Author Topic: A question for dog lovers  (Read 3084 times)

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
Re: A question for dog lovers
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2015, 10:01:50 AM »
Look I get what your saying about leaving pups on the front porch and it wouldn't exactly been the way I'd do it but try being a younger man a going up to a 60y/o mans front porch in rural Texas and tell him just what you think about him leaving his pups on the front porch just after his dog of 7 years has been killed and see how it works out for you.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2015, 10:11:06 AM »
Look I get what your saying about leaving pups on the front porch and it wouldn't exactly been the way I'd do it but try being a younger man a going up to a 60y/o mans front porch in rural Texas and tell him just what you think about him leaving his pups on the front porch just after his dog of 7 years has been killed and see how it works out for you.

It's still fucking retarded. Where I live in the states, the following things are seen in my neighborhood regularly:

- fox
- coyote
- bobcat
- fisher cat
- mountain fucking lion
- bear
- eagle
- hawk

Any one of those are gonna drag off BT pups. Leaving them out is Just. Plain. Stupid. So the owner has to take some of the responsibility.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2015, 10:14:37 AM »
kill the Chow..

No, kill the owner and find the Chow a new home.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2015, 10:16:07 AM »
Another option is to capture the chow and drive it out to the country and let it free.

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2015, 10:17:27 AM »
It's still fucking retarded. Where I live in the states, the following things are seen in my neighborhood regularly:

- fox
- coyote
- bobcat
- fisher cat
- mountain fucking lion
- bear
- eagle
- hawk

Any one of those are gonna drag off BT pups. Leaving them out is Just. Plain. Stupid. So the owner has to take some of the responsibility.
understood but at this point in time do you say( hey bill your pretty fucking retarded leaving the dogs out like that) also it wasn't one of the pups it was his adult male

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2015, 10:19:17 AM »
Another option is to capture the chow and drive it out to the country and let it free.
not being a smart ass but wouldn't that be the same as killing it?  I was always under the impression domestic animals couldn't survive in the wild.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2015, 10:21:51 AM »
understood but at this point in time do you say( hey bill your pretty fucking retarded leaving the dogs out like that) also it wasn't one of the pups it was his adult male

You say it right before he goes and shoots his neighbor's idiot dog and starts a war that will likely leave all his dogs dead. If there are no police in this country, then "Bill" should ask himself if he's willing to go all in (like ESFitness) and start trading rounds with the other guy.

Otherwise, go parley with the neighbor and ask for compensation for the dog that his killed and take the fucking dogs inside. And tell the neighbor that the next time, he will shoot.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2015, 10:22:24 AM »

Haven't you heard how dogs can find their way back. That is a very cowardly thing to do, leave out there to die, c'mon. Would be better to flat out shoot it dead as cruel as that sounds.

anything happens to that chow, guess who the main suspect is here? Don't have to hire Columbo to figure that one out!
?

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2015, 10:32:28 AM »
You say it right before he goes and shoots his neighbor's idiot dog and starts a war that will likely leave all his dogs dead. If there are no police in this country, then "Bill" should ask himself if he's willing to go all in (like ESFitness) and start trading rounds with the other guy.

Otherwise, go parley with the neighbor and ask for compensation for the dog that his killed and take the fucking dogs inside. And tell the neighbor that the next time, he will shoot.
i don't think shooting the other dog was ever an option for " bill" not that kind of person.  Choke slamming the neighbor is a possibility though, I don't know the specifics on how he knew the chow did it but he's certain it did.  Won't have more specifics till later today.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2015, 10:33:41 AM »
The local humane society should be able to direct you, however, it probably falls under police jurisdiction. I would file a police report ASAP regardless so there's a record on file.  The owner will likely be fined for having a dog at large once it is apprehended.
[/quoteThis.]

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2015, 10:35:12 AM »
i don't think shooting the other dog was ever an option for " bill" not that kind of person.  Choke slamming the neighbor is a possibility though, I don't know the specifics on how he knew the chow did it but he's certain it did.  Won't have more specifics till later today.

Far be it for me to suggest that violence isn't sometimes the right answer. It is.

He needs to just watch his fucking six after he goes and does something all frothy.

I am a big believer in reserving violence for deadly-force, existential situations. And in those situations, I believe in precision and finality. The purpose isn't to start the fight, it's to end it.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2015, 10:43:03 AM »
I've known some tough as nails BTs. For their size, they can fight.

I guess now you know that the 1/4 mile isn't a magic fence.

My BT would latch the neck if any attacker and it's tough to get them to unlatch!  

Pups should be in the house!  

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2015, 10:48:37 AM »
My BT would latch the neck if any attacker and it's tough to get them to unlatch!  

Pups should be in the house!  
ok ok we can all agree the best place for the remaining 4 BTs is in the house.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2015, 02:52:34 PM »

- fox
- coyote
- bobcat
- fisher cat
- mountain fucking lion
- bear
- eagle
- hawk

Exactly , I live in the Bay Area and there are packs of coyotes who come into our yards so I don't even leave my adult rottie outside unattended

Both owners should kill themselves and give the dogs to a shelter

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2015, 03:12:57 PM »

Exactly , I live in the Bay Area and there are packs of coyotes who come into our yards so I don't even leave my adult rottie outside unattended

Both owners should kill themselves and give the dogs to a shelter
there are no bears, wild cats , Eagles, fisher cats( whatever the fuck that is) an coyotes are felt with in a manner that would make Michael Vick cringe so they're not coming anywhere near human dwellings.  But wild hogs on the other hand are possible but doubtful.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2015, 03:28:56 PM »
there are no bears, wild cats , Eagles, fisher cats( whatever the fuck that is) an coyotes are felt with in a manner that would make Michael Vick cringe so they're not coming anywhere near human dwellings.  But wild hogs on the other hand are possible but doubtful.

Fisher Cat

The neighbor's domestic feline took one of these bad-boys out. That cat has balls like church bells.

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2015, 03:42:27 PM »
Fisher Cat

The neighbor's domestic feline took one of these bad-boys out. That cat has balls like church bells.
Damn!!! That fucking thing looks evil

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2015, 03:52:45 PM »
you need to get yourself a nice presa, boerboel or dogo argentino if you've got that sort of roaming countryside. They won't take kindly to disrespect from any homo fisher cat...not at the drycleaners, not anywhere.

Yeah, when the Mountain Lion went through last year, all the dogs in the neighborhood got REAL quiet. My dogs practically jumped through the windows. I put the tracks at about 150 lbs.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2015, 04:02:22 PM »
Yeah, when the Mountain Lion went through last year, all the dogs in the neighborhood got REAL quiet. My dogs practically jumped through the windows. I put the tracks at about 150 lbs.

Wouldn't even put a Caucasian shepherd up against a mountain lion, those claws can majorly fuck your dog up

Bubba has a bad habit of trying to chase coyotes and in these parts if I shoot a pack attacking my dog I go to jail because PETA  ::)

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2015, 04:11:42 PM »
Fisher Cat

I remember when two were living around a pond next to me years ago. Signs went up all over town for missing cats, small dogs.  Two beheaded ducks were at my daughters bus stop.  Their primary prey is porcupine which they kill by attacking the face.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2015, 04:15:33 PM »
what dogs do you have?  both mine weigh over 165lbs and i'll sound like a retard here but it's a funny story. I'm positive there was a big cat on the loose where i live, (scotland). I was walking through the woods and fields with them both one day when they started acting really strange, like they knew something wasn't right.  i turned and seen what i thought was a large black dog on it's own further down the woods.

I shit myself and grabbed my dogs in case they attacked it, when i noticed it run away. the thing cleared the woods and the length of a field in record time, far quicker than a dog, so i chased after it a little and it looked a lot like a panther.

I spoke to someone else later who said they heard a really strange roar sound from that area too, so it really must have been a big cat. I went out at night the next few times with my dogs (and a K-bar lol) to look for it and get a good glimpse but could never see it again. Both times i went into the field though, my dogs were erratic as fuck, like they sensed something dangerous.

Haha! My 3 are all about 65 pounds. I have a boxer mix, a pointer mix and a husky mix. All rescues. All three weigh about as much as one of yours!

I would love to visit Scotland some day. Country looks gorgeous.

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2015, 02:51:23 AM »
Wouldn't even put a Caucasian shepherd up against a mountain lion, those claws can majorly fuck your dog up

Bubba has a bad habit of trying to chase coyotes and in these parts if I shoot a pack attacking my dog I go to jail because PETA  ::)
people there set up snares all around there land and when it catches a coyote they usually leave it to die of starvation and once it's dead and the corps is dried out they hang it on then fence line and that keep the other coyotes away

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2015, 06:17:50 PM »
people there set up snares all around there land and when it catches a coyote they usually leave it to die of starvation and once it's dead and the corps is dried out they hang it on then fence line and that keep the other coyotes away

I'd love to be able to do that, last week I chased my Rottie down a firebreak wearing sandals with a frickin AXE in my hand to make sure he wasn't about to be ambushed by the coyote pack

I'm actually thinking of getting a couple of chickens - then I can legally shoot the coyotes because they 'threatened my livestock' - the only technicality I can use in this pussified state

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2015, 01:08:10 AM »
Dogs are the most ridiculous pet.  Have a pet that doesn't make a sound and you're off to a good start.  Preferably a fish.  Watching people walk their dogs daily is quite entertaining though.  Especially when I see the owners picking up their shit.  Bravo ol' chums, bravo!
N