazfit

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 02:46:09 PM »

Low dose' cruise' half a step back, off completely 3 steps back, full bore all year round...one step into your grave

Haha this made me lol n probably damn true

I know my time on for 2 years has strained my kidneys

Will never blast for more then 12 weeks now

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2015, 02:57:43 PM »
     Some guys my age were having heart attacks, steroid related, so i decided to see how things were with me. Went to the cardiologist and told him i have used sterons in the past and so and so. He just asked me if i smoke, and if i do, to stop. He wasn't a bit worried about the steroids but kept repeating: "just don't smoke".

equipoise

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2015, 08:36:36 AM »
Agree 100 percent but  thought the OP had concerns about his natural test production being permanently shut down

Actually many men need TRT at an older age even though they've never touched any hormones or even lifted a weight in their life. So if you have to go on TRT it doesn't really matter (but it needs to be proper TRT, like 100mg a week or less)

gettingbetter

• Getbig III
  • Fuck Yeah!
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2015, 09:17:36 AM »
He's fine with TRT dosage (100 mg a week or so) and he prescribes stuff for me but more than that and I'm done for.

Doctors shouldn't judge your life choice to. It's unethical to say the least. Besides they have a very vague knowledge about anabolic steroids as they are not very common in the medical world.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2015, 02:23:53 PM »
He's fine with TRT dosage (100 mg a week or so) and he prescribes stuff for me but more than that and I'm done for.

Doctors shouldn't judge your life choice to. It's unethical to say the least. Besides they have a very vague knowledge about anabolic steroids as they are not very common in the medical world.

If they're writing you prescriptions and you are abusing it they have every right to be critical.

whitewidow

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2015, 03:34:59 AM »
My doctor put me on TRT but when I came in for a checkup all jacked up wearing a NPC Tank he didn't like what he saw. He knows I'm abusing it just by looking at me. I'm only suppose to shoot 200mg every 2 weeks and I'm on 3 grams of various anabolics,AI's, albuteral. I lost 40 lbs this cutt.

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2015, 10:52:40 AM »

is your steroid consumption legal?
c

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2015, 01:53:41 PM »
I've seen many Doctors over the years and i never told any of them but one that i used AAS.  He is cool with it and will schedule any test i want to charge against my insurance.  This guy is an Endo who is very open minded about PED's and he uses AAS and GH himself in small doses.  He's honest with me and tells me that as long as your blood work is good, you can go up to about 500mg a week without many health risks.  Once you get above 1000mg EW mark, he believes you are playing with your health at that part and should accept any risks associated with it, but in general if your blood work is good, not much concern.

Anything above those amounts he says is a risk not worth taking unless you are a professional athlete who depends on performance for your paycheck.  In general he thinks body builders are playing Russian roulette with the high doses.  Bottom line is he has shown me with my own blood work how to be healthy with AAS/GH.

Since listening to him, I've managed to make good gains on moderate doses and keep my health pretty much perfect.  He got my BP and Chol under control without meds.

I've asked him if he thinks I'm putting my health at risk by using 600mg of combined AAS every week and he says it's all about the blood work.  People can handle stresses differently, so he didn't want to make a blanket statement, but he did say that in "general" i should be perfectly healthy.  Once your blood work gets bad, you have to be smart enough to correct it, even if it means coming off and losing some weight for a while.

8)

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2015, 07:30:11 PM »
I've seen many Doctors over the years and i never told any of them but one that i used AAS.  He is cool with it and will schedule any test i want to charge against my insurance.  This guy is an Endo who is very open minded about PED's and he uses AAS and GH himself in small doses.  He's honest with me and tells me that as long as your blood work is good, you can go up to about 500mg a week without many health risks.  Once you get above 1000mg EW mark, he believes you are playing with your health at that part and should accept any risks associated with it, but in general if your blood work is good, not much concern.

Anything above those amounts he says is a risk not worth taking unless you are a professional athlete who depends on performance for your paycheck.  In general he thinks body builders are playing Russian roulette with the high doses.  Bottom line is he has shown me with my own blood work how to be healthy with AAS/GH.

Since listening to him, I've managed to make good gains on moderate doses and keep my health pretty much perfect.  He got my BP and Chol under control without meds.

I've asked him if he thinks I'm putting my health at risk by using 600mg of combined AAS every week and he says it's all about the blood work.  People can handle stresses differently, so he didn't want to make a blanket statement, but he did say that in "general" i should be perfectly healthy.  Once your blood work gets bad, you have to be smart enough to correct it, even if it means coming off and losing some weight for a while.

8)

Care to share how u dropped chol And bp without meds? Also talk about hematocrit please.

We hear that all the time "my blood work" looks good. 2 years later they stop bbing due to health issues or thry stop posting cuz thy likely died or had something very bad happen. In reality, i dont think that is going to prevent heart enlargement, other vascular issues, neurodegenerative issues and cancer issues with some of these compounds.

Word to the wise though...if u are in thr states, have insurance and have a career and famoly and you value those things...do not EVER discuss aas use with a doc unless its Trt

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2015, 12:04:36 AM »
is your steroid consumption legal?

yes it is legal for personal use in the republic of Ireland.

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2015, 05:41:26 AM »
yes it is legal for personal use in the republic of Ireland.

as is alcohol
c

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2015, 10:27:40 AM »
Anyone who doesn't think their doctor knows they are juiced is beyond delusional.  Most doctors will just look the other way and write you BP meds.  I had one doctor check out gyno I got in my right chest.  He was dying to call me out on steroids.  I could see it in his eyes, but he just said I need to take better control of my hormone levels and left it at that.

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2015, 09:33:00 PM »

If you aren't banging her..Get rid of the nagging bitch...You can have anyone with a degree in her field tell you the alleged "possibilities" that come with taking gear and abusing hormones....Takes a smart person to fix things once they're slightly out of whack, or focus in certain areas where problems are occuring before they get bad...Seems like she's judging more than helping..If blood panel looks good, and you look good, only reasonable explanation for her wanting you to lower the dose is that she's judging/nagging you...And if you aren't fucking her,, there is no need to have to deal with that shit from a bitch   :( :-\ :'( 8)

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2015, 10:15:57 AM »
He is all about harm reduction and helping me keep my sh#t together. So he is supportive (as a doctor can) and gives me a decent amount of sustanon as well as other things. He doesn't like high dosages or "exotics". Funny guy as well...
I keep close taps of my blood pressure and bloods.

Ps. Were i'm from, this is almost un heard of. Most docs curse you to hell.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG