Author Topic: car key remotes that dont go anywhere  (Read 2786 times)

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
car key remotes that dont go anywhere
« on: July 22, 2015, 08:15:54 PM »
I arrived at Orlando airport last week and got a Ford Excape or something.
The key doesn't actually go anywhere. It just sits in the vicinity and you press a button.
Total fuckin shit. I keep leaving the car with the key inside or else it falls on the floor and I have to find it.
Who came up with this nonsense idea?

ritch

• Getbig V
Re: car key remotes that dont go anywhere
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 08:50:45 PM »
I wouldn't want a car with a "push button" to start either.
Total brain fart...
?

Juruth

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 08:53:39 PM »
The key doesn't actually go anywhere. It just sits in the vicinity and you press a button.
Total fuckin shit. I keep leaving the car with the key inside or else it falls on the floor and I have to find it.

I know. That and power windows. Bring back the horse and buggy.

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 09:13:53 PM »
I know. That and power windows. Bring back the horse and buggy.

My friend, I drive a 2014 s class Mercedes 500, a twin turbo slk AMG and a Maserati 420 hp fun car in the UK and I like being able to stick my key in the slot and pull it out when I arrive. This floating key thing is total shit.

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 03:23:11 AM »
Hammond had one of those on a Mustang (I think) he was driving on Top Gear. They guys went to a cafe, Hammond was sat close enough to the car park for the key to still be in range. So Clarkson got it and drove it off. He only got about 10 meters before out of range but it's still a massive design flaw.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 05:06:58 AM »
My friend, I drive a 2014 s class Mercedes 500, a twin turbo slk AMG and a Maserati 420 hp fun car in the UK and I like being able to stick my key in the slot and pull it out when I arrive. This floating key thing is total shit.

My key pulls out, but I dont.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 11:23:50 AM »
Hammond had one of those on a Mustang (I think) he was driving on Top Gear. They guys went to a cafe, Hammond was sat close enough to the car park for the key to still be in range. So Clarkson got it and drove it off. He only got about 10 meters before out of range but it's still a massive design flaw.

brutal for a Mustang.

With mine you cant get in the car unless you have the fob and your hand is touching the sensor on the back of the door handle.
Car wont start unless you are either inside the car or basically leaning right up against it.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 11:26:37 AM »
My key pulls out, but I dont.

LOL!!!!!
?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 11:31:51 AM »
keep them in your pocket.  problem solved.  At least you can't lock the doors if your keys are inside.  I have a push button in my car.  It offers me nothing different than having to turn a key.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 11:34:44 AM »

How did you get an S class 500 when the 2014 S class only comes in a 550 and a 63 AMG?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2015, 11:49:30 AM »
How did you get an S class 500 when the 2014 S class only comes in a 550 and a 63 AMG?

He's in the UK and part of the royal family.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2015, 11:50:17 AM »
He's in the UK and part of the royal family.

I wouldn't accept a -50 differential if I was royalty.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2015, 11:38:40 PM »
keep them in your pocket.  problem solved.  At least you can't lock the doors if your keys are inside.  I have a push button in my car.  It offers me nothing different than having to turn a key.

exactly. I really like mine

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2015, 11:57:49 PM »

I hate those American talking cars ...............there is nothing like Spartan Wrangler  8)

A U attending any Barca games ?? in the States ..............

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2015, 05:02:28 AM »
You guys kidding?i havent had to put a key in the ignition in years.I drove my buddies car with a key the other day and it was quite a throwback.Pushbutton is so much better.

Juruth

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2015, 05:14:39 AM »

If you were indeed living the lifestyle you have described, you would not be expressing shock at ten year old technology.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2015, 10:05:26 AM »
I wouldn't want a car with a "push button" to start either.
Total brain fart...
You can start the A/C or heater before getting inside the car. Women love it. ;)
A

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2015, 10:32:12 AM »

My UK s500 is a twin turbo 4.7 V8 long wheelbase. You can even get a S400 hybrid with 2.2 litre diesel plus electric motor in the UK.
My car was made in 13 but registered in Jan 14 so probably the last pre model one available and I got a big discount.
I also have a diesel S320 which I've had since 2008 and is now used as a pool company car.
In the UK the current S500 is a 3.5l v6 petrol plus electric motor hybrid. 155 mph, 100 mpg. 5 seconds 0-60. Didn't fancy a hybrid though.

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2015, 10:40:13 AM »
If you were indeed living the lifestyle you have described, you would not be expressing shock at ten year old technology.

These keyless things were sold by BMW 8-10 years ago in the UK. My technical director got a BMW GT (the kind of hatchback version of the 5 series) a few years back. I just thought they were a fad which had died out.

The problem is there is no where to stick the "key". If you are wearing a training vest to visit Sea world you have to stick the key inside a cup holder.If your cup holders are full the key can move around and fall onto the floor so you have to rummage around for it when you reach your destination. Yesterday the key fell off the dashboard and down the side of the chair. 

What exactly is the benefit of these keys ?   The MINI I bought for my kids to learn in has a disc shaped key and push button but you have to put the key into the holding slot. This is the way it should be.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2015, 10:44:02 AM »

Two of my current vehicles starts via fingerprint and facial recognition only.   

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2015, 10:45:31 AM »
Two of my current vehicles starts via fingerprint and facial recognition only.   

thought you just use prayer to start your cars.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2015, 10:49:04 AM »
thought you just use prayer to start your cars.

Couldn't do that....prayer doesn't work.....it's been proven in "the lab".   

Juruth

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2015, 11:54:29 AM »
These keyless things were sold by BMW 8-10 years ago in the UK. My technical director got a BMW GT (the kind of hatchback version of the 5 series) a few years back. I just thought they were a fad which had died out.

The problem is there is no where to stick the "key". If you are wearing a training vest to visit Sea world you have to stick the key inside a cup holder.If your cup holders are full the key can move around and fall onto the floor so you have to rummage around for it when you reach your destination. Yesterday the key fell off the dashboard and down the side of the chair. 

What exactly is the benefit of these keys ?   The MINI I bought for my kids to learn in has a disc shaped key and push button but you have to put the key into the holding slot. This is the way it should be.

Obviously you're more comfortable playing in the minor leagues, and that's okay. The world needs ditch diggers too.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2015, 11:58:08 AM »

Maybe carry it in your pants pocket?  Or your fanny pack?

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2015, 03:23:36 PM »

I saw in a earlier thread that you were thinking of getting a Maserati.
Is it the ghibli you have.?
How does it stack up to Merc's, bmw's for build quality etc.?
Maserati's always have that great exhaust Sounds.