Author Topic: Chick Publications Goes Hard On Muslims  (Read 4735 times)

BigCyp

• Getbig V
Re: Chick Publications Goes Hard On Muslims
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2015, 07:08:10 AM »
Unfortunately, God didn't create the bible.

Man did.

They took many old texts that people wrote, translated, translated again, added some stuff, did another translation, and there you have the bible.

I'm not dogging out anyone's religion mind you... I don't care what other people believe, but the fact is that no ethereal being created the book.

Men did.

I've been a Christian for over 12 years now, and I've only just found out (through my own study) that the concept of Hell is not in the original texts. When you can be big enough to accept that your 'belief' in such a huge topic was misguided for so long, you are making a step in the right direction.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2015, 07:17:49 AM »
I've been a Christian for over 12 years now, and I've only just found out (through my own study) that the concept of Hell is not in the original texts. When you can be big enough to accept that your 'belief' in such a huge topic was misguided for so long, you are making a step in the right direction.

The concept of hell originated from the hindus.  The devil was blue as depicted in a lot of indian texts.  It was then changed to red to be more intimidating and they added the horns and tail to make him look scarier.  Hell is not mentioned in the original bible.  It's a man made concept to scare people into following their rules.  Be bad and go to hell.....

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2015, 12:11:32 PM »
what made you change your mind and become a christian at adult age if i may ask? Just curious

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2015, 08:27:24 PM »

Pretty weird when you think about how at certain times people of power usurped the idea of Christianity to create power for themselves.

Hell was a nice way to do it.

markofan

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2015, 07:40:48 AM »
Please visit my church.

Landoverbaptist.org

markofan

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!