Author Topic: how to train and run gear while sick  (Read 1098 times)

jb14972

• Getbig II
how to train and run gear while sick
« on: July 19, 2015, 04:31:44 AM »
what is everyone's thought on getting sick on cycle and training.
i started a blast and within one week got a sinus infection, i typically get 2-3 per year mostly caused by my terrible allergies.
started the blast with test e 1g and deca 1g anadrol at 50mg/d and was planning to step up the drol. i stopped taking the drol when i got sick and stopped training. then went to the doc 4 days later. been on antibiotics for about 3 days now and prednisone and i feel ok i would say 80-90%.

should i start back training and the drol or when?

FYI i compete in strength sports and i have a meet coming up in about 2 months

ritch

• Getbig V
Re: how to train and run gear while sick
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 04:43:21 AM »
sinus infections are not like the flu where you're on your ass. I've had to deal with them a lot in the past, especially when working in clubs. They tend to interfere with dopamine production ( I have no proof of this but my tyrosine never works when I have sinus infections) or my other stims really. So training is taken down a notch.

But stopping the orals was a good thing I'd say.
?

jb14972

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 06:26:08 AM »
yea im thinking i will stay off the orals until i finish the antibiotic and the prednisone. im going to wait another day or two to get back in the gym. i have asthma also and ended up with asthmatic bronchitis earlier this year. that fucking sucked! my asthma is brought on by my allergies.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 08:33:52 AM »
i never get sick really.. sometimes if i can feel the flu or something coming on ill stop training for 2-3 days (wouldnt be able to get in good workouts anyway and just going through the motions is a waste anyway), load up on anti oxidants and anti inflammatories (best use natural stuff and no "medicine"), get more sleep and after 2-3 days im ALWAYS 100% again...

working out while youre sick will just drag out the sickness for a week or two imo...

for me its like:
be sick + keep working out = you get your workouts in but for 1-2 weeks youre just at 80-90% at best
be sick + stop working out + do as above = 2-3 days and im back at 100%

jb14972

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 09:26:39 AM »
yea my main issue is that asthma and allergies make a small sinus infection last 2 plus weeks and 50% of the time it gets into my chest and i need breathing treatments and im sick for 3-4 weeks when that happens.
i hate it

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 12:11:16 PM »
Before lifting i used to get regular colds that went into sinusitis.
Now i very rarely get a cold, maybe once a year and it lasts like 4 days. I can still train fine but dont really feel like it.
The only time i got really sick since lifting was food poisoning in thailand.

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 09:08:44 PM »
what is everyone's thought on getting sick on cycle and training.
i started a blast and within one week got a sinus infection, i typically get 2-3 per year mostly caused by my terrible allergies.
started the blast with test e 1g and deca 1g anadrol at 50mg/d and was planning to step up the drol. i stopped taking the drol when i got sick and stopped training. then went to the doc 4 days later. been on antibiotics for about 3 days now and prednisone and i feel ok i would say 80-90%.

should i start back training and the drol or when?

FYI i compete in strength sports and i have a meet coming up in about 2 months

For future reference take the days off man..Listen to your body..