Author Topic: Being Impatient??  (Read 2664 times)

allornothing86

• Getbig II
Being Impatient??
« on: July 16, 2015, 09:58:56 PM »
Hey guys, quick question. I'm currently on Week 7 of 500mg TestCyp & 300mg Deca EW. Now my question is am I being impatient, reason being is I've had absolutely no strength gains. Bench, Squats, Military Press, nothings really gone up in weight. I only ask becuase I've ran one other cycle of 500mg TestCyp & 600mg EQ 4 years ago, and by Week 5 I was really noticing the strength. 28 now, 6'1", 212Lbs at 15%BF. Anyways if I'm being a tool my bad. Just curious thoughts.

ritch

• Getbig V
Re: Being Impatient??
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 10:01:16 PM »
by now you should be feeling it. I would not expect much from that deca dose though.
?

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 10:11:20 PM »
Could be diet or training related

allornothing86

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 10:23:38 PM »
Training 5-6 days a week, 3 workouts per muscle group 4 sets X 6-8 reps sometimes pyramid 12,10,8,6 for reps.

Eating like 2500-3000 Cals a day, 40-50% protein, 40% carbs, rest fats.

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 11:14:29 PM »
Training 5-6 days a week, 3 workouts per muscle group 4 sets X 6-8 reps sometimes pyramid 12,10,8,6 for reps.

That doesn't mean anything
2500-3000 is a HUGE spread

I recommend you go back to basics
Eat so that you're gaining 1lb a week. If you're not, increase calories by 5%
Don't just fucking guess
Start at high reps on all exercises, add 5lb a week on all of them until you're in the 6RM range then recycle

This is basic shit
Don't just go in blind with no plan

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 01:28:20 AM »
did you expect to gain any muscle or strength on 2500-3000? kcals? lol

most people cut on that

i cut on these calories, on 3x as much gear and lose weight and strength like a mofo

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 01:34:27 AM »
That doesn't mean anything
2500-3000 is a HUGE spread

I recommend you go back to basics
Eat so that you're gaining 1lb a week. If you're not, increase calories by 5%
Don't just fucking guess
Start at high reps on all exercises, add 5lb a week on all of them until you're in the 6RM range then recycle

This is basic shit
Don't just go in blind with no plan

you give some good advice here but 500cal is not a huge spread, that could change from training to non training day. But total cals here are just laughable. I thought since he gained on the first cycle, he had a better idea about this, so I didN't get into it, nor do I plan to. If someone does not know how to eat at this point, it's too much work to show them properly. And even if you do, they don't do it, so the hell with it...
?

Weedlejuice

• Getbig III
  • Be the very best, like no one ever was.
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 07:17:29 AM »
Hey guys, quick question. I'm currently on Week 7 of 500mg TestCyp & 300mg Deca EW. Now my question is am I being impatient, reason being is I've had absolutely no strength gains. Bench, Squats, Military Press, nothings really gone up in weight. I only ask becuase I've ran one other cycle of 500mg TestCyp & 600mg EQ 4 years ago, and by Week 5 I was really noticing the strength. 28 now, 6'1", 212Lbs at 15%BF. Anyways if I'm being a tool my bad. Just curious thoughts.

I'm only 4 days into a test deca dbol stack and i'm experiencing strength gains and crazy pump's already.

more noticeable since i'm flipping out of a harsh keto diet but I've always felt dbol doing its job from day 1 every time I've used it and usually have to stop around 3 weeks in once the deca bloat kicks in.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2015, 07:43:51 AM »
Should have included an oral

allornothing86

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2015, 08:10:38 AM »
To the statement that I'm not getting enough calories,  your probably  right. I've played alot with how many calories I can consume for best results. I felt that was a good range.  When I did my first cycle I was a bit of an idiot who barely ate and didn't eat same healthy foods consistently.  I made greats gains in strength and size though. Maybe just being older I need more calories.  I eat clean and consistent now though.  But I'll take your advice and start upping my calories to see if it helps.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2015, 08:17:47 AM »
I think what happened is you gained weight from the previous cycle, the caloric range you used before worked as you weighed less. When you gain mass, it takes yet again more cals to move up to the next level. Huge pain in the ass, but gotta do it.
?

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2015, 08:21:05 AM »
you need to have your diet dialed in, eat too little = no growth, no strength, maybe a bit of recomposition but a waste of time, money and health really.
dont supply your body with an abundance of what it needs to grow = no growth, simple as that really. AAS dont change that, even if they of course shift your protein/nitrogen balance towards retention

of course this goes out of the window for gym noobs, muscle memory and growing into contest conditions...
but for the average gym rat:

no surplus of calories = no (worthwhile) growth

allornothing86

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2015, 08:32:19 AM »
Appreciate the information guys.

equipoise

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2015, 11:24:35 AM »
you need to have your diet dialed in, eat too little = no growth, no strength, maybe a bit of recomposition but a waste of time, money and health really.
dont supply your body with an abundance of what it needs to grow = no growth, simple as that really. AAS dont change that, even if they of course shift your protein/nitrogen balance towards retention

of course this goes out of the window for gym noobs, muscle memory and growing into contest conditions...
but for the average gym rat:

no surplus of calories = no (worthwhile) growth

What caloric surplus would you recommend? I want to bulk again but I don't want to become a fatass lol

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2015, 12:32:56 PM »
What caloric surplus would you recommend? I want to bulk again but I don't want to become a fatass lol
well, hard to tell. more AAS kind of change your metabolism of course. about +500 to begin with, then see how much you gain from that.

just aim for 1-2 lbs weight gain a week (the first week you might gain 5-6lbs though coming from a cut)...
if you retain a good deal of glycogen and water you can go with 2lbs a week, if not then rather 1 lb a week

at least thats how i do it, 1-2lbs a week gain is always reasonably lean weight imo. at least on AAS.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2015, 05:15:21 PM »
This board is pretty funny. When I used to lurk a few years ago, guys like Galeniko & no one posted countless threads about how little one had to eat to get big & ripped. Now it's the opposite

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2015, 09:30:10 PM »

[/quote

that ends up being a lot of protein.
?

equipoise

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2015, 11:06:04 PM »
well, hard to tell. more AAS kind of change your metabolism of course. about +500 to begin with, then see how much you gain from that.

just aim for 1-2 lbs weight gain a week (the first week you might gain 5-6lbs though coming from a cut)...
if you retain a good deal of glycogen and water you can go with 2lbs a week, if not then rather 1 lb a week

at least thats how i do it, 1-2lbs a week gain is always reasonably lean weight imo. at least on AAS.

I recently tried an experiment where I cut my protein intake by more than half (down to about 100ish grams) and ate much less in general. But I upped the tren. I found that I still grew. I think it's that feed efficiency thing that happens with tren. I'm not sure if it occurs with other AAS. I also tried eating less on NPP and found that I could still grow. I think the nandrolones are actually really good muscle builders with some recomping effects

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2015, 01:53:25 AM »
thats because tren actually lowers protein synthesis

yes, you read that right
tren lowers both protein synthesis AND protein breakdown... just protein breakdown to a much higher degree.

test (and most other AAS afaik) does the opposite, it actually increases both synthesis AND breakdown too.

there are conflicting studies on tren regarding that topic btw, but from what i read this theory makes sense. maybe because it also lowers t3

not sure if much protein is actually needed honestly. if your total carbs are way high you probably dont need much protein at all.
however i still eat around 250-300g each day.
id rather err on the cautious side here...
plus i need 50g protein per meal anyway to feel any kind of satiety lol

skalpa

• Getbig I
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2015, 10:14:19 AM »
you give some good advice here but 500cal is not a huge spread, that could change from training to non training day. But total cals here are just laughable. I thought since he gained on the first cycle, he had a better idea about this, so I didN't get into it, nor do I plan to. If someone does not know how to eat at this point, it's too much work to show them properly. And even if you do, they don't do it, so the hell with it...

i know this is completely off topic but this^ is exactly why i joined this board, no bullshit... not expected to hold the OP's hand through their diet and training. tell it how it is. i say this same shit on other boards i was a member of and id be flamed lol

to the op, youre 212lb currently and your trying to gain at 2500-3000 cals!? im down to 180lbs right now cutting at 5'6" on those same total calories. you should be eating considerably more. get a food scale if you dont have one already and weigh out your food. im amazed at how many people dont weigh out what they eat

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2015, 05:23:33 PM »

Eat a certain number of calories
Wait a week
If you don't add 0.5kg of mass, then add 5%, wait another week

Starting to breathe a bit heavy? New girl think you're playing with yourself when you ring her on the phone? Add in 20 minutes of brisk walking once a week and wait 2 weeks. If there is not a difference, add in another 20 minutes on another day

Little, progressive adjustments

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2015, 09:45:11 PM »

If bulking...Cut down days of the week you're training (4, 5 at MOST).. Cut down the time of your workouts 1 hour 10 minutes at MOST.. Up intensity of the workouts, and lift HEAVIER with good form. Test cyp is longer ester than enth and slightly harder to brew and make. To notice cyp if you have realistic expectations you shouldn't really be feeling anything at all other than slight libido and pumps in the first 3 weeks.. once that 4-5 week marker hits is when you'll usually start to feel better and experience better gym time...Lots of first cycle is placebo for the record..Will ift alot of weights you didn't bother lifting before because you weren't confident enough and you'll pay homage to the gear when in reality it's just your placebo ramping you up..