Author Topic: Over 45 training  (Read 409142 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Over 45 training
« Reply #150 on: August 03, 2015, 11:37:31 AM »
catching up long weekend fri/sat/sun was off work,,get big was down for a few days too  :P,,legs Saturday.beach sunday rich will know where I was relative to his town..get to that later..

legs back to good old basic heavy duty /sore for few days type workout

leg press warmed up sets....then did 6/7/7 plates side sets

squat narrow stance 275/315/365

front sqyat on v squat machine x2 3 plates and 3.5 per side

drops xtensions 205/190 10x10,220/190 10x10,repeat

hams
sldl..135/185/225/225
leg curls..did these a bit different like 21's for bi ceps ,,half reps top to mide ,then bottom position to mid,then full reps. 4-5 reps per portion ,,140 lbs on stack was enough..x2,final set did usual full reps was pumped could barely do due to pump,,

calves
seated calf raises heavier on these x5 worked up to 4 45's reps 20-10 low end

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #151 on: August 03, 2015, 11:51:10 AM »
your pictures are enough to show you are not suited to the training Board.
I forgot, you have a certificate that says you can count to 10 while watching someone else workout. :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #152 on: August 03, 2015, 03:36:29 PM »
This is along with Drag curls an exercise i can recommend..

nice, i have a plate loaded lat machine , don't really care for the bricks,,,
F

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #153 on: August 03, 2015, 04:39:28 PM »
Fast and strict might be challenging. It doesn't seem compatible.

When I use the word fast I'm not talking about fast reps as in cadence quickness. I'm talking about minimal rest between sets.

When I am talking about strict I'm talking about doing an exercise through a full range of motion without fast momentum reps.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #154 on: August 03, 2015, 04:41:38 PM »
What if you did 4 sets with 100#'s?? :o

I do what I can. I had one arm rebuilt with mental anchors for a complete bicep rupture. I'm careful I don't jerk or cheat swing the weight.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #155 on: August 03, 2015, 07:17:05 PM »
chest/tri/abs

inc press,warmed up 135x2...185/185/185-155 drop
fdb press'off theses for a while'70/70/60/50 lower to higher reps
lower cable flyes x3
flat flyes 40/50/50's
bench to neck x2'guilotine press'

tris
rope extensions overhead x3
dip machine x3 190-210
pushdowns 120/130/140/140-120 drop
single hand underhand pushdowns x2

abs

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: August 03, 2015, 09:07:46 PM »
I do what I can. I had one arm rebuilt with mental anchors for a complete bicep rupture. I'm careful I don't jerk or cheat swing the weight.
How'd you tear it?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: August 03, 2015, 09:47:59 PM »
Yes, let's see if we can get this one to 200+ pages before your ego gets out of control and you ruin this one as well. :D

Come on Chaos, have some faith.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: August 03, 2015, 09:49:27 PM »
Chaos you are just not a good loser are you? why the hate?

Did anyone ever mention to you that holding a grudge is not healthy? Really, let it go. You'll be a better man if you do.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: August 03, 2015, 09:54:56 PM »
GOD DAMNIT, WOULD YOU TWO JUST GIVE IT A REST!

Both of you are good people. We all have differences of opinion every now and then. Maybe you two boys should take your disagreements private. Remember this, it takes two to have a disagreement. Stop the antagonistic and childish behaviors. Both of you are selling yourselves short. You are better men than this.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: August 03, 2015, 10:05:21 PM »
Despite having a busy day, I made it to the gym. Today I worked chest and arms.

I did the usual cardio for about 30 minutes.

Wide grip bench presses on the Hammer strength, 4 X 15 - 8 increasing the resistance.
Nautilus incline flies, 4 X 15 - 12
Nautilus pullovers, 4 X 15
Nautilus dips, 3 X 12
Nautilus bicep curls, 4 X 12
Cable triceps press downs, 4 X 15 - 8
Alternate dumbbell seated curls, 3 X 12 -8
Nautilus twists for oblique's,  3 X 12

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #161 on: August 04, 2015, 03:40:43 AM »
some more Gironda...  ;)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #162 on: August 04, 2015, 03:53:30 AM »
neck feels good today... not so much pain in fingers. Got a small ball i squeeze every day and yesterday i really made a conscious effort to grip the Bar. A Barbell... better Medicine than any Pills  ;) Things are looking up .

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #163 on: August 04, 2015, 04:22:30 AM »
How'd you tear it?

I was in a bar playing pool. I put my money in and some of the balls didn't come out. I thought if I picked up one end of the pool table I could shake the balls out. I never realized the weight of a commercial pool table. I got it about 4" off the ground when my bicep ripped off and rolled up to the top of my delt.   There was nothing but bone where my bicep use to be.   

Most people partially tear their bicep and it's a quick operation and recovery.  It took me 6 months to recover and I did a lot of rehab both with a professional and at home. Most people think it's only a bicep but it effected the strength of the entire arm and shoulder. I literally benched the bar when I could move my arm. Most don't realize it but when you do even a tricep orientated movement your bicep is stabilizing the arm against the tricep. It also effects the shoulder because that's where the bicep originates.

What I did mainly for 6 months thinking I would never be able to lift well again was cardio. I thought if I can't lift I might as well be the best runner I can be. I really went insane with running when I could do it without pain of bouncing my arm. I made amazing cardio gains. I often ran twice a day.

Now I have a pretty bad foot injury/nerve problem. For one month I'm having trouble walking. Limping around. Now I'm doing the opposite. I'm lifting really hard. At my age I think I look pretty good like a muscular athlete but I will never be confused with a steroid bodybuilder.

I bet you are sorry you asked after this long explanation.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #164 on: August 04, 2015, 04:58:05 AM »
I was in a bar playing pool. I put my money in and some of the balls didn't come out. I thought if I picked up one end of the pool table I could shake the balls out. I never realized the weight of a commercial pool table. I got it about 4" off the ground when my bicep ripped off and rolled up to the top of my delt.   There was nothing but bone where my bicep use to be.   

Most people partially tear their bicep and it's a quick operation and recovery.  It took me 6 months to recover and I did a lot of rehab both with a professional and at home. Most people think it's only a bicep but it effected the strength of the entire arm and shoulder. I literally benched the bar when I could move my arm. Most don't realize it but when you do even a tricep orientated movement your bicep is stabilizing the arm against the tricep. It also effects the shoulder because that's where the bicep originates.

What I did mainly for 6 months thinking I would never be able to lift well again was cardio. I thought if I can't lift I might as well be the best runner I can be. I really went insane with running when I could do it without pain of bouncing my arm. I made amazing cardio gains. I often ran twice a day.

Now I have a pretty bad foot injury/nerve problem. For one month I'm having trouble walking. Limping around. Now I'm doing the opposite. I'm lifting really hard. At my age I think I look pretty good like a muscular athlete but I will never be confused with a steroid bodybuilder.

OUCH.....RICH I WAS AT BRADLEY BEACH ON SUNDAY...

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #165 on: August 04, 2015, 08:08:33 AM »

Wish I knew that I could recommended some restaurants in the area. Neighboring Asbury Park has some good places to go to. Bradley beach is about 25 miles from me. They redid the board walk in Asbury it looks beautiful.  Also just south of Bradley Beach you have Avon by the Sea. Nice family beach. I'm not too familiar with Bradley Beach. I'm sure it's nice.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #166 on: August 04, 2015, 08:20:28 AM »
Trained back and chest today. Foot is feeling better. Used 335lbs for my deadlifts and my injuries didn't protest too much. Instead of typing out my workout I will go right to one gym observation.

Gym Observation:  If any of you have been reading my gym observations you know I have almost always mentioned a blonde knock out of a fitness model that workouts there. She does have a somewhat deep voice. Steroids? I suspect but of course can't say for sure. She is a real head turner. About 5'8" or so. Looks about 40 years old. Beautiful blonde hair with blue eyes. She is pretty ripped but not disgustingly so. Guys constantly watch her and who can blame them.  She works out hard and she really knows what she is doing. She is a volume trainer. I finally talked to her today. She told me she is 63 years old!! I know what you're are thinking. No girl can truly look that impressive at that age. I'm telling you 20 something guys are elbowing each other when she walks by. She said she had a hip replacements and she still does squats and front squats.  Told her about my injuries and she said in effect I see you working out with really heavy weights. Maybe it's time to try lighter weights for high reps with more sets.  She might be onto something. I wonder how I can get a secret picture of her for this thread? Cell phones are banned at the gym.  Really a stunning woman.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #167 on: August 04, 2015, 08:28:08 AM »
Wish I knew that I could recommended some restaurants in the area. Neighboring Asbury Park has some good places to go to. Bradley beach is about 25 miles from me. They redid the board walk in Asbury it looks beautiful.  Also just south of Bradley Beach you have Avon by the Sea. Nice family beach. I'm not too familiar with Bradley Beach. I'm sure it's nice.
IT WAS ONLY FOR THE DAY...THANKS THO,,BRADLEY IS FAMILY ITS A STONE THROW AWAY FROM BELMAR...ASBURY PARK IS BETTER DUE TO THE THE INFLUX OF ALTERNATIVE LIFESTYLE'POLITICALLY CORRECT'TERM SEXUALITY,,PICKED THE AREA BACK UP..I WILL HOOK UP WITH YOU BETWEEN AUG 22-27 I'LL BE IN LAVALETTE..

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #168 on: August 04, 2015, 08:29:53 AM »
Trained back and chest today. Foot is feeling better. Used 335lbs for my deadlifts and my injuries didn't protest too much. Instead of typing out my workout I will go right to one gym observation.

Gym Observation:  If any of you have been reading my gym observations you know I have almost always mentioned a blonde knock out of a fitness model that workouts there. She does have a somewhat deep voice. Steroids? I suspect but of course can't say for sure. She is a real head turner. About 5'8" or so. Looks about 40 years old. Beautiful blonde hair with blue eyes. She is pretty ripped but not disgustingly so. Guys constantly watch her and who can blame them.  She works out hard and she really knows what she is doing. She is a volume trainer. I finally talked to her today. She told me she is 63 years old!! I know what you're are thinking. No girl can truly look that impressive at that age. I'm telling you 20 something guys are elbowing each other when she walks by. She said she had a hip replacements and she still does squats and front squats.  Told her about my injuries and she said in effect I see you working out with really heavy weights. Maybe it's time to try lighter weights for high reps with more sets.  She might be onto something. I wonder how I can get a secret picture of her for this thread? Cell phones are banned at the gym.  Really a stunning woman.
Get the pic...without trouble  8) I met a woman like that in  gym i worked in some years back, she was a Dancer... what a body!

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #169 on: August 04, 2015, 09:01:14 AM »
IT WAS ONLY FOR THE DAY...THANKS THO,,BRADLEY IS FAMILY ITS A STONE THROW AWAY FROM BELMAR...ASBURY PARK IS BETTER DUE TO THE THE INFLUX OF ALTERNATIVE LIFESTYLE'POLITICALLY CORRECT'TERM SEXUALITY,,PICKED THE AREA BACK UP..I WILL HOOK UP WITH YOU BETWEEN AUG 22-27 I'LL BE IN LAVALETTE..

If we are both free that would be great. Maybe a beer with the wives at the outdoor rooftop Beach Comber in Seaside?

Reference restaurants for your family try Lydia's kitchen north bound in the middle of SH35 in Ortley beach. Great Cuban food. Try the seafood paella.  About $30 bucks. Ortley is the tiny town just south of Lavalette. Bring your own booze. Go off hours. It gets packed in the Summer.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: August 04, 2015, 09:38:18 AM »
GOD DAMNIT, WOULD YOU TWO JUST GIVE IT A REST!

Both of you are good people. We all have differences of opinion every now and then. Maybe you two boys should take your disagreements private. Remember this, it takes two to have a disagreement. Stop the antagonistic and childish behaviors. Both of you are selling yourselves short. You are better men than this.
Meltdown!  :D

Ouch, you stick with darts now?
How well did it heal? Is it completely obvious and deformed or does it look similar to the other side?
If we are both free that would be great. Maybe a beer with the wives at the outdoor rooftop Beach Comber in Seaside?

Reference restaurants for your family try Lydia's kitchen north bound in the middle of SH35 in Ortley beach. Great Cuban food. Try the seafood paella.  About $30 bucks. Ortley is the tiny town just south of Lavalette. Bring your own booze. Go off hours. It gets packed in the Summer.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #171 on: August 04, 2015, 04:49:05 PM »
Looks slightly different.  I think the most deformed looking muscles are the ones that actually tear and not a tendon pull out. Just has a slight weakness and instability. Not enough to complain about.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: August 04, 2015, 06:57:15 PM »

This is one crazy and horrific story. I cannot imagine the pain associated with tearing one's bicep, much less tearing it completely off. Pool tables are heavy. I guess you learned that the hard way.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: August 04, 2015, 07:01:58 PM »
Wish I was there. The beach is 80 miles away here and you never know what the weather will be like. I have not laid out on the beach for way too many years. I miss the Southern California beaches with the too hot to walk on sand and the coolness of a dip in the ocean. If I still lived in Southern California, I'd probably look like a dried up old prune, but I wouldn't care.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #174 on: August 04, 2015, 07:03:35 PM »
Wish I was there. The beach is 80 miles away here and you never know what the weather will be like. I have not laid out on the beach for way too many years. I miss the Southern California beaches with the too hot to walk on sand and the coolness of a dip in the ocean. If I still lived in Southern California, I'd probably look like a dried up old prune, but I wouldn't care.
most jersey beaches are 45 min to 1 hr to get too,,others farther down garden state parkway 1.5 to 3 hrs