Author Topic: George Will: Trump could be a Democratic operative  (Read 16465 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
George Will: Trump could be a Democratic operative
« on: July 08, 2015, 10:14:27 PM »
and trump didn't deny it.  He just went on to trash Will "he's never liked me..."

CTers like me said it in 2011.   Now you have the top conservative voices saying Trump could be a Liberal Plant in the GOP to make them look stupid. 

At some point, repubs may need to realize Trump ain't working for thier goals... Trump is working for his own goals.  Given his lifetime liberal slant until 2007, his NBC paycheck, and the simple fact the Repub race is about trump and nothing else...

???

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: George Will: Trump could be a Democratic operative
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 10:25:05 PM »
Oh, look.  Hilary now using the "Republican frontrunner racist attacks Hispanics, and the other Repubs don't stop him?  Party of racists!" play.

Trump just keeps right on helping the liberals, helping obama/hilary.

Anything nutty, racist, mean, cruel that he says?  "Look what the top repub said, that other repubs are supporting..."
Repubs cannot disagree with trump, as he's echoing popular base opinions. 

Hillary Clinton just used Donald Trump to attack the entire GOP field
Source: Business Insider/Yahoo

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is trying to connect all of her potential GOP rivals to real-estate developer Donald Trump.

Clinton responded to the ongoing Trump controversy in a Tuesday appearance on CNN, her first national media interview since launching her campaign in April.

The Democratic front-runner said she was "very disappointed" by Trump's heated remarks about illegal immigration. And she added that the entire Republican Party should have rushed to condemn them.

"I've very disappointed in those comments. And I feel very bad and very disappointed with him and with the Republican Party for not responding immediately and saying, 'Enough. Stop it,'" she said.

Read more: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/hillary-clinton-just-used-donald-211924073.html

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 11:10:38 AM »
Trump did donate to the Clinton campaign stating his excuse was that he was a business man and that was part of what the problem in America is.

The guy is certainly entertaining.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 12:44:49 PM »
Trump did donate to the Clinton campaign stating his excuse was that he was a business man and that was part of what the problem in America is.

The guy is certainly entertaining.

he's not a pu$$y.   I think that's what this comes down to.  By definition, if you're a politician, you're always walking on eggshells, avoiding questions with divisive answers, avoiding pissing off voting blocs, etc.

Trump is trying to be the dickhead boss at a job that pays well.  He tells latinos "your people sneaking in are racists" which shows insane racist honesty - but in the next breath he says "but you'll still vote for me because I'll deliver jobs!"

And many people are OKAY with that.  they're okay with their chick being bitchy if the va-ja-ja is insanely good.  They're okay with their boss being a jerk if they're making killer bucks.   And they may be okay with a prez who calls illegals rapists... doesn't affect them any. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 11:23:07 PM »
OH LOOK, the DNC is now using Trump to their advantage. 

DNC mocks 'Retrumplican Party' on immigration

Source: The Hill

The Democratic National Committee released a video Thursday morning mocking the GOP presidential candidates as the “Retrumplican Party” on immigration policy.

The video is a mash-up of Donald Trump airing various positions on immigration reform, interwoven with other Republican presidential candidates expressing the same views.

It’s further evidence that Democrats intend to tie Republicans to Trump’s extreme rhetoric on illegal immigration at a time when the GOP is seeking to make inroads with Hispanic voters.

The video begins with the now infamous remarks Trump made last month during his presidential launch speech, in which he said: “When Mexico sends its people, they’re bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime. They’re rapists.”

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/247332-dnc-mocks-retrumplican-party-on-immigration

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 02:56:28 PM »
conspiracy theories already! who would have guessed.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 10:27:55 AM »
let's take this theory viral; it's the best one in a long time of craziness !
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 09:28:53 PM »
Red state DEMOLISHES trump.

Let’s have a reality check on Donald Trump for just a minute.

He is a Hillary Clinton donor. Many of Trump’s supporters rationalize that by saying he is a good businessman and had to give to Democrats.

He is also a donor to a host of other Democrats. “Well,” they say, “he lives in New York City. If he lived in a Republican state he would not be.”

He has supported a Canadian style universal healthcare system. His supporters believe he has evolved.

In 2012, he said Mitt Romney’s “self-deportation” immigration scheme was too harsh. Again, his supporters say, he has evolved.

Trump had been a supporter of abortion rights and told MSNBC he was evolving on gay marriage. His supporters say those are not their issues.

When Trump said he’d never asked God for forgiveness, his core supporters said they thought religion was supposed to be a private affair anyway.

When Trump said McCain was not a war hero, his core supporters applauded because Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) 60% had called them hobbits, racists, and more.

Essentially, his supporters do not care that Trump’s past actions align with the Democrats from immigration to healthcare to social issues to donations. They don’t care, because Trump is causing problems for a Republican Party that they’ve decided does not care about them. His supporters’ excuses are rationalizations about his behavior, not necessarily sincerely held beliefs by his supporters.

With the GOP back in charge of Congress, lobbyists are having a field day. Profits look to be up.

The GOP told its voters that if they elected them, they’d stop Barack Obama. Instead, they gave Barack Obama a blank check to raise the debt ceiling to avoid a fight with him.

They told the base that they’d hold Barack Obama accountable. Instead, they did not blink in approving his replacement for Eric Holder.

They told the base they would stand up against crony capitalists. Right now they are set to reauthorize the Ex-Im Bank.

They told the GOP that they would fight against Obamacare. When Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) 100% said they should stop funding it, they left footprints on his back as they ran over him to stand shoulder to shoulder with Barack Obama.

When the Republican leadership told their voters and the nation that they’d oppose amnesty, they went straight to Washington to not only authorize it, but call anyone who disagreed with them racist. Many of the Republicans flat out lied on the issue and could not even be bothered to seal the border first.

With the Iranian deal, again the Republicans let Barack Obama out maneuver them. “The reality is that right now Trump is the only candidate in the GOP who matters because he is the only candidate creating significant buzz.”

So here comes Donald Trump who is not just running against Barack Obama, but he is running against Republicans in Washington too. He says out loud all the things a significant minority within the GOP thinks. And let’s be honest. It is a minority. Trump at 24% in the ABC poll is probably his high water mark. But almost a quarter of the Republican voters like him. Mitt Romney could not get above 25% in the polls until January of 2012 and couldn’t stay consistently above 30% until March of 2012.

Outside of the twitterverse, I have yet to meet many voters who are with Trump to the polls. Instead, I hear things like, “He’s the only guy telling it like it is, but I don’t see him as President.” The one person I know well who is going Trump all the way believes both parties have so completely failed and his vote doesn’t matter, that he is willing to go with Trump as a protest vote. In other words, Trump is a symptom of something larger in the minds of some Republican voters. Salena Zito has more on that issue.

Recently, Donald Trump has said several times he might run as a third party. Republicans do not get elected when there is a strong third party. Trump’s third party, like all third parties, would not get the White House, but it could stop the GOP from getting the White House.

The rhetoric and attacks against Trump and his supporters are condescending and sound fearful and resentful. The reality is the condescension and rhetoric is what much of the Washington Republican establishment feels for a great deal of the base, even those who are not on Team Trump right now, but share their concerns. The Establishment has created a situation where a minority of its base, but a minority that could be influential at the polls, wants to burn it all down.

The only solution the GOP really is going to be able to offer is a candidate who is not seen as a hand picked successor to the Washington crowd. That probably hurts a guy like Jeb Bush. But getting the nominee right sets the parameters for a potential Trump third party bid. How those parameters are set decides between a John Anderson third party and a Ross Perot third party. The former is not fatal to a GOP bid. The latter most assuredly is.

The best way for the GOP to get to that point right now is to start talking about the other candidates. It is not just the press focused on Trump right now. The supporters of all the other candidates are talking about him too. The reality is that right now Trump is the only candidate in the GOP who matters because he is the only candidate creating significant buzz. Rick Perry and Jeb Bush are the two candidates who, right now, are working very hard to set themselves up as the anti-Trump for when the flirtation ends.

The supporters of all the candidates would be wise, if they really think the base needs to move on from Trump, to present their candidates as voices of change who will change Washington — not just attack Trump and his supporters. That only makes Trump stronger and his supporters more likely to bolt a GOP many of them already see as just another corrupt Washington institution.

redstate.com

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2015, 05:31:32 AM »
but he's great summer time entertainment!
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2015, 10:51:19 AM »
tough to argue trump isn't trolling, isn't a plant, isn't doing what he can to make repubs look foolish.

Sad that the other repubs have 'swung down' at the man leading them by double digits:

It makes us really question THEIR judgment.  Will they swing down at every troll as president?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2015, 12:07:04 PM »
tough to argue trump isn't trolling, isn't a plant, isn't doing what he can to make repubs look foolish.

Sad that the other repubs have 'swung down' at the man leading them by double digits:

It makes us really question THEIR judgment.  Will they swing down at every troll as president?

I question your judgement if you truly believe Trump is "a plant"

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2015, 12:52:25 PM »
Donald Trump: GOP AS MUCH TO BLAME AS OBAMA

Billionaire real estate magnate and 2016 GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump said that not only is President Barack Obama to blame for the “outrage” that is the nuclear arms deal with Iran, but a “weak” GOP-controlled Congress is too.

“I think it’s an outrage, I think it’s done by people of gross incompetence, I think it’s a tremendous win for Iran and many of our enemies and I think it’s something that shouldn’t be allowed,” Trump said in a phone interview that came before his spat with Sen. John McCain (R-AZ)43%
 escalated. “It’s outrageous that a deal like this is going forward and can be allowed to go forward. With proper negotiators we could have had a great deal.”

Trump said the negotiators for Obama didn’t read his book, “The Art of the Deal,” which walks readers through how to effectively negotiate.

“We have people that did not read ‘The Art of the Deal’ negotiating,” Trump said.

We have people that have no concern about the views of our country. It’s incredible. Only very stupid people are in favor of it. It’s incredible the way this thing was just rammed through and how they gave up so many points at the end. Did you see the last day? They just gave up so many points at the end. It’s a very, very incredible situation and frankly our representatives should be ashamed of themselves. It looks like they’re not going to be able to stop it because the veto is not going to get overridden based on everything I see and hear. That’s a real bad mark on our politicians including the Republicans that can’t get the votes.

When asked if—with Obamatrade, which Trump made sure to point out “I didn’t—which, by the way, I didn’t support, as you know,” and other matters—Republicans and Democrats in Congress have cheapened what it means to have a treaty, Trump said “that’s absolutely right.”

Technically, a treaty would require 67 votes to pass the Senate. But since Congress has rolled over on this and so many other matters, they’ve agreed that this is not a treaty—which means instead of requiring 67 votes to pass the Senate, it would require 67 votes to stop it via overriding a presidential veto.

“Two other things: All the money we’re giving them [Iran], we’re going to make them a really rich power,” Trump added.

The other thing is from a psychological standpoint we have four prisoners over there. It’s inconceivable that any deal would be made with those four prisoners left. Inconceivable. And then when Obama gave the answer, he didn’t want to complicate it. It was too complicated. It’s nothing complicated. It’s one sentence: We want our prisoners back. And it’s good for everyone if you give them back. Good for everyone: Good for them, for us. They don’t want them. We do.

Trump concluded by noting that Obama wouldn’t be able to get away with this if Congress—especially Republicans in Congress—weren’t so “weak.”

“It’s amazing that Congress is so weak,” Trump said. “It’s amazing that these people on both sides are so pathetically weak—pathetically weak. It’s a great embarrassment to our nation.”

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2015, 01:08:59 PM »
I question your judgement if you truly believe Trump is "a plant"

Let's allow Trump to answer that one:

Donald Trump: GOP AS MUCH TO BLAME AS OBAMA

Yes, Trump is now outright blaming the GOP for america's problem.  If there's any doubt he's a plant for say, the opponents of the GOP, I think he just read your post and needed to clear it up for everyone.

And, if Trump loses the nomination, it's likely he'll run as a 3rd party, further proof he doesn't give a shit about taking the white house from the dems.  If anything, the 20% he would draw gives Clinton a vistory ala 1992, when Perot took 18% and Bill Clinton won with a salty little 44% or something like that. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2015, 01:15:59 PM »

Yes, Trump is now outright blaming the GOP for america's problem.  If there's any doubt he's a plant for say, the opponents of the GOP, I think he just read your post and needed to clear it up for everyone.

And, if Trump loses the nomination, it's likely he'll run as a 3rd party, further proof he doesn't give a shit about taking the white house from the dems.  If anything, the 20% he would draw gives Clinton a vistory ala 1992, when Perot took 18% and Bill Clinton won with a salty little 44% or something like that. 

Still not convinced.

He's using the classic anti-establishment populist angle, similar to what Obama used in 2008 with so many people disgruntled with Bush, the war, the economy.

People on both sides of the political spectrum are upset with Washington. He is just tapping into that energy.

And it's working pretty well....over a year out from the next election.

Is it sustainable? I have my doubts.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2015, 01:20:55 PM »
And it's working pretty well....over a year out from the next election.
Is it sustainable? I have my doubts.

Maybe this is the plan...

1) get street cred with base voters, show you're not afraid of shit, be the maverick with a brain the Palin could never deliver..

2) show more professionalism once it gets close and primaries arrive, act presidential, really, act like a Pit Bull version of Reagan...

He released his financials, which he never would have done without being "all in" or if he had stunk it up in polls.  I think HE is just starting to realize it's his to lose now.  IF he makes it to the general election and stops acting silly, I think he wins 35 or 40 states.  I think it's not close.  I think MANY MANY of the tv watching idiot liberals will switch from dem to Trump.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2015, 01:51:11 PM »
Maybe this is the plan...

1) get street cred with base voters, show you're not afraid of shit, be the maverick with a brain the Palin could never deliver..

2) show more professionalism once it gets close and primaries arrive, act presidential, really, act like a Pit Bull version of Reagan...

He released his financials, which he never would have done without being "all in" or if he had stunk it up in polls.  I think HE is just starting to realize it's his to lose now.  IF he makes it to the general election and stops acting silly, I think he wins 35 or 40 states.  I think it's not close.  I think MANY MANY of the tv watching idiot liberals will switch from dem to Trump.

Trump's biggest issue right now is checking his own ego.

If he can't keep that under wraps eventually these numbers will start to dwindle because he won't have the favorability numbers to warrant a nomination.

If he can continue to attack the Obama, Graham and McCain types with more tact, then he has a much better chance of taking it all way to Cleveland.

That is a HUGE if though. His ego is just massive.

My gut tells me once debate season Trump will be the man on stage with the best mic skills but a guy like Walker will just be the more likeable guy and will end up getting the nod.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2015, 02:08:04 PM »

yes, still 110% doubt

I guess you think Ross Perot was a Democratic plant just because he ran as an independent

I know you like to troll about 90% of the time so I'm assuming this is just another one of your trolls

carry on

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2015, 02:14:43 PM »
My gut tells me once debate season Trump will be the man on stage with the best mic skills but a guy like Walker will just be the more likeable guy and will end up getting the nod.

yes - Trump has TONS of tv experience.  He knows where to look, he knows how to hold shoulders, he knows not to frown or scratch his face, etc.   You look at the way way he moves his hands when he speaks - he's a tv star and looks comfy in his own skin.  You don't see that with aging, awkward, balding dudes like a jeb or walker.  They just won't move and adjust like trump, who is 69 but acts 49. 

Perry looks like a hater "Trump is a cancer on conservatism" - - - Trump is DOUBLING jeb with CONSERVATIVES lol. 

These fools have been spoonfed a watered down truth by the GOP for so long, they forgot what people actually want.  Now they're seeing it.  Trump has that rock star scent that Obama had in 2008, this may be over quickly.

ALso, it's okay if trump isn't all that likable - Hilary is VERY polarizing, and is only getting 33% approval IN IOWA!  People in IA, VA and CO do not trust clinton, that's huge.  People will pick a person they trust but dislike (trump, the most honest mofo out there lol) over a person they dislike AND distrust (hilary).

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2015, 02:20:46 PM »
yes - Trump has TONS of tv experience.  He knows where to look, he knows how to hold shoulders, he knows not to frown or scratch his face, etc.   You look at the way way he moves his hands when he speaks - he's a tv star and looks comfy in his own skin.  You don't see that with aging, awkward, balding dudes like a jeb or walker.  They just won't move and adjust like trump, who is 69 but acts 49. 

Perry looks like a hater "Trump is a cancer on conservatism" - - - Trump is DOUBLING jeb with CONSERVATIVES lol. 

These fools have been spoonfed a watered down truth by the GOP for so long, they forgot what people actually want.  Now they're seeing it.  Trump has that rock star scent that Obama had in 2008, this may be over quickly.

ALso, it's okay if trump isn't all that likable - Hilary is VERY polarizing, and is only getting 33% approval IN IOWA!  People in IA, VA and CO do not trust clinton, that's huge.  People will pick a person they trust but dislike (trump, the most honest mofo out there lol) over a person they dislike AND distrust (hilary).

so you think Trump could be the nominee?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2015, 02:29:20 PM »
so you think Trump could be the nominee?

I think a rock star will be the nominee.  I think the right WANTS their own obama.  Right now, it's Trump.  Maybe he falls apart, and another 'rock star' emerges.  But honestly, they're all acting like wimps, every one of them.  Even when Perry attacks him, he does it because "trump is hurting the party".  It's all about party politics for these idiots.  THey don't care about people, they care only about 'the party'.

Lindsey graham's commercial about smashing his cell phone is shocking in one way - GRAHAM TELLS US THAT TRUMP IS CREDIBLE, AND WORTHY OF HIS AD BUYS!!!!!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2015, 02:36:53 PM »
I think a rock star will be the nominee.  I think the right WANTS their own obama.  Right now, it's Trump.  Maybe he falls apart, and another 'rock star' emerges.  But honestly, they're all acting like wimps, every one of them.  Even when Perry attacks him, he does it because "trump is hurting the party".  It's all about party politics for these idiots.  THey don't care about people, they care only about 'the party'.

Lindsey graham's commercial about smashing his cell phone is shocking in one way - GRAHAM TELLS US THAT TRUMP IS CREDIBLE, AND WORTHY OF HIS AD BUYS!!!!!!!!

Don't forget that you believe Trump is a Democratic plant so he's really working all this time to benefit the Dems (and of course by extension Obama who is the de facto leader of the party)

So this world class ego maniac will at some point have to back out so that the Dems can thrive in the damage that he has wrought.

Of course, like any narcissist, he won't expect any recognition from the Dems for his help and in fact the Dems will condemn him.
He is just doing this because he just loves the Dems so much that he doesn't care about recognition or any money making opportunities he had to give up during that time or anything else.   He just so loves the Democratic party that he is freely giving of himself even though he will be crucified by both sides.  He's sort of a modern day christ like figure.

It all makes perfect sense ....right?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2015, 02:44:42 PM »

Trump has A+ speaking skills and 10 out of 10 in confidence. He is not going to stammer. He is not going to have an oops moment.

I think he could be like the guy who can pull the hottest chick but simply cannot keep her long term.

Once the initial attraction, cocaine and high dollar tequila shots begin to wear off she's stuck with a guy who only seems to think for himself brags about his sports car and bank account every other sentence. Yeah he still talks a great game but the rest of his personal flaws are too much to overlook.

Eventually she leaves him for a well meaning boring schlub with a little pudge around the midsection and a receding hairline like Walker who is more of a secure deal and will stick to the program.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2015, 04:19:02 PM »
Eventually she leaves him for a well meaning boring schlub with a little pudge around the midsection and a receding hairline like Walker who is more of a secure deal and will stick to the program.

awesome analogy, and you're completely right.   But how long til the luster wears off?  It might be after trump wins a few early states and can buy the rest of the nomination.  Might be too late.  Then it's 'the joke' trump, a modern day palin, up against a heavyweight like hilary.

Walker/Trump may be the ideal ticket?  lol.   

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2015, 04:55:11 PM »
awesome analogy, and you're completely right.   But how long til the luster wears off?  It might be after trump wins a few early states and can buy the rest of the nomination.  Might be too late.  Then it's 'the joke' trump, a modern day palin, up against a heavyweight like hilary.

Walker/Trump may be the ideal ticket?  lol.   

Well I think Walker is one of the few that Trump hasn't personally called out yet so I think there still may be a shot.  8)