Author Topic: Anyone have experience recovering from shoulder surgery?  (Read 439 times)

Submissionfytr

• Getbig III
Anyone have experience recovering from shoulder surgery?
« on: July 20, 2015, 10:49:16 PM »
I've had 2 rotator cuff repairs, the 1st (a lot of damage: torn supraspinatus, labrum and AC joint seperation) didn't hold up and re- tore a few months after so I never reached full recovery (or know if I would have). However, been 3-4 years since 2nd repair and I've regained maybe 50% of the strength and still the deltoid has nowhere near the mass it used to (not that I had huge shoulders to begin with, but developed) and my bicep as well is still effected--it's weak and never gets a full pump.

After 4 years I have to assume that it's never going to get too much better than it is, and I've had other injuries since that make this almost a moot point. I'm still curious why I never could recover despite great physical therapy, meticulous attention to nutrition and supplementation, as well as sufficient rest and focus toward healing (took semester off of grad school and didn't work). Anyone here have or train with anyone experienced in rotator cuff repairs?  Thanks!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Anyone have experience recovering from shoulder surgery?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 11:01:42 PM »
Not me personally (yet) but we do post physical therapy rehab all the time through ortho referrals.