Author Topic: Patron Silver tequila and deadlifting  (Read 4895 times)

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
Patron Silver tequila and deadlifting
« on: July 15, 2015, 02:18:07 AM »
funny shit.
For tequila fans, how good is this one? Judging by price it has to be a good stuff.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
Re: Patron Silver tequila and deadlifting
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 03:31:15 AM »
Patron is great stuff... Smooth... Just not when your working out  ::)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 05:26:59 AM »
Why are those nitwits slamming a shot down of fine liquor? If you like it then you should taste it to enjoy it. You can slam down a lot cheaper stuff if you find the taste is so offensive you have to down it.

milone79

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 05:32:49 AM »
so stupid....powerlifter Chris Duffin started this with his whiskey and deadlifts now these two ass clowns are doing their own version? what a stupid joke....alcohol and weight lifting don't mix!

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 07:16:34 AM »
Can u post a link cant access on fone
A

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 08:19:05 AM »
Patron is all marketing. Not considered decent tequila among tequila drinkers. It's ok, but higher priced than it deserves

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 08:33:10 AM »
Patron is rubbish. Terrible tequila. One of the best marketing scams in U.S. history.

Don Julio is 10x better and cost less. 
a

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 08:36:50 AM »
Patron is rubbish. Terrible tequila. One of the best marketing scams in U.S. history.

Don Julio is solid. My favorite is Don Julio 1942

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2015, 08:39:42 AM »
Don Julio is solid. My favorite is Don Julio 1942

:D That 1942 is $$$ and very tasty but I do like an occasional shot. No salt. No lime. The Don Julio Anejo is my frequent choice.
a

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2015, 08:44:15 AM »
:D That 1942 is $$$ but I do like an occasional shot. No salt. No lime. The Don Julio Anejo is my frequent choice.

The anejo is good and my day to day. The 1942 I buy about every 3 weeks and it lasts about that long. I never use salt, lime or ice, just sip from a small brandy snifter designed for tequila  

Costco sells the 1942 for $89.00 about $20 cheaper than the usual places

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2015, 08:56:08 AM »
Patron is all marketing. Not considered decent tequila among tequila drinkers. It's ok, but higher priced than it deserves

Thank you!  Patron is for the people who don't know tequila.  Might as well be drinking Sambuca and Rose's lime.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2015, 12:24:36 PM »
Don Julio and Don Eduardo are good...

Lots of good one's out there that wont break the bank (Casa Noble Crystal, etc)...

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2015, 12:57:09 PM »
People think Patron is decent simply because that is what the marketing ploy wants them to think.  Add a medium price to it and tweenagers think they are getting the good shit.  (Usually the same people that think that the vodka in the skull bottle is "awesome" too).

After you get out of the $40-$60 price range, the differences in tequila are so subtle you can't even taste them, let alone appreciate them unless you drink it 100% straight, slightly chilled (no ice).  Once you start diluting it with water or other crap, you might as well be drinking Ho-Ho-MessyCo brand of tequila.

I received a couple of bottles of Gran Centenario gran reserva anejo a few years ago from one of our vendors.  These go for about $200-$450 per bottle.  Taste?  Ehh.   Nothing to brag about.   Went through one bottle and ended up doing cinnamon marg shots with the last half of the bottle.  The other bottle is simply setting on my bar now unopened for no other reason that the bottle looks really cool.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2015, 12:57:21 PM »
Like others have said patron is overrated and marketing at its best. its not a bad tequila at all, but for the price there are better like peligroso, agavales and don Julio are just some

For cheaper ones el padrino, legado and cazul are not bad either

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2015, 01:00:10 PM »
:D That 1942 is $$$ and very tasty but I do like an occasional shot. No salt. No lime. The Don Julio Anejo is my frequent choice.

The anejo is good and my day to day. The 1942 I buy about every 3 weeks and it lasts about that long. I never use salt, lime or ice, just sip from a small brandy snifter designed for tequila   

Ever try Clase Azul Reposado ?.....nom, nom, nom, and less money.

herefortheglitter

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2015, 01:34:30 PM »

I have my eye on the 1942 for my anniversary this year. Don Julio is so much better than Patron.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2015, 02:07:24 PM »

Ever try Clase Azul Reposado ?.....nom, nom, nom, and less money.

Yes, had some about a month ago in Playa Del Carmen.. It was smooth but just a touch on the sweet side for me.
I've been wanting to try the Herradura Sececcion Suprema for awhile now, but can't bring myself to spend $300 on a bottle of Tequila. Finally got hold of some from a brother in law. For me it was too sweet and I ended up going back to Don Julio 1942 for the rest of the evening. It's all about personal preference at that point. I like Jose Cuervo Familia Reserva a couple times a year. I get it for around $109 a bottle and it has a very oaky taste, almost overpowering which is why I drink it sparingly. 

herefortheglitter

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2015, 02:27:41 PM »
Yes, had some about a month ago in Playa Del Carmen.. It was smooth but just a touch on the sweet side for me.
I've been wanting to try the Herradura Sececcion Suprema for awhile now, but can't bring myself to spend $300 on a bottle of Tequila. Finally got hold of some from a brother in law. For me it was too sweet and I ended up going back to Don Julio 1942 for the rest of the evening. It's all about personal preference at that point. I like Jose Cuervo Familia Reserva a couple times a year. I get it for around $109 a bottle and it has a very oaky taste, almost overpowering which is why I drink it sparingly. 

Question: When you buy the 1942, do you buy it online or in a retail store? I know I can buy it here but just curious...

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2015, 02:30:40 PM »
Question: When you buy the 1942, do you buy it online or in a retail store? I know I can buy it here but just curious...

retail Costco store

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2015, 02:31:52 PM »
didnt know getbig had so many mexicans

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2015, 02:33:41 PM »
I rarely drink Tequila.

Shit gets me mad drunk.

Don Julio is good stuff.

8)

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2015, 02:37:25 PM »
i never drink it, but then i dont eat chilaquiles, watch lucha libre, take siestas, wear a sombrero or listen to mariachi either.

herefortheglitter

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2015, 02:44:17 PM »
i never drink it, but then i dont eat chilaquiles, watch lucha libre, take siestas, wear a sombrero or listen to mariachi either.

I am not Mexican, but chilaquiles are amazing haha

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2015, 03:33:20 PM »
I'm not Mexican, but I love the food and good tequila..

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2015, 04:36:51 PM »

Totalwine.com also sells it for 81.00