Author Topic: Cruz declines to denounce Trump's McCain comments  (Read 273 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Cruz declines to denounce Trump's McCain comments
« on: July 21, 2015, 04:24:35 PM »
Interesting.  Ever the maverick, once trump implodes, the brilliant Cruz is there to soak up his votes.

Ames, Iowa (CNN)Ted Cruz was unambiguous in his praise of John McCain on Saturday, calling his fellow senator a "hero" soon after Donald Trump made inflammatory remarks about the Arizona senator's war record.

But the senator from Texas refused to join other 2016 Republican hopefuls in denouncing the real estate mogul.

Trump sparked an uproar when he suggested at the Family Leadership Summit in Ames, Iowa, that McCain wasn't a war hero because he was captured. "He is not a war hero," Trump said at a question-and-answer session. "He is a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren't captured, OK? I hate to tell you. He is a war hero because he was captured. OK, you can have -- I believe perhaps he is a war hero."

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Re: Cruz declines to denounce Trump's McCain comments
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 04:17:48 AM »
Here's the Democrat tactic.  Pretend that all Republicans must either denounce or endorse what Trump said.  That way they can indirectly attribute his comments to all Republicans.

They would be foolish to fall for it.  Trump's comments are his own and have nothing to do with Cruz or anyone else.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: Cruz declines to denounce Trump's McCain comments
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 05:15:54 AM »
John McCain has been one of the biggest pricks over the past few years when it comes to criticizing Ted Cruz.

I doubt the junior senator from Texas has forgotten that.