Author Topic: Hunter who killed beloved lion identified. Dentist from Minnesota  (Read 31372 times)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
Re: Hunter who killed beloved lion identified. Dentist from Minnesota
« Reply #175 on: July 30, 2015, 06:42:07 PM »
Lol this  individual  (or group) was SO OUTRAGED by the coward they ANONYMOUSLY left a sign with stuffed animals........

That money could have been donated to a wildlife preserve  (and before anyone says those stuffed animals are gifts for said donations, I want every cent possible donated! The toys could have been used as animal bedding or whatever else your imagination  sees fit for its use).
More than likely the stuffed animals were made using child slave labour in some third world shithole.  For the animal nutters, exploiting human beings means little when protesting animal welfare.

V

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #176 on: July 30, 2015, 07:21:42 PM »
More than likely the stuffed animals were made using child slave labour in some third world shithole.  For the animal nutters, exploiting human beings means little when protesting animal welfare.

Excellent  point!

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #177 on: July 30, 2015, 07:51:40 PM »
I absolutely could , I'll make you a deal , post away your donation proof and I'll post my DNA proof  ;)

;D

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: July 31, 2015, 05:04:15 AM »
U.S. officials can’t find the dentist who killed Cecil the lion
By Elahe Izadi and Darryl Fears

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service wants to talk to Walter Palmer. But it can't find him.

Investigators for the service have knocked on the front door of Palmer's house, stopped by his dental office, called his telephone numbers and filled his inbox with e-mails. Palmer, a hunting enthusiast who illegally killed a rare African lion in Zimbabwe early this month, couldn't be lured out of hiding.

“I’m sure he knows” the government is looking for him, said Ed Grace, chief of law enforcement for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. “We’ve made repeated attempts to try and get in contact with him.”

Palmer, a dentist in Minnesota, has fallen off the radar since Tuesday, when reports first surfaced identifying him as the hunter of Cecil the lion, a celebrity in Zimbabwe. In one of his only public statements, Palmer said Tuesday "I deeply regret" killing "a known, local favorite" and that he relied on local guides. He said he was led to believe the hunt was legal.

"I have not been contacted by authorities in Zimbabwe or in the U.S. about this situation, but will assist them in any inquiries they may have," Palmer said at the time.

Palmer has had plenty of time since to contact U.S. authorities, Grace said. He should know how to reach the agency “because we convicted him for lying about a bear kill" in Wisconsin in 2009, Grace said. Federal officials want to get Palmer’s version of what went wrong in a hunt that killed a rare lion with a black mane. Cecil was iconic in Zimbabwe, and his fame worth at least $100,000 annually in eco-tourism, wildlife officials said.

Palmer’s actions could have violated the U.S. Lacey Act, a conservation law meant to shield animals from harm. The act, tied to a United Nations treaty for the protection of animals, governs the actions of Americans who violate the laws of foreign governments.

Grace also said the State Department is looking into the matter in Africa. Officials at the State Department did not respond to a request to confirm that information. The three agencies often work closely to investigate crimes against wildlife, often involving the poaching of elephants and rhinoceros throughout southern Africa.

Most recently, they combined forces to investigate Out of Africa Adventurous Safaris in Montgomery, Ala., which led to charges last year for Lacey Act violations, conspiracy, mail fraud, selling illegal rhinoceros hunts not sanctioned by the government and illegally trading rhinoceros horn, which can bring up to $45,000 per pound.

Zimbabwe officials have said the hunt that brought down its famed lion was illegal, regardless of the $50,000 Palmer paid for a permit.

Zimbabwean authorities charged professional hunter Theo Bronkhorst in Cecil's death; he was released Wednesday on $1,000 bail, the Associated Press reported. Landowner Honest Trymore Ndlovu has also been named by the country's parks service as being complicit in Cecil's murder, but his lawyer told the AP that Ndlovu has not been charged and was released.

Earlier in the week, Zimbabwean officials said Palmer could face poaching charges as well.

Safari Club International, which works with foreign governments to arrange legal big game hunts, suspended Palmer's membership. The Dallas Safari Club, which came under fire last year for auctioning off a permit for a hunt that ultimately led to the killing of a bull rhinoceros, disavowed Cecil's slaughter and called for a federal investigation.

Palmer has become the focus of an international firestorm as he has been vilified and threatened on the Internet. PETA has called for him to be hanged.

The vitriol even landed on the doorstep of Palmer's Minnesota dental practice, where protesters assembled to call for his extradition. Stuffed animals sit at the doorstep and a sign saying "Rot in hell" has been posted on the door.

Palmer has issued a letter to his patients, which was obtained by the Star Tribune and KSTP-TV.

"The media interest in this matter — along with a substantial number of comments and calls from people who are angered by this situation and by the practice of hunting in general — has disrupted our business and our ability to see our patients," Palmer wrote.

He added that the practice will refer patients with immediate needs to other dentists for now and "we will do our best to resume normal operations as soon as possible."

Zimbabwean officials believe Cecil was killed on private land on July 1. The 13-year-old male was one of the continent's most famous lions and lived on the Hwange National Park.

The non-governmental Zimbabwe Conservation Task Force has alleged that the hunters purposefully lured Cecil out of the park.

"They went hunting at night with a spotlight and they spotted Cecil," the group said in a statement. "They tied a dead animal to their vehicle to lure Cecil out of the park and they scented an area about half a kilometer from the park. Mr. Palmer shot Cecil with a bow and arrow but this shot didn't kill him.

"They tracked him down and found him 40 hours later when they shot him with a gun. They found that he was fitted with a GPS collar because he was being studied by the Hwange Lion Research, funded by Oxford University so they tried to destroy the collar but failed because it was found."

Palmer, an avid big-game hunter, has run afoul of the law before. He pleaded guilty in 2008 to making a false statement to U.S. wildlife officials in reference to the location of a black bear killing in Wisconsin.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: July 31, 2015, 05:15:01 AM »
U.S. officials can’t find the dentist who killed Cecil the lion
By Elahe Izadi and Darryl Fears

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service wants to talk to Walter Palmer. But it can't find him.

Investigators for the service have knocked on the front door of Palmer's house, stopped by his dental office, called his telephone numbers and filled his inbox with e-mails. Palmer, a hunting enthusiast who illegally killed a rare African lion in Zimbabwe early this month, couldn't be lured out of hiding.

“I’m sure he knows” the government is looking for him, said Ed Grace, chief of law enforcement for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. “We’ve made repeated attempts to try and get in contact with him.”

Palmer, a dentist in Minnesota, has fallen off the radar since Tuesday, when reports first surfaced identifying him as the hunter of Cecil the lion, a celebrity in Zimbabwe. In one of his only public statements, Palmer said Tuesday "I deeply regret" killing "a known, local favorite" and that he relied on local guides. He said he was led to believe the hunt was legal.

"I have not been contacted by authorities in Zimbabwe or in the U.S. about this situation, but will assist them in any inquiries they may have," Palmer said at the time.

Palmer has had plenty of time since to contact U.S. authorities, Grace said. He should know how to reach the agency “because we convicted him for lying about a bear kill" in Wisconsin in 2009, Grace said. Federal officials want to get Palmer’s version of what went wrong in a hunt that killed a rare lion with a black mane. Cecil was iconic in Zimbabwe, and his fame worth at least $100,000 annually in eco-tourism, wildlife officials said.

Palmer’s actions could have violated the U.S. Lacey Act, a conservation law meant to shield animals from harm. The act, tied to a United Nations treaty for the protection of animals, governs the actions of Americans who violate the laws of foreign governments.

Grace also said the State Department is looking into the matter in Africa. Officials at the State Department did not respond to a request to confirm that information. The three agencies often work closely to investigate crimes against wildlife, often involving the poaching of elephants and rhinoceros throughout southern Africa.

Most recently, they combined forces to investigate Out of Africa Adventurous Safaris in Montgomery, Ala., which led to charges last year for Lacey Act violations, conspiracy, mail fraud, selling illegal rhinoceros hunts not sanctioned by the government and illegally trading rhinoceros horn, which can bring up to $45,000 per pound.

Zimbabwe officials have said the hunt that brought down its famed lion was illegal, regardless of the $50,000 Palmer paid for a permit.

Zimbabwean authorities charged professional hunter Theo Bronkhorst in Cecil's death; he was released Wednesday on $1,000 bail, the Associated Press reported. Landowner Honest Trymore Ndlovu has also been named by the country's parks service as being complicit in Cecil's murder, but his lawyer told the AP that Ndlovu has not been charged and was released.

Earlier in the week, Zimbabwean officials said Palmer could face poaching charges as well.

Safari Club International, which works with foreign governments to arrange legal big game hunts, suspended Palmer's membership. The Dallas Safari Club, which came under fire last year for auctioning off a permit for a hunt that ultimately led to the killing of a bull rhinoceros, disavowed Cecil's slaughter and called for a federal investigation.

Palmer has become the focus of an international firestorm as he has been vilified and threatened on the Internet. PETA has called for him to be hanged.

The vitriol even landed on the doorstep of Palmer's Minnesota dental practice, where protesters assembled to call for his extradition. Stuffed animals sit at the doorstep and a sign saying "Rot in hell" has been posted on the door.

Palmer has issued a letter to his patients, which was obtained by the Star Tribune and KSTP-TV.

"The media interest in this matter — along with a substantial number of comments and calls from people who are angered by this situation and by the practice of hunting in general — has disrupted our business and our ability to see our patients," Palmer wrote.

He added that the practice will refer patients with immediate needs to other dentists for now and "we will do our best to resume normal operations as soon as possible."

Zimbabwean officials believe Cecil was killed on private land on July 1. The 13-year-old male was one of the continent's most famous lions and lived on the Hwange National Park.

The non-governmental Zimbabwe Conservation Task Force has alleged that the hunters purposefully lured Cecil out of the park.

"They went hunting at night with a spotlight and they spotted Cecil," the group said in a statement. "They tied a dead animal to their vehicle to lure Cecil out of the park and they scented an area about half a kilometer from the park. Mr. Palmer shot Cecil with a bow and arrow but this shot didn't kill him.

"They tracked him down and found him 40 hours later when they shot him with a gun. They found that he was fitted with a GPS collar because he was being studied by the Hwange Lion Research, funded by Oxford University so they tried to destroy the collar but failed because it was found."

Palmer, an avid big-game hunter, has run afoul of the law before. He pleaded guilty in 2008 to making a false statement to U.S. wildlife officials in reference to the location of a black bear killing in Wisconsin.
Thank you for posting up.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #180 on: July 31, 2015, 05:22:26 AM »
LOL @ the idea that the Zim government gives the slightest fuck about a mangy lion. This is such Kabuki theater. I wonder how many extra millions in foreign aid Zimbabwe is going to get for keeping this stupid story on the top for a week now.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #181 on: July 31, 2015, 05:34:50 AM »

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #182 on: July 31, 2015, 06:51:52 AM »
It's the selective outrage that makes me laugh. In the internet age it's all about keeping up appearances that you're comparing & compassionate and concerned LMFAO It's a narcissistic endeavor " Look at me I care about the LGTBQ-XYZ community , I care about the environment , I care about equality , I care about the homeless " My fucking ass , you care about projecting that image.

x2

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #183 on: July 31, 2015, 07:08:36 AM »
LOL @ the idea that the Zim government gives the slightest fuck about a mangy lion. This is such Kabuki theater. I wonder how many extra millions in foreign aid Zimbabwe is going to get for keeping this stupid story on the top for a week now.

AJ pissed because one of his NRA buddies might be in trouble.

I know, I know, you're just trolling. You're not really pissed.  ::) ::)
X

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: July 31, 2015, 07:12:52 AM »
Would be a real treat to visit the Caucasus with some of the fine posters in this thread.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: July 31, 2015, 07:27:27 AM »
Doesn't mean we should not try our best to preserve animal species.

Its a poor argument to say that just because so much of life went extinct in the past, therefore its okay to carelessly kill off lions just to hang a head on someones wall.

I, for one, prefer that no species of animals become extinct so people can kill for trophy.

Typical ignorant comment.  Hunting these animals creates an economic incentive to sustain a species.  If you  remove this economic incentive the species will become extinct a lot sooner.  This is typical of the do-gooders, never seeing the bigger picture, and such people almost always do far more harm than those they are attempting to control based on their twisted moral compass.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: July 31, 2015, 07:34:25 AM »
It's the selective outrage that makes me laugh. In the internet age it's all about keeping up appearances that you're comparing & compassionate and concerned LMFAO It's a narcissistic endeavor " Look at me I care about the LGTBQ-XYZ community , I care about the environment , I care about equality , I care about the homeless " My fucking ass , you care about projecting that image.

Spot on.  If you live in the first world you are complicit in all types of exploitation.  Everyone is an arsehole, their are no saints.  The biggest arseholes are those who think they aren't an arsehole, like these self righteous hypocrites who are permanently outraged pointing their guilty fingers at everyone else.  If you give up your first world lifestyle and move to a third world shithole to at least attempt to alleviate the less fortunate's suffering then maybe your outrage can be justified.  But for some fat first world arsehole to be outraged at other first world arseholes is absurd in the extreme.
V

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: July 31, 2015, 08:28:34 AM »
Hopefully this fuck is dead.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: July 31, 2015, 10:02:35 AM »
Hopefully this fuck is dead.

Word on the street is that both ESFitness and Hindemburg Melão Jr. have been contracted, first with the kill gets the payout.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #189 on: July 31, 2015, 10:38:14 AM »
most dentists I've met are some sadist bastards.  a real "hostel" group.

Dentist have the highest profession suicide rate

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #190 on: July 31, 2015, 10:42:06 AM »

Some would (rightly) say that his life ended the second he let go of that arrow. He's just the scapegoat de jure to keep Planned Parenthood off the front pages.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #191 on: July 31, 2015, 10:43:08 AM »
Could you please post photographic evidence of this?

Thanks.

Well played Adam! :D

He's probably 50 % African.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #192 on: July 31, 2015, 10:49:16 AM »

I predict a sitcom for NBC this fall.   

As punishment for his hunting, Dr. Redblood here has to raise Cecil's cubs and mama lion in a small NYC apartment.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: July 31, 2015, 11:08:50 AM »
The appeal of trophy hunting completely eludes me, and it obviously sucks to lose such a beautiful beast like this. But the public outrage is downright sociopathic.

The collectively appalled don't love that fucking animal nearly as much as they pretend; they just hate people. 

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #194 on: July 31, 2015, 11:12:24 AM »

At least 100 Trillion Dollars

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #195 on: July 31, 2015, 11:13:21 AM »
At least 100 Trillion Dollars

Haha!! The last time that I was there it was roughly 1:1 with the USD. What a hyper-inflationary disaster.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: July 31, 2015, 11:15:41 AM »
Haha!! The last time that I was there it was roughly 1:1 with the USD. What a hyper-inflationary disaster.

Do you travel to ZW on business frequently, aj?

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #197 on: August 02, 2015, 09:39:04 AM »
Animals like these are more valuable than humans.

Hiring a hitman to off somebody surely must be cheaper than taking out a rhino!

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: August 02, 2015, 09:55:11 AM »
Animals like these are more valuable than humans.

Hiring a hitman to off somebody surely must be cheaper than taking out a rhino!

Why don't anti-humans ever consider taking their own problematic existences outta the equation?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #199 on: August 02, 2015, 10:07:01 AM »
Why don't anti-humans ever consider taking their own problematic existences outta the equation?

I do.. by staying child-free, thank you