Author Topic: A question for dog lovers  (Read 3081 times)

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
A question for dog lovers
« on: July 14, 2015, 07:29:10 AM »
Say you live in a rural community and you own Boston Terriers one of which just had a litter of 3 pups and you come out this morning to find that a neighbors Chow who is never kept on a leash has killed one of your male terriers.  This community has no animal control and the neighbor at best just lets the dog run free and fend for himself so the animal is pretty much a stray.  What is an acceptable coarse of action towards the neighbor and the animal?

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Re: A question for dog lovers
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 07:42:01 AM »
I wouldn't actively go looking to kill the dog, but if it was on my property again, I'd consider putting it down humanely if possible. They are essentially letting it go feral, and that is a troublesome thing.

Barring that, if the dog is friendly to humans, driving it to a shelter a town or two over, wouldn't be a bad thing. Not the most legal thing probably, but :shrug:  :-\.

Europe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 07:46:24 AM »
Say you live in a rural community and you own Boston Terriers one of which just had a litter of 3 pups and you come out this morning to find that a neighbors Chow who is never kept on a leash has killed one of your male terriers.  This community has no animal control and the neighbor at best just lets the dog run free and fend for himself so the animal is pretty much a stray.  What is an acceptable coarse of action towards the neighbor and the animal?

kill the Chow..

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 07:49:09 AM »
I wouldn't actively go looking to kill the dog, but if it was on my property again, I'd consider putting it down humanely if possible. They are essentially letting it go feral, and that is a troublesome thing.

Barring that, if the dog is friendly to humans, driving it to a shelter a town or two over, wouldn't be a bad thing. Not the most legal thing probably, but :shrug:  :-\.
not particularly friendly to people but the owner of the terriers ropes so it can be apprehended without killing unless the horse kicks it.

Simple Simon

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 07:53:32 AM »
dogs will be dogs

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 07:53:49 AM »
kill the Chow..
was my first thought but you could end up on the evening news for animal cruelty in this day and age.

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 07:54:42 AM »
I hate shit like this. Dogs that in the end need to be dealt with simply because owners haven't bothered to teach it how to behave or have trained it to be bad.

I'd quite like you to give the owner a kicking.

Europe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 07:59:15 AM »
was my first thought but you could end up on the evening news for animal cruelty in this day and age.

Don't they have laws against unleashed dogs? kill the dog and say it was attacking your pups and you! Dog owners must learn somehow.

If a Mastiff or pitbull was attacking my cat I would kill it, aggressive dogs have no place in a civilized world!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 08:05:34 AM »
The local humane society should be able to direct you, however, it probably falls under police jurisdiction. I would file a police report ASAP regardless so there's a record on file.  The owner will likely be fined for having a dog at large once it is apprehended.
:

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2015, 08:09:56 AM »
Why would you leave a litter of pups and the mom outside unattended?

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 08:11:02 AM »

Kill his dog.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2015, 08:23:54 AM »
Kill his dog.

Only if you want it to escalate into a shooting war. Watched my dad almost get into a gunfight with a dude over a dog until my mom yanked the gun out of his belt and sent him to bed to sleep off the booze.

The ASPCA/Police seems a better route and take the fucking pups inside, ya dipshit.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2015, 08:27:35 AM »
I would kill it....or maybe the best course of action would be to watch john wick and get crazy!

bench

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2015, 08:30:41 AM »
Chow's are horrible animals...they turn on their owners just as much as they cause issues like this. I had a rottweiler try and attack my dogs on a walk a few weeks ago. I have two very very large but sweet dogs. Once they got over the initial shock of being attacked they resorted to instinct. Nobody got hurt but the guy and his piece of shit dog were reported to the cops and issued a fine for a dog off leash and the complex made em get rid of it. It was the rare time I was not carrying concealed.
L

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2015, 08:40:24 AM »
Chow's are horrible animals...they turn on their owners just as much as they cause issues like this. I had a rottweiler try and attack my dogs on a walk a few weeks ago. I have two very very large but sweet dogs. Once they got over the initial shock of being attacked they resorted to instinct. Nobody got hurt but the guy and his piece of shit dog were reported to the cops and issued a fine for a dog off leash and the complex made em get rid of it. It was the rare time I was not carrying concealed.
EXACTLY! chows are complete shit animals...they are the muslims of the dog world!

and weimaraners! they arent dangerous....but i feel that they are the dumbest breed of dog ever and shouldnt be bred..

bench

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2015, 08:42:07 AM »
Don't even consider doing anything to the dog....this is entirely the owners fault. If the police aren't willing to deal with it, then consider taking the dog and putting it in a shelter.
If you owned a gun and the thing was on your property again, then you would probably be justified in shooting it to be fair, but you'd be better off shooting the fucking owner.

I have a dog aggressive breed, but it's never off lead unless on private property with me along side it, and if it ever did actually attack another dog, i would take it to the vet and put it down, despite the fact that it would destroy me to have to do so...but sensible owners take precautions and make sure this shit doesn't happen.

What is the owner saying about it?
i believe there is a language barrier between the two owners unfortunately , so not a lot of communication. 

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2015, 08:43:17 AM »
and weimaraners! they arent dangerous....but i feel that they are the dumbest breed of dog ever and shouldnt be bred..

bench

LOL. The stupidity of the Weimaraner is only topped by the Dalmatian and the pigeon.

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2015, 08:43:33 AM »
Don't they have laws against unleashed dogs? kill the dog and say it was attacking your pups and you! Dog owners must learn somehow.

If a Mastiff or pitbull was attacking my cat I would kill it, aggressive dogs have no place in a civilized world!
im sure but your talking about a community of 700 people and the nearest big city is at least 50 miles away

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2015, 08:46:40 AM »
Why would you leave a litter of pups and the mom outside unattended?
things are different there , your nearest neighbor may be a 1/4 mile away and the guy has a walk around porch that his dogs stay on and there Boston Terriers , they are pretty much the sweetest breed of dog there is.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2015, 08:50:51 AM »
things are different there , your nearest neighbor may be a 1/4 mile away and the guy has a walk around porch that his dogs stay on and there Boston Terriers , they are pretty much the sweetest breed of dog there is.

I've known some tough as nails BTs. For their size, they can fight.

I guess now you know that the 1/4 mile isn't a magic fence.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2015, 08:52:21 AM »
LOL. The stupidity of the Weimaraner is only topped by the Dalmatian and the pigeon.

LOL!
?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2015, 09:19:14 AM »
Try County Animal Control.  Also small claims court could be an avenue.  Contact the Sheriff's office or whatever law enforcement in the area first.  Present your case as a danger to yourself, family as well as property and dogs.  Something can certainly be done about this.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2015, 09:21:42 AM »
Dog chow.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2015, 09:23:13 AM »
I would kill it....or maybe the best course of action would be to watch john wick and get crazy!

bench
What a great movie." Hes the boogie man?" "No,hes who you send to kill the boogie man"best line ever.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2015, 09:33:24 AM »
you come out this morning to find that a neighbors Chow who is never kept on a leash has killed

Come out to find?  Has killed?

As in: none of this was witnessed?  How so certain?  You'd want to know it wasn't a fox or something before banging the neighbor's door down or hurting their dog.  

And yeah, who leaves a newborn litter outside when they've seen the neighbor's dog roaming around?