Author Topic: where are all the McGregor haters today?  (Read 14101 times)

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
Re: where are all the McGregor haters today?
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2015, 07:14:07 AM »
So I'm confused??? Do MMA fighters not train year round? Do they just sit around doing nothing waiting for a call?  ???

I don't follow the sport, but I think it is stupid when people are saying that he "only had 2 weeks to train for fight". He is a PROFESSIONAL fighter. It is his profession. He should be ready to go at any notice.

If I am way off the mark here, just call me a dumbass and carry on.

mendes said himself that he could easily break conor mcgregor, he also said that he is ready year round, he stays ready year round and was happy like a child in christmas when he got the fight.

conor said that it doesn't matter who they put in front of him because if you're a true champion it shouldn't matter. Conor is the superior fighter, at least that night he was.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2015, 07:46:46 AM »
conors ego could never make weight no matter what the weight class

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2015, 08:23:49 AM »
I doubt that Mendes only had a 2 week camp....Dana probably has back-up fighters lined up in case someone withdraws.....These guys probably do a regular camp and wait for  a call...Mendes looked very fit and made weight...

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2015, 09:05:28 AM »
Lots of people like to talk about Aldo's black belt in BJJ. On paper, you would think that it could pose a problem for Conor.

What many people don't notice, is that Aldo does not have a submission victory in all of his fights with the WEC/UFC.

As people have pointed out earlier, Mendes beat Aldo to a pulp in the rematch, and McGregor is far more technical striker than Mendes.

Look for Aldo to work on McGregor's obvious weakness on the ground. Wouldn't be surprised to see a few submission attempts.

Depending on the outcome of that fight, we might begin to see a Jon Jones type advantage with Conor in the featherweight division.

Reach advantage is an awesome weapon for someone who uses it wisely.
It's probably the same "BJJ black belt" as the one owned by JDS, honorary maybe? I like McGregor, but as someone already said, all the trash talking is orchestrated, just like with Overeem and everyone else... I'd like to see him against the Korean Zombie, one of my top favorite fighters, when he returns from the military... But now Aldo next...

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2015, 10:11:47 AM »
I watched about 2 mins of this fight and it's pretty clear mendez was *sparring*

this kid will get smashed badly, unless aldo takes the money too :)
"

Elvis_McCartney

• Getbig II
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2015, 10:34:02 AM »
MacGregor looked like an amateur who's never taken a wrestling/BJJ class in his life. If Mendes doesn't take the payoff and stand in front of Mac waiting to get hit in the face, the Mac Hype Train is derailed to the tune of $20M dollars. Gee, why did Mendes seem so happy to lose after the fight.

you're joking right?  Mendes was just happy for a piece of the Pie bro.  $500,000 to show and PPV bonus made him millions.  I'd be happy to lose for that kind of money too.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2015, 11:23:34 AM »
looks like rory took another beating...

Champ Robbie Lawler: $300,000 (includes $150,000 win bonus)
def. Rory MacDonald: $59,000

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2015, 12:10:46 PM »
looks like rory took another beating...

Champ Robbie Lawler: $300,000 (includes $150,000 win bonus)
def. Rory MacDonald: $59,000
I saw that. Hopefully MacDonald's contract is up soon, so he can negotiate a nice raise. He should be getting at least 100K per fight.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2015, 12:47:39 PM »
i guess he did get fight of the night bonus or something like that he needs it for his rhinoplastic

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2015, 12:50:24 PM »
looks nasty... but lawlers face was half blue after the fight as well. Brutal fight!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2015, 01:03:56 PM »
i guess he did get fight of the night bonus or something like that he needs it for his rhinoplastic
Well, under the new Reebok deal, which began for UFC 189, MacDonald should have been paid 30,000 dollars as a title challenger.

Robbie got 40,000 from Reebok for being the champion.

That's obviously in addition to what they make per fight.

Edit: Just read that MacDonald is one of the few fighters that have signed individual sponsorships with Reebok. It says that fighters with an individual sponsorship, will be afforded an increased level of influence over their attire. That would include a custom walkout shirt among other things.

I'm assuming that Reebok would also give him a % of sales from his custom gear that is sold.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2015, 01:14:11 PM »
Full article on the Reebok deal with the UFC can be found here:http://www.the42.ie/ufc-reebok-deal-reaction-2088809-May2015/

Here is the basic pay breakdown:

The Reebok money will be distributed based on each fighter’s tenure with the UFC:

1-5 bouts — $2,500 per fight
6-10 bouts — $5,000 per fight
11-15 bouts — $10,000 per fight
16-20 bouts — $15,000 per fight
21 bouts or more — $20,000 per fight

Title challengers — $30,000 per title fight
Champions — $40,000 per fight

It also states that guys like McGregor, who have an individual deal with Reebok, will make much more than fighters who aren't individually sponsored.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2015, 02:00:16 PM »
Mendes was on paper the worst possible match up for Conor.

But look what happened. As they faced off in the octagon before the fight started. Conor said "let's see who takes a step back now", referring back to the weighings where he was held back by Dana. Watch Mendes demeanor completely change in less than a second. Conor won the fight right then and there.

BTW Conor is crazy. Just look at him in that fight. And complete disregard for the strikes from his opponent.

And who keeps fixing their hair in a fight, while stalking down your opponent.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2015, 02:05:01 PM »
looks nasty... but lawlers face was half blue after the fight as well. Brutal fight!

How on earth was Lawler losing that fight? Said he was down on all cards before the TKO. To me, only lost the 3rd, maybe 4th, but dominated one and two.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2015, 02:16:26 PM »
How on earth was Lawler losing that fight? Said he was down on all cards before the TKO. To me, only lost the 3rd, maybe 4th, but dominated one and two.

yeah maybe, but he fought with a broken nose the entire fight and couldn't breath mouth closed, in the 5th the pain was too much to handle and he went down from a jab.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2015, 02:25:14 PM »
yeah maybe, but he fought with a broken nose the entire fight and couldn't breath mouth closed, in the 5th the pain was too much to handle and he went down from a jab.

Exactly, because Robbie crushed him the first two rounds. Point was, judges had Lawler LOSING until the TKO, which is bullshit.

Totally lost third, bell saved him. and I'm fuzzy on the fourth, though I remember Rory pummeling him with elbows again early on. Forget if Robbie turned that one around.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2015, 02:29:56 PM »
Lawler vs Rory was Psychopath vs Psychopath.

They are both really awkward all the time and talk like naive children. Fucken weird people.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2015, 02:32:53 PM »
He is very well liked here in Ireland.

A number of my friends travelled to watch the fight.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2015, 02:47:07 PM »
They said that MacDonald also suffered a fractured foot to go along with the fractured nose  :-X

No wonder his body gave out.

Ugly, sometimes the judges don't go by visual damage given out.  It appears that MacDonald landed more significant strikes in the fight.

I'll give you a perfect example: Aldo vs. Mendes 2......... Mendes did far more visual punishment to Aldo, but Aldo had a big advantage in significant strikes landed. That's what led to Aldo winning by unanimous decision, even though his face looked like hamburger meat.

In this fight, both men were visually damaged, but Rory simply landed more.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2015, 07:27:22 PM »
rogan:

"he gets him down nicely done"

"beautiful shot by chad"

"beautiful right hand"

"can he pass the guard, yes he can
very bad position for conor"

"chad mendes looking for a guilotine"
"looking to trap the neck"

Everything you just wrote is true. But watch the fight again and listen to Rogan's voice. He didn't raise his voice once talking about all the things you listed above. As soon as McGregor did anything, Rogan voice was brought up to another level. He was downplaying with his voice everything Mendes did.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2015, 07:29:39 PM »
Fucked up that angle. So let's try another.

Why do the "fix" dummies even watch this shit? Same thing with the O - fuckers figure out all their CTs before the event even goes down, then use whatever sticks. What a boring, pointless existence.

And Donald Trump is a mole for the Dems 8)...

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2015, 07:30:46 PM »
Fucked up that angle. So let's try another.

Why do the "fix" dummies even watch this shit? Same thing with the O - fuckers figure out all their CTs before the event even goes down, then use whatever sticks. What a boring, pointless existence.

And Donald Trump is a mole for the Dems 8)and Mike OHearn is juiced to the gills...

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2015, 08:38:28 PM »
Everything you just wrote is true. But watch the fight again and listen to Rogan's voice. He didn't raise his voice once talking about all the things you listed above. As soon as McGregor did anything, Rogan voice was brought up to another level. He was downplaying with his voice everything Mendes did.

Ah, volume, tone, and inflection, well played.

You're really quite good at this.

Stan Diego

• Getbig III
  • A whales vagina
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2015, 08:48:49 PM »
They said that MacDonald also suffered a fractured foot to go along with the fractured nose  :-X

No wonder his body gave out.

Ugly, sometimes the judges don't go by visual damage given out.  It appears that MacDonald landed more significant strikes in the fight.

I'll give you a perfect example: Aldo vs. Mendes 2......... Mendes did far more visual punishment to Aldo, but Aldo had a big advantage in significant strikes landed. That's what led to Aldo winning by unanimous decision, even though his face looked like hamburger meat.

In this fight, both men were visually damaged, but Rory simply landed more.

worthless commentary. stop...

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2015, 02:53:01 AM »
so the fight was fixed and the evidence is the tone of joe rogans voice?