Author Topic: Trump attacks Vietnam POW's- Everyone Piles on Dissing Trump  (Read 33249 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
And... Trump just stepped in shit.  The same repubs that had him #1 last week will be hatin' on him next week like it never happened.  

Donald Trump might finally have crossed the line.

Appearing on Saturday at the Family Leadership Summit in Ames, Iowa, the real estate mogul took his running feud with Arizona Sen. John McCain to a new level.

“He was a war hero because he was captured,” Trump said. “I like people who weren’t captured.”

The remark, which came after days of back-and-forth between McCain and Trump, was met with scattered boos.

McCain, a former Navy pilot, spent roughly five-and-half years in a notorious North Vietnamese prison known as the “Hanoi Hilton,” where he was repeatedly tortured. He spent two of those years in solitary confinement.

Trump received four student deferments from military service between 1964 and 1968.

Republicans quickly distanced themselves from Trump’s remarks.

“Advice to @realDonaldTrump: Apologize for this pronto. Otherwise beginning of end,” Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol, who is close to McCain, tweeted.
“John McCain is an American hero. I have nothing but respect for his service to our country,” tweeted Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/trump-attacks-mccain-i-like-people-who-werent-captured-120317.html#ixzz3gGKF2exo

Trump attacks McCain: 'I like people who weren't captured'

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/trump-attacks-mccain-i-like-people-who-werent-captured-120317.html#ixzz3gGK2YXRg

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: Liberal attacks Vietnam POW's: 'I like people who weren't captured'
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 12:38:17 PM »
Not surprisingly, it's the #1 story on all the liberal news websites.

So let's review...

Trump "declares" for the prez race.  
First off, he NEVER releases his financial documents.
He turns anti-amnesty into racism, as far as BOTH the RNC and DNC are concerned.
He makes Jeb look like a wimp, Rubio look like a coward, everyone else look scared and predictable.
He doesn't spend a penny, yet ensures he'll be able to be a massively paid $ speaker in the future.
He insults veterans, giving everyone a chance to rally behind the troops, and in turn, another war.
He *coming soon?* graciously bows out or becomes irrelevant just in time for the debates to begin.

Does anyone STILL think Trump wasn't a liberal plant all along?  I called it in 2011, on getbig.  He makes the GOP brand look like shit, then quietly skip away giggling.  All while repubs cheer for him.  Unreal.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 01:00:49 PM »
Meh.

Pretty much every single person I know despises John McCain.

If anything this will bump his poll numbers up another point or 2.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 02:43:43 PM »
Meh.

Pretty much every single person I know despises John McCain.

If anything this will bump his poll numbers up another point or 2.

mccain is a shithead RINO, but this quote is going to hurt trump.  the whole party is kneepadding him, but he was immediately booed for this.  Top story on most media now. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 02:52:25 PM »
mccain is a shithead RINO, but this quote is going to hurt trump.  the whole party is kneepadding him, but he was immediately booed for this.  Top story on most media now. 

McCain has been resting on his laurels for far too long.

People are being tired of being reminded how he was a prisoner 40+ years ago every single time McCain decides to sell the country down the river.

The key for Trump will be separating the statement directed towards McCain with the rest of the POWs.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 04:40:56 PM »

People are being tired of being reminded how he was a prisoner 40+ years ago every single time McCain decides to sell the country down the river.

The key for Trump will be separating the statement directed towards McCain with the rest of the POWs.

Good post.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 07:04:51 PM »
Timing too suspect.  Trump doesn't want to release financials.  told everyone he was worth TEN billion yesterady, not 9 after all.   Most estimate him at 2 to 4 billion. 

He's a liberal troll, looking for the door when financials are due. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 07:09:39 PM »
Funny how the RNC stayed out of all the other military bashing... just shows up for this one ;)
Also, the RNC and GOP have attacked Trump more than Obama in 2015.  Think about that ;) ;)

RNC Condemns Donald Trump's Remarks About John McCain

Source: TPM

Reacting swiftly to Donald Trump's disparaging remarks Saturday about Sen. John McCain's war service, the Republican National Committee issued a statement saying there was "no place in our party or our country" for such comments.

"Senator McCain is an American hero because he served his country and sacrificed more than most can imagine. Period," said Sean Spicer, the RNC's chief strategist and communications director. "There is no place in our party or our country for comments that disparage those who have served honorably.”

The RNC's rebuke came after Trump made the comments during an appearance in Iowa at the Family Leader Summit, where many of the GOP presidential contenders were in attendance.

Trump said McCain "is a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren't captured."

-snip-

Read more: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/rnc-condemns-donald-trump-s-remarks-about-john-mccain

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2015, 08:01:48 PM »
And... Trump just stepped in shit.  The same repubs that had him #1 last week will be hatin' on him next week like it never happened. 

Donald Trump might finally have crossed the line.

Appearing on Saturday at the Family Leadership Summit in Ames, Iowa, the real estate mogul took his running feud with Arizona Sen. John McCain to a new level.

“He was a war hero because he was captured,” Trump said. “I like people who weren’t captured.”

The remark, which came after days of back-and-forth between McCain and Trump, was met with scattered boos.

McCain, a former Navy pilot, spent roughly five-and-half years in a notorious North Vietnamese prison known as the “Hanoi Hilton,” where he was repeatedly tortured. He spent two of those years in solitary confinement.

Trump received four student deferments from military service between 1964 and 1968.

Republicans quickly distanced themselves from Trump’s remarks.

“Advice to @realDonaldTrump: Apologize for this pronto. Otherwise beginning of end,” Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol, who is close to McCain, tweeted.
“John McCain is an American hero. I have nothing but respect for his service to our country,” tweeted Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/trump-attacks-mccain-i-like-people-who-werent-captured-120317.html#ixzz3gGKF2exo

Trump attacks McCain: 'I like people who weren't captured'

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/trump-attacks-mccain-i-like-people-who-werent-captured-120317.html#ixzz3gGK2YXRg

How many times was McCain shot down or ditched his plane?  Captured?  Ha!  They just probably stood by with a butterfly net.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2015, 09:43:04 PM »

How many times was McCain shot down or ditched his plane?  Captured?  Ha!  They just probably stood by with a butterfly net.

Mccain was a very poor pilot.
John McCain crashed five US Navy planes, and that's on the record.
ANd he was in the bottom 1% of his class in school, right?

But you know what - he served his country.  He did more than the shitbird chickenhawks shitting on him, or the ones shitting on Kerry for his questionable injury (ricocet he started when startled?)

DOES NOT MATTER - they were on foreign soil, risking their life and limb.  So even if mccain was a shit pilot - he was still a hero, and a bigger hero than anyone shitting on him, like Trump or the RINOs.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2015, 06:52:04 AM »
They're piling on now.

Hillary Clinton slams Trump over criticism of McCain

NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — At a state Democratic fundraising dinner here Saturday night, Hillary Rodham Clinton took sharp aim at Donald Trump and his Republican opponents, singling out the real estate mogul on his comments disparaging Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) over his military record.

"There's nothing funny about the hate he is spewing at immigrants and their families and now the insults he has directed at a genuine war hero, Sen. John McCain," she said. Clinton said it was "shameful" that it took Trump's GOP opponents so long to "stand up to him," mostly referring to Trump's comments on immigrants.

Trump spoke at a Republican fundraising dinner about an hour's drive away in Hot Springs on Friday night.

"Last night the new Republican front-runner was here in Arkansas — yes Donald Trump. Finally, a candidate whose hair gets more attention than mine," quipped Clinton.

-snip-

Read more: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2015/07/18/hillary-clinton-slams-trump-over-mccain-comments/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Oh, look, Perry has something to say after 3 weeks.  Piling on.

Rick Perry Calls On Donald Trump To Withdraw From The Presidential Race

Real-estate magnate Donald Trump's latest comments were a bridge too far for many top Republican presidential rivals. And at least one candidate wants him out of the race.

Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) said Trump should be disqualified from running for president.

"His attack on veterans make him unfit to be Commander-in-Chief of the US Armed Forces, and he should immediately withdraw from the race for President," Perry said in a statement.

At an event in Iowa on Saturday, Trump raised eyebrows for criticizing Sen. John McCain's (R-Arizona) military service and status as a prisoner of war in Vietnam.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-mccain-rick-perry-jeb-bush-2015-7

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: Trump attacks Vietnam POW's- Everyone Piles on Dissing Trump
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2015, 06:56:21 AM »

Trump Says He Heroically Avoided Capture in Vietnam by Staying in U.S.

AMES, IOWA (The Borowitz Report)—Presidential candidate Donald Trump revealed a little-known episode of personal heroism from his youth on Saturday, telling an Iowa audience that he narrowly avoided capture in Vietnam by remaining in the United States for the duration of the war.

“The Cong were after me,” Trump said, visibly stirred by the memory. “And then, just in the nick of time, I got my deferment.”

The former reality-show star said he had never shared his record as a war hero before because “I don’t like to boast.”

He said that he only disclosed the episode now because “the way this nation treats our deferment veterans is a disgrace.”

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/trump-says-he-heroically-avoided-capture-in-vietnam-by-staying-in-u-s
Satire, of course

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2015, 02:20:40 PM »
if there is a god he won't slip enough in the polls to be excluded from at least the first FOX debate.
it will be priceless entertainment and the comedy gods should not deprive us of that fun.
w

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2015, 04:30:00 PM »
Not surprisingly, it's the #1 story on all the liberal news websites.

So let's review...

Trump "declares" for the prez race.  
First off, he NEVER releases his financial documents.
He turns anti-amnesty into racism, as far as BOTH the RNC and DNC are concerned.
He makes Jeb look like a wimp, Rubio look like a coward, everyone else look scared and predictable.
He doesn't spend a penny, yet ensures he'll be able to be a massively paid $ speaker in the future.
He insults veterans, giving everyone a chance to rally behind the troops, and in turn, another war.
He *coming soon?* graciously bows out or becomes irrelevant just in time for the debates to begin.

Does anyone STILL think Trump wasn't a liberal plant all along?  I called it in 2011, on getbig.  He makes the GOP brand look like shit, then quietly skip away giggling.  All while repubs cheer for him.  Unreal.

please don't tell me you actually believe that horseshit

was Trump a liberal plant when he wasn't running for POTUS and ranting and raving about Obama's birth certificate?

who planted him and why?

does he strike you as the kind of guy who going carry water for someone else (i.e. your "plant" theory)

I'll tell you one thing though.  Your list certainly provide weight to the premise the Trump in not really running for POTUS

It's just a big goof to this guy and it keeps his fat face in front of a camera 24/7 which is what he truly loves

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2015, 06:51:12 PM »

People are being tired of being reminded how he was a prisoner 40+ years ago
every single time McCain decides to sell the country down the river.

Shouldn't he be front and center in solving all the veteran's issues?  Shouldn't all those issues be solved by now?  He has had decades to work on them.  McCain is not an impressive figure by any measure.  Trump went there!  ;D

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2015, 07:05:06 PM »
Shouldn't he be front and center in solving all the veteran's issues?  Shouldn't all those issues be solved by now?  He has had decades to work on them.  McCain is not an impressive figure by any measure.  Trump went there!  ;D

You ain't seen nothing yet!

If he can weather the storm of this little controversy and still be right up there at the top of the pack it will embolden him even more.  8)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2015, 05:30:40 AM »
You ain't seen nothing yet!

If he can weather the storm of this little controversy and still be right up there at the top of the pack it will embolden him even more.  8)

I confess I enjoyed watching that.  But seriously, it's not as if McCain has not had enough time to dig into the shortcomings of the VA and address them.  Bush/Cheney didn't respect Kerry's record so why should anyone genuflect before McCain's service?  Again, he is not an impressive figure and we dodged a bullet by escaping a McCain presidency.

Go Trump!  :D

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2015, 11:20:03 AM »
Kerry was and is a bitch and a fraud. But as for the rest...McCain hasnt done enough, none of them have. Its either because they don't care...which I don' think is the case, or that the VA is soooo fucked up it can't be fixed.
L

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2015, 11:38:17 AM »
Kerry was and is a bitch and a fraud. But as for the rest...McCain hasnt done enough, none of them have. Its either because they don't care...which I don' think is the case, or that the VA is soooo fucked up it can't be fixed.

Link?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2015, 12:41:38 PM »
The Teflon Don!!!

New poll finds some good news for Donald Trump after his attack on John McCain

Real-estate developer Donald Trump is being criticized left and right for disparaging Sen. John McCain's (R-Arizona) military record, but the controversy has yet to affect his standing in the polls.

A new Monmouth University poll of GOP voters in Iowa, released Monday, found Trump in second place with 13% of the vote — behind only Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker's (R) 22%.

Trump already surged to first place in a number of national polls, but he has lagged a bit in Iowa. Accordingly, his second-place showing here doesn't represent a drop.

However, what's even more interesting is that the pollster said there was no difference between Trump's support before and after last weekend's controversy. Trump initially claimed at an event in Iowa that McCain, who was held captive for more than five years during the Vietnam War, was not a war hero. He quickly reversed himself, but the comment still ignited a media firestorm.

"Trump's statement about John McCain’s status as a war hero, made Saturday morning at the Family Leadership Summit in Ames, IA, generated almost universal backlash from his rivals," the Monmouth write-up of the poll said, "but does not seem to have had an immediate impact on his support among Hawkeye State Republicans."

The statement continued: "In interviews conducted Thursday and Friday, Trump garnered 13% of the vote to 19% for Walker. This is only slightly different than results from the Saturday and Sunday interviews, which put Trump at 13% to 25% for Walker."

Of course, it might be too soon to conclude that Trump's presidential campaign will escape unscathed from the controversy. The poll's sample size of voters aware of Trump's remarks was likely relatively small, and the media fallout is ongoing.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2015, 01:25:19 PM »
Link?

I apologize that you had no idea Kerry existed before 2004 but he was my Senator for years. The man had himself filmed doing shit in Vietnam. He also joined the Navy and particularly got himself assigned to that job and unit because at the time he picked it, they had a vastly different mission in Vietnam. That mission changed and Ol Johnny boy found himself in the shit. He was not well liked by his crews. He was not well liked by his fellow vets. He's not well liked by this generation of vets either. But again, your limited knowledge on just about anything precludes you from realizing this. I suggest you find your own fucking link.
L

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2015, 02:33:22 PM »
I apologize that you had no idea Kerry existed before 2004 but he was my Senator for years.
I forgive you.

The man had himself filmed doing shit in Vietnam. He also joined the Navy and particularly got himself assigned to that job and unit because at the time he picked it, they had a vastly different mission in Vietnam. That mission changed and Ol Johnny boy found himself in the shit. He was not well liked by his crews. He was not well liked by his fellow vets. He's not well liked by this generation of vets either. But again, your limited knowledge on just about anything precludes you from realizing this. I suggest you find your own fucking link.

So Kerry served but he is generally disliked.

I guess you have to have charisma, if you want your service to matter. Hard-hitting argument as always HH6.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2015, 05:14:55 PM »
Latinos Love Trump: Donald Trounces Bush In Silver State

Media outlets and GOP hopefuls alike were quick to pounce on Donald Trump for claiming he would win the Latino vote in an interview with NBC. But according to a new poll by Gravis Marketing, Nevada “Latinos love Trump,” as the 2016 presidential candidate and billionaire mogul claimed.

Donald Trump is way out in front of his rivals at 27.7 percent, with Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, who recently announced, in second with 15 percent. In third, Dr. Ben Carson enjoys 7.8 percent with Jeb Bush a point behind at 6.8 percent. Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, a Cuban-American, rounds out the top five with 5.4 percent.

“We see a significant change in Nevada from the last poll we conducted,” said Doug Kaplan, President of Gravis Marketing. “Trump is taking the oxygen out of the room. He is taking votes from Bush and Cruz.”

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush had some harsh words for fellow Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump regarding his rhetoric on illegal immigration. Bush has repeatedly claimed that Trump’s rhetoric will turn off Hispanic voters in the general election. However, according to Gravis Marketing, which enjoys an A- rating on the PPD Pollster Scorecard, Bush’s claims are off base, at least in the Silver State.

When Hispanics are polled in general, Trump’s support jumps to 31.4 percent, higher than his overall performance of 27.7 percent. The only other candidate to receive double digit support from Hispanic voters is Scott Walker with 11.4 percent.

“The strong showing by Donald Trump can’t be ignored,” says Robert Herring, Sr., CEO of One America News Network, who commissioned the poll. “Trump is clearly resonating with voters and, at least in Nevada, his 20 percent lead over Jeb Bush is commanding. Scott Walker, Ben Carson and Marco Rubio continue to poll well, yet it’s still early in the campaign process with over 20% of the Republicans polled still undecided.”

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2015, 06:08:57 PM »
I apologize that you had no idea Kerry existed before 2004 but he was my Senator for years. The man had himself filmed doing shit in Vietnam. He also joined the Navy and particularly got himself assigned to that job and unit because at the time he picked it, they had a vastly different mission in Vietnam. That mission changed and Ol Johnny boy found himself in the shit. He was not well liked by his crews. He was not well liked by his fellow vets. He's not well liked by this generation of vets either. But again, your limited knowledge on just about anything precludes you from realizing this. I suggest you find your own fucking link.

You mention this as if it is supposed to be meaningful?  It isn't.  whork is right: pretty weak stuff you have here.  Try again.  :-X