Author Topic: Dennis Newman - What's he up to  (Read 15422 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
Dennis Newman - What's he up to
« on: March 01, 2006, 08:07:51 AM »
Last we saw, he was running around at an Olympia saying he was coming back and never materialized again...

Kinda sad that some of  the up and comers/pros around this time frame  get burned with disease, illness etc...Newman, Mike Francois, Don Long....

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
Re: Dennis Newman - What's he up to
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 08:11:42 AM »
Newman was awesome
(for that time period he had "MR O" potential )
good looking,sells magazines ..........awesome physique (ok ok lol his chest wasnt up to par but look at his delts!)

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 08:56:34 AM »
What disease did he have?

toc67guru

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 09:57:00 AM »
 leukemia !

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 11:14:56 AM »
He's one of the few pros I can say I would have wanted to be (pre-leukemia of course).  He was 5'10, 250 pounds, perfect lines, model handsome.  It's really too bad about the leukemia.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 11:19:28 AM »
Wasn't so "Superhuman" was he?

MOS

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 03:56:24 PM »
When He was 24 everything in Dennis' future looked bright. He just got married and just turned pro. He was going to have either Weider, Twin Labs, or MetRx signing to huge sponsorship deals.Then he got sick and was forced to retire. Nobody signed him and his wife left him! He had no insurance and was left high and dry.

Stavios

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 04:34:31 PM »
His wife loved him for his personality. She didn't care about money or how he looked

YearsGoneBy

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2006, 11:41:46 PM »
Did Newman ever use a different pose besides the one shown?

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 12:56:52 AM »
He had a role in the cult BB movie No Pain, No Gain that aired last year, I think.

http://www.no-pain-no-gain.com/trailers/

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 04:10:48 AM »
No doubt, he would have been an Olympia winner. Fate :-\

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006, 04:17:30 AM »
Dennis recovered fully from his lukemia.  Unfortunately, he fell to recreational drug use and never managed to get his act together.  Last I saw him he was driving some piece of shit car that sounded like a used lawn mower. He looked like shiat...

1965 mercedes 190d?

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2006, 04:46:05 AM »
Did he not get involved in the Gay for Pay shit?

The Beef.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2006, 09:11:42 AM »
His wife loved him for his personality. She didn't care about money or how he looked

LOL!!!   ;D

Dennis recovered fully from his lukemia.  Unfortunately, he fell to recreational drug use and never managed to get his act together.  Last I saw him he was driving some piece of shit car that sounded like a used lawn mower. He looked like shiat...

ahh, I remember you saying this before MindSpin.  Too bad about that.  I think he could have been a big success in life if not for circumstances, as well as drug use.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2006, 01:43:37 PM »
Why, you cruisin for some down-on-their luck muscleboy tail?

90% of musclebois are down on their luck.  :-\

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2006, 03:51:46 PM »
Is this really Dennis Newman now?  If it is, I don't know how this guy has summoned the courage to live.

maybe he lives for the cock.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2006, 04:09:31 PM »
Is this really Dennis Newman now?  If it is, I don't know how this guy has summoned the courage to live.

jesus wtf w/hair color?

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2006, 04:10:17 PM »
There is a reason that lots of Pros avoid this board.  Wonder what that is?  You people that hide behind a keyboard and make these comments should be ashamed of yourselves.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2006, 04:20:15 PM »

DId he have his beautiful wife with him, or she did she leave when his bbing career was over.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2006, 04:23:52 PM »

cause the fucking wieders wouldn't let him compete after his recovery  >:(
carpe` vaginum!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2006, 06:39:40 PM »
He did the ironman few year's back took seventh ,said he did all he could do without putting health at risk,looked ok.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2006, 09:31:55 PM »
There is a reason that lots of Pros avoid this board.  Wonder what that is?  You people that hide behind a keyboard and make these comments should be ashamed of yourselves.

WRONG sir, the reason most of us avoid this board is because it's not such a good feeling to face the truth.

1) newman could have made damage (no where near mr o but somewhere at the priest level top 10 majority of the time) while he was buying and using hormones in bulk and in the mega doses since he had work ethics and wanted it bad enough.

2) newman wasn't lucky enough and got health problems thus had to stop his drug usage for quite some time and as you can see the result is infront of you right there.

3) dont think even for a second that the new newman is clean because he's on. age, time and usage have all taken him down pretty hard.

4) dont know if his wife was with him for his looks or not but most of the wakced girls that are into us are fucked in the head to begin with and majority of them are insecure or just local slutts...but i cant comment about the love they have or dont have.

5) always remember to stay at the top or even at the top amatuer level you must MUST be on lots of goodies. training is important but its not as important as what you take drug wise and how your body reacts to what you take drug wise! we dont have time to train and to eat as much as we need to while we are on the road! we are built on a lot of diff compounds and the guys in europe, china, russia love us! so do many american "pharms" ;)

fallen angel

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2006, 10:55:38 AM »

That back looks like Lee PReist .... no it really does...
L

manfromyard

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2006, 11:18:55 AM »
Dennis was a player.  He lived by the "what my wife doesn't know won't hurst her" philosophy.  Maybe that's why she didn't stick around...just speculating.

She was super hot too! What are your thoughts on this philoosphy, Mindspin? Good, bad, or only works in Venice Beach?

johnnytosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2006, 06:32:33 AM »
Hide behind a keyboard?  How exactly, pray tell, do you propose people from around the globe communicate in a chat forum?  Are you proposing utilizing the Star Trek beaming technology so that we may all gather in a designated space and share our ideas in person?  And as far as pro's staying away from the boards, my guess is it has more to do with jocksniffing homo stalkers like you who won't stop sending them personal messages asking for naked pictures and used posing trunks to sniff. 

TRIPLE H's point was that you wouldn't say these ridiculously nasty things to their faces...  And he is correct...  The way people bad mouth the pro's on this board is a disgrace.  Obviously you have never competed. If you have, then POST A PIC>>

If you won't say it to a man face-2-face, then don't say it at all HIDING BEHIND A KEYBOARD..