Author Topic: Aldactone  (Read 1162 times)

oni

• Getbig IV
Aldactone
« on: July 25, 2015, 06:12:47 PM »
I have aldactone, using it for a powerlifting competition to make weight

The scenario is:
Deplete myself as much as possible. Weigh in. Carb/sodium/fat/water load and compete 24 hours later.

So, I do not want the carb up to be affected by increased sodium excretion. I have tried lasix many times before and I find taking it before I go to sleep the night before weigh in at 10am affects my carb up- I am still urinating

I was thinking 50mg in the morning and 50mg in the evening starting 10 days out with 8L of water and a half teaspoon of salt in each liter starting 10 days out
2 days out cut sodium
Zero carbs the entire 10 days
Day before weigh in just a 50mg dose in the AM, cut water at 5pm

Thoughts? Most people that use this are bodybuilders and have 3 day carb loads so I need EXPERIENCE!
Clinical setting it's a long term drug as well... So plenty of info on how long it takes to start working but nothing on discontinued use

Cheers

oni

• Getbig IV
Re: Aldactone
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 08:06:14 PM »
Anyone?

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 06:46:53 AM »
What a disgusting way to add sodium, when you can add salt to meals, ketchups, salted nuts/peanut butter etc etc

I never really went for sodium loading, but I've never had to make weight as I always competed in the open classes in bodybuilding

My tips are  dispersible vit C in high doses, asparagus with each meal, push water high as possible in last week, a few glasses of dry white wine does no harm either

We used to use aladactone starting 3 days out

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 09:13:35 AM »
Use dyazide