Author Topic: Why do I rarely see older high end cars on the road?  (Read 801 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Why do I rarely see older high end cars on the road?
« on: July 09, 2015, 09:20:14 AM »
I liv near a very affluent area in SoCal.  Essentially all NFLers, MLBers, CEOs etc.. live there.  To get to the freeway they drive down the same road I do.  Daily I see all sorts of supercars like Lambos, Ferrari's, Porsche GT. Audi R8, etc...  The one thing I noticed over the years is that they are always the newer models.  I never see a 5 year old Ferrari or Lambo.  Is it because these guys just lease the newest and greatest?  What happens when they turn the car back in after a year or two?

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Re: Why do I rarely see older high end cars on the road?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 09:21:48 AM »

a

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 09:32:45 AM »
I liv near a very affluent area in SoCal.  Essentially all NFLers, MLBers, CEOs etc.. live there.  To get to the freeway they drive down the same road I do.  Daily I see all sorts of supercars like Lambos, Ferrari's, Porsche GT. Audi R8, etc...  The one thing I noticed over the years is that they are always the newer models.  I never see a 5 year old Ferrari or Lambo.  Is it because these guys just lease the newest and greatest?  What happens when they turn the car back in after a year or two?
Because you don't go to Cars and Coffee. Porsche GTs are older.
Plus, the real money is in the older Ferraris from the late 50s-70s. Testarossa values are jumping. And air cooled 911s sometimes are costing more than new Turbos. Vintage is where it is at.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 09:40:09 AM »
One old guy not far from me has a pretty new Ferrari that he drives all over the place pretty much all day every day. Must have a ton of miles on it. He's very successful, probably paid cash.

A buddy of mine who is a filthy rich 4th generation oilman has a couple of paid for high end cars that mostly stay in his garage - he spends most of his driving time in a Ford F-150 and is often in coveralls.
A