Author Topic: Obama FINALLY orders flag to 1/2 staff for Chattanooga victims killed 5 days bef  (Read 2208 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Obama orders flags to half staff at White House for Chattanooga victims

(CNN)The White House and U.S. Capitol both lowered flags to half staff by Tuesday afternoon, after they were out of sync Tuesday in their tributes to the five U.S. service members who were slain by a gunman in Chattanooga last week.

House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Kentucky announced Tuesday that flags at the Capitol would be lowered to half-staff in honor of the victims.

"Out of respect for their courageous service and sacrifice to our nation, flags at the U.S. Capitol are being lowered to half-staff," Boehner said in a statement.

But at the other end of Pennsylvania Avenue, the flags at the White House noticeably remained at full-staff. Aides to the president have repeatedly declined to discuss whether the flags at the White House would be similarly lowered. Boehner's office said Tuesday that they had alerted the White House of their plans.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/21/politics/chattanooga-victims-white-house-flag-gop/index.html

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
thinking of doing both machine chest presses AND upper chest presses today
them pecs aint gonna grow by themselves im telling you

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Obama orders flags to half staff at White House for Chattanooga victims

(CNN)The White House and U.S. Capitol both lowered flags to half staff by Tuesday afternoon, after they were out of sync Tuesday in their tributes to the five U.S. service members who were slain by a gunman in Chattanooga last week.

House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Kentucky announced Tuesday that flags at the Capitol would be lowered to half-staff in honor of the victims.

"Out of respect for their courageous service and sacrifice to our nation, flags at the U.S. Capitol are being lowered to half-staff," Boehner said in a statement.

But at the other end of Pennsylvania Avenue, the flags at the White House noticeably remained at full-staff. Aides to the president have repeatedly declined to discuss whether the flags at the White House would be similarly lowered. Boehner's office said Tuesday that they had alerted the White House of their plans.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/21/politics/chattanooga-victims-white-house-flag-gop/index.html

In order for the flag to be lowered at the White House, the president has to create a proclamation because the flag is generally not lowered for service members. 
A

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
In order for the flag to be lowered at the White House, the president has to create a proclamation because the flag is generally not lowered for service members. 
Lemme guess. You just hung up with Obama.

Dokey111

• Getbig V

:D

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Hall of fame level getbig zinger.

Well played sir  :D

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!

No, with your mom.  I told her to make sure she has change for a quarter when I drop by.
A

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV

Vince - come on man... Obama is simply a sad excuse for POTUS and there is no way that you are unable to see this. It has nothing to do with him being black - and really nothing to do with him being a Democrat. I prefer Republican over Democrat (usually) but they have both let the American people down.

Do you HONESTLY think that any other POTUS would not have IMMEDIATELY flown flag half staff? Its not some major ordeal for the President to "create a proclamation"...  It can be done instantly - and that is a fact Vince. You really lose credibility by making it seem as if you have knowledge that its a "process" and there was simply no way the flag could have been lowered before now.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Vince - come on man... Obama is simply a sad excuse for POTUS and there is no way that you are unable to see this. It has nothing to do with him being black - and really nothing to do with him being a Democrat. I prefer Republican over Democrat (usually) but they have both let the American people down.

Do you HONESTLY think that any other POTUS would not have IMMEDIATELY flown flag half staff? Its not some major ordeal for the President to "create a proclamation"...  It can be done instantly - and that is a fact Vince. You really lose credibility by making it seem as if you have knowledge that its a "process" and there was simply no way the flag could have been lowered before now.

I voted for Obama but his actions along with many dems have caused me to jump ship to the GOP now.
1.Obama was  at the funeral for those victims slain by the racist nutjob in Charleston.
2. Obama sent an army of investigators with the AG to Ferguson, Missouri .
3. He sided with Trayvon Martin and  said he could have been his son.

I could go on, but I think the point is made here.

Now 4 active duty marines and a sailor get shot up on active duty by a nutball terrorists and he barely reacts.
I was a US Marine and thought his lack of concern was a real slap in the face.

It chaps my ass that he sends his AG to investigate the death of a thug like Micheal Brown and barely raises an eyebrow when marines get killed ...wtf????

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I like the precedent - lower the flag every time an american is killed in a terror attack.  I like that obama would start that (I dont think any past president did it EVERY time?)

do we know if it was a terror attack yet?  I heard the dude went to some bad guy websites, but also that he fought badly with parents then spent years on meds and went on a 3 day coke binge with his buddies before doing this.

Sounds more like a wannabe tony montana than isis, but who knows.   have investigators told us anything yet?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I like the precedent - lower the flag every time an american is killed in a terror attack.  I like that obama would start that (I dont think any past president did it EVERY time?)

do we know if it was a terror attack yet?  I heard the dude went to some bad guy websites, but also that he fought badly with parents then spent years on meds and went on a 3 day coke binge with his buddies before doing this.

Sounds more like a wannabe tony montana than isis, but who knows.   have investigators told us anything yet?
1. He was a disgruntled Muslim who was trying to research being a Martyr , 2 days before he went off.
2. he opted to shoot up a USMC  recruiter station and navy depot.
3. he spent a lot of time in Jordon and UAE in the last 2 years.

It doesn't matter what his "official" affiliation was. He was clearly inspired by radical Islamic terrorists!

C'mon now, nobody needed to question the racist motivation behind the attacks in the SC  church?!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
1. He was a disgruntled Muslim who was trying to research being a Martyr , 2 days before he went off.
2. he opted to shoot up a USMC  recruiter station and navy depot.

It doesn't matter what his "official" affiliation was. He was clearly inspired by radical Islamic terrorists!

C'mon now, nobody needed to question the racist motivation behind the attacks in the SC  church?!

Don't answer. He's trolling, Of course he knows. He won't admit it because Obama hasn't said it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
2. he opted to shoot up a USMC  recruiter station and navy depot.

C'mon now, nobody needed to question the racist motivation behind the attacks in the SC  church?!

hey, if he's a terr'ist, he's a terrorist.   I get it.

I just wonder if that precedent will be used against other groups.  Suppose some dude of another religion goes on a 3 day coke binge, shoots a cop after fighting with mommy and daddy... do we lower flags then?  I like the idea.  But after a while, the flag will always be lowered cause this shit happens every week.

I just want consistency.  Lower the flag EVERY time a military person is killed, or EVERY time a person of any religion goes on shooting spree - Don't selectively do it ONLY when it's a big news story.  IMO, EVERY SINGLE TIME a military member or cop is killed, in USA or abroad, the flag should be lowered and their name honored, even if it's most days.  I don't like this bullshit where people only give a crap about it because the SHOOTER was a certain religion.  Honor ALL of those killed in service, and don't do it just to SPITE a religion you don't like.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Don't answer. He's trolling, Of course he knows. He won't admit it because Obama hasn't said it.

nope, not trolling.  I just hate when you don't get outraged over every shooting, only those with a muslim shooter. 

Do you want to amend your position and agree with mine - we shuld lower the flag for ALL military or police killed?  Or do you just want to do it SOME of the time, essentially paying homage to the shooter thanks to his choice of place of worship?

240 is Back

• Getbig V

people like YOU are making it a badge of honor for the muslim shooter... "Look, the white house even noticed my deed!", which is total crap.  I dont want to give the terrorists that kind of notoriety.  I think the flag should be lowered for EVERY SINGLE PERSON of police or military killed.  You just want to pay SPECIAL attention to those from certain regions.  They WANT that kind of notoriety.

I listen to rush, probably more than you do.  Why isn't he OUTRAGED by police and military killings every time, and mad the flag isn't lowered EVERY TIME?  Why should we only recognize it nationally when it's a brown person with a koran doing it?  Sheeeit, the best thing we can do it honor ALL our fallen heroes, no longer polititicizing it and rather minimizing their impact.  Don't give them the attention they crave.  But hey, politicize it all ya want.  I just want to honor their service, not use their deaths to further my own agenda.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
nope, not trolling.  I just hate when you don't get outraged over every shooting, only those with a muslim shooter. 

Do you want to amend your position and agree with mine - we shuld lower the flag for ALL military or police killed?  Or do you just want to do it SOME of the time, essentially paying homage to the shooter thanks to his choice of place of worship?

How fast did you post as soon as a cop shot a black person and accuse the cop right off the bat? What, after a news flash, the next day? with in an hour?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
How fast did you post as soon as a cop shot a black person and accuse the cop right off the bat? What, after a news flash, the next day? with in an hour?

oh, you answer my clear and honest arguemnt with a personal attack on me, involving race, about a topic that is a year old and has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

(that's usually what people do when the post they read has totally facefccked their argument and they wish to exit that particular debate).

Do you agree we should lower the flag for EVERY service member or police killed, coach?  yes or no?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
people like YOU are making it a badge of honor for the muslim shooter... "Look, the white house even noticed my deed!", which is total crap.  I dont want to give the terrorists that kind of notoriety.  I think the flag should be lowered for EVERY SINGLE PERSON of police or military killed.  You just want to pay SPECIAL attention to those from certain regions.  They WANT that kind of notoriety.

I listen to rush, probably more than you do.  Why isn't he OUTRAGED by police and military killings every time, and mad the flag isn't lowered EVERY TIME?  Why should we only recognize it nationally when it's a brown person with a koran doing it?  Sheeeit, the best thing we can do it honor ALL our fallen heroes, no longer polititicizing it and rather minimizing their impact.  Don't give them the attention they crave.  But hey, politicize it all ya want.  I just want to honor their service, not use their deaths to further my own agenda.

You listen to Rush but when you think it's in your favor to post a quote from you take from another source (usually left leaning or flat out leftist) and spin in instead of going right to the source like his show transcripts. And yes, I'm sure you listen more than I do since i listen almost never due to work.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
oh, you answer my clear and honest arguemnt with a personal attack on me, involving race, about a topic that is a year old and has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

(that's usually what people do when the post they read has totally facefccked their argument and they wish to exit that particular debate).

Do you agree we should lower the flag for EVERY service member or police killed, coach?  yes or no?

When it's on US soil you Goddamn right. The fuck the matter with you? Had no problem desecrating the White House with a green fucking light at the end of ramadan, had no problem desecrating the White House with a fucking rainbow a few hours after the gay thing passed. Didn't he fly it at half mast when a drug addict died? (Whitney Houston) 

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
When it's on US soil you Goddamn right. The fuck the matter with you? Had no problem desecrating the White House with a green fucking light at the end of ramadan, had no problem desecrating the White House with a fucking rainbow a few hours after the gay thing passed. Didn't he fly it at half mast when a drug addict died? (Whitney Houston) 

You cannot lower the flag at half staff every time a service member gets killed....that flag would never come up if that was the case and that's the problem.  Not only that, it would also influence the resolve of the enemy to continue. 

People like you are so quick to score points against Obama that they don't realize the consequences.  Besides that, you're forgetting that its the reason we have Memorial Day for....and we lower the flag at half staff on that day.  Doing something special for a service member that dies ironically spits on the other service members who died who didn't get the flag lowered for them ::) 
A

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV

Marines are better than most !!!  ;D    JOKING...

I see your point but you do see how this was different right? This was not a cop working his beat. These men were doing their normal job and not only weren't prepared to fight - they were PROHIBITED from carrying weapons. Because they were recruiters they were representing our nations military to the civilian population. I may be doing a poor job of explaining the uniqueness of the situation but I think either you get it or you don't.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Marines are better than most !!!  ;D    JOKING...

I see your point but you do see how this was different right? This was not a cop working his beat. These men were doing their normal job and not only weren't prepared to fight - they were PROHIBITED from carrying weapons. Because they were recruiters they were representing our nations military to the civilian population. I may be doing a poor job of explaining the uniqueness of the situation but I think either you get it or you don't.

then keep police out of it - only lower it for ANY service member killed - on US soil or overseas.

When it's on US soil you Goddamn right. The fuck the matter with you? 

I think the better question is - Why do  you only want to honor our service members when they're killed ON US SOIL?   IMO, it takes a lot of courage to fly halfway around the world and die in some shit sandy street in some shit nation, just as much as those brave service members killed domestically.

I feel it would be a great disservice to only lower the flag for every service member killed on US soil, but NOT for those killed defending our rights & freedoms in other countries.

Do you feel their service is lesser in some way, Coach?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
I voted for Obama but his actions along with many dems have caused me to jump ship to the GOP now.
1.Obama was  at the funeral for those victims slain by the racist nutjob in Charleston. (A State Senator Died.  That's the reason)  
2. Obama sent an army of investigators with the AG to Ferguson, Missouri .( That's his job and it turns out that it was a correct decision.  Civil rights were being violated
3. He sided with Trayvon Martin and  said he could have been his son.( Trayvon committed no crime and he was murdered...and Zimmerman was wrongly aquitted.  Fighting for your life is also not a crime, he had every right to defend himself and for obvious reasons.  Zimmerman's past and PRESENT ACTIONS prove that he is a ticking time bomb

I could go on, but I think the point is made here.

Now 4 active duty marines and a sailor get shot up on active duty by a nutball terrorists and he barely reacts.
I was a US Marine and thought his lack of concern was a real slap in the face.  You should slap yourself in the face. He was a wannabe terrorist and he's dead in a cabinet at the city morgue.  Case closed.  Should Obama run around screaming in the streets or something.  Should he send investigators to question the suspect??  Oh yea, he's dead

It chaps my ass that he sends his AG to investigate the death of a thug like Micheal Brown and barely raises an eyebrow when marines get killed ...wtf????  Please read above statement...and slap yourself in the face again

Fixed for truth
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V

I think you're not answering the question about if you support it for EVERY service member - I think you're mad about obama's other reasons, like drug abusing celebrities, and we are in agreement there, he's just pandering and being immature and very disrespectful to every service member killed that didn't receive that honor.  Some fool OD'ing in a bathtub, that never served, certainly doesnt deserve this honor.

But again I'll ask - WHy do you only want to honor those killed on US Soil?  Why neglect those brave heroes that traveled across the world in our defense?  Is this some sort of statement on US isolationism?  Are you condemning those soldiers that accepted overseas assignments?  I don't like that, not one bit.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
X