Author Topic: UFC 189 the one and only thread  (Read 30325 times)

herefortheglitter

• Getbig III
Re: UFC 189 the one and only thread
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2015, 04:35:16 PM »
McGregor looks like an emaciated AIDS patient. Hope to see his ass iced.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2015, 04:36:31 PM »

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2015, 04:38:05 PM »
he did look a little thin, but then the fights not until tomorrow

Rhomboids

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2015, 04:42:38 PM »
He looked like a different person, mcgreggor. Mad emaciated.  He must drop a shit ton of weight. Since they're banning IV s I would bet he's going to 155 after this fight.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2015, 04:42:45 PM »
See the little Faber scrap?

herefortheglitter

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2015, 04:45:30 PM »
See the little Faber scrap?

So tough, roughing up midgets in the hallway.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2015, 04:46:36 PM »
So tough, roughing up midgets in the hallway.

Looked awkward.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2015, 04:52:32 PM »
chael sonnen said he had to drop about 25 lbs in less than a week , thats alot of weight to cut.  especially when he was lean to begin with

herefortheglitter

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2015, 04:55:40 PM »
Looked awkward.

I get that's his whole persona but why have beef with someone you're not even fighting? I hope he's proven a hype-job and Mendes submits him like a bitch.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2015, 04:56:27 PM »
I get that's his whole persona but why have beef with someone you're not even fighting? I hope he's proven a hype-job and Mendes submits him like a bitch.

mcgreggor is the kind of fighter i cant fucking stand runs his mouth hasnt beaten any top 10 fighters yet, just a piece of shit  in general

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2015, 05:44:43 PM »
If McGregor can avoid Chad's power, and stuff his inevitable takedown attempts, I think Connor's unique striking ability and leg kicks will take it's toll on Mendes. Both fighters are used to dominating their opponents either by KO/TKO or winning by unanimous decisions.

Mendes has an edge, because he has faced the best fighter in Featherweight division (Aldo) twice, and has gone a full 5 rounds with the champ.

This is Conor's opportunity to shine though, and he knows it. A loss to Mendes will pop his attention whore balloon, and be a major career blow for him. I don't believe that McGregor will let Mendes get inside and negate his length advantage with dirty boxing and clinches.

Conor will wisely keep his distance, and pick Mendes apart with strikes from all angles. I don't think McGregor will run through Mendes by any means, but I do think he will win convincingly enough to justify the hype and setup an even bigger fight with Aldo.

Lawler vs. MacDonald 2:

Robbie Lawler doesn't strike me as the type of guy who will be able to keep the belt for any length of time. Lawler won the first matchup via split decision, but I think that Rory has/will learn from that fight. Rory is more of a tactician, whereas Lawler is more of a tough as nails, brawler type.

I think this second fight being 5 rounds favors Rory. Lawler has been known to gas late in fights, and wouldn't be surprised if MacDonald uses those championship rounds to his advantage. Look for a weary Lawler to get taken down late in the fight, and for Rory to finish him off there.

My Picks:

McGregor

MacDonald

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2015, 09:01:50 PM »
If McGregor can avoid Chad's power, and stuff his inevitable takedown attempts, I think Connor's unique striking ability and leg kicks will take it's toll on Mendes. Both fighters are used to dominating their opponents either by KO/TKO or winning by unanimous decisions.

Mendes has an edge, because he has faced the best fighter in Featherweight division (Aldo) twice, and has gone a full 5 rounds with the champ.

This is Conor's opportunity to shine though, and he knows it. A loss to Mendes will pop his attention whore balloon, and be a major career blow for him. I don't believe that McGregor will let Mendes get inside and negate his length advantage with dirty boxing and clinches.

Conor will wisely keep his distance, and pick Mendes apart with strikes from all angles. I don't think McGregor will run through Mendes by any means, but I do think he will win convincingly enough to justify the hype and setup an even bigger fight with Aldo.

Lawler vs. MacDonald 2:

Robbie Lawler doesn't strike me as the type of guy who will be able to keep the belt for any length of time. Lawler won the first matchup via split decision, but I think that Rory has/will learn from that fight. Rory is more of a tactician, whereas Lawler is more of a tough as nails, brawler type.

I think this second fight being 5 rounds favors Rory. Lawler has been known to gas late in fights, and wouldn't be surprised if MacDonald uses those championship rounds to his advantage. Look for a weary Lawler to get taken down late in the fight, and for Rory to finish him off there.

My Picks:

McGregor

MacDonald

Mendes is going to beat McGregor like a 12-year old boy beats his meat

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2015, 11:16:44 PM »

With Conor, not sure how much is hype/acting vs. fight mindset. Faber was clearly just wishing him luck, but being in Mendes's camp and all ...

He might just be that intense, who knows.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2015, 11:28:05 PM »

Lawler vs. MacDonald 2:

My Picks:

McGregor

MacDonald

Interesting analysis. Think I mostly agree, too.

In fact, being a huge Lawler fan, I don't think he deserved that belt at all. Hendricks won that fight. And you're right about him gassing. Rory doesn't usually trade on his feet, so if Robbie doesn't catch him slipping early, Mac'll probably take him down and dominate on the ground.

Which, I think, is pretty much what you said.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2015, 12:19:25 AM »
With Conor, not sure how much is hype/acting vs. fight mindset. Faber was clearly just wishing him luck, but being in Mendes's camp and all ...

He might just be that intense, who knows.

dont think that was acting at all, he probably had a real tough weight cut.

faber looks funny though, like a little boy in that reebok tracksuit that looks 2 sizes too big on him  :D

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2015, 12:50:22 AM »
dont think that was acting at all, he probably had a real tough weight cut.

faber looks funny though, like a little boy in that reebok tracksuit that looks 2 sizes too big on him  :D

Probably so, but I'd also say Faber was just being friendly.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2015, 12:55:42 AM »
absolutely he didnt do anything. it was conor who tried to treat him like a little boy

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2015, 04:18:46 AM »
Faber should know you don't put hands on a fighter you don't know from a foreign country getting ready for a fight.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2015, 08:39:59 AM »
One simple rule change would change the sport on its head and make it better. Make the weigh ins an hour before fight time for everybody. Much healthier and safer and closer to the real world. Most of these clowns don't belong in the weight classes they fight in. Let them have to be at weight an hour before and watch what happens to most of them. A lot of them that don't belong in the class to begin with either won't make weight or will get their ass beat because they're weak as fuck...

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2015, 08:47:55 AM »
One simple rule change would change the sport on its head and make it better. Make the weigh ins an hour before fight time for everybody. Much healthier and safer and closer to the real world. Most of these clowns don't belong in the weight classes they fight in. Let them have to be at weight an hour before and watch what happens to most of them. A lot of them that don't belong in the class to begin with either won't make weight or will get their ass beat because they're weak as fuck...
McGregor is a perfect example. The guy walks around at a lean 170+......so why does he feel the need to deplete to 145 for?

They do it to gain an edge in size and strength over fighters who are naturally closer to the weight class that they fight in.

Rumble Johnson was another example. The guy would walk around at 225-230 and then try to cut to 185.

He is much more suited for the 205 pound division.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2015, 08:51:15 AM »
Shouldn't this thread be in the MMA board.

I'm sure the 2 people that post there already have a thread on this topic.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2015, 09:02:03 AM »
Shouldn't this thread be in the MMA board.

I'm sure the 2 people that post there already have a thread on this topic.
Ron has created quite the conundrum. If they moved threads to the sports, MMA, religion, and general topics sections, then the G&O would suffer.

As it stands, many of the subforums are absolutely useless. I love Getbig, but that is the honest truth.

Just look at the demographic of Getbig's posters: Probably the majority are 21-50 year old males. 

We all know there are a ton of sports fans on Getbig. So how on earth is the sports subforum dead?

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2015, 09:03:45 AM »
Ron has created quite the conundrum. If they moved threads to the sports, MMA, religion, and general topics sections, then the G&O would suffer.

As it stands, many of the subforums are absolutely useless. I love Getbig, but that is the honest truth.

Just look at the demographic of Getbig's posters: Probably the majority are 21-50 year old males. 

We all know there are a ton of sports fans on Getbig. So how on earth is the sports subforum dead?

The G and O is the only relevant board.

It's the only one I go to, with the exception of the UK board.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2015, 09:52:27 AM »
any of you guys put any money on the card?

im still on the fence i had my money on aldo that i thought was EASY MONEY... now im not so sure anymore even though the odds are even better for mendes winning

lawler vs rory is too hard to pick IMO, not worth the risk. im leaning towards rory winning as it was close last time and i feel rory being the younger of the two is the one evolving more and getting better and better.

herefortheglitter

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2015, 03:37:11 PM »
Faber should know you don't put hands on a fighter you don't know from a foreign country getting ready for a fight.

McDouche rubbed his head like he was a child, Faber responded (playfully lol) grabbing his waist and the animal lost his shit. Still hoping he gets destroyed, even if Shizzo doesn't think he will. Haha