Author Topic: Cecil or Sandra Bland, which bothers you more?  (Read 2096 times)

Army of One

• Getbig V
Cecil or Sandra Bland, which bothers you more?
« on: July 29, 2015, 05:22:28 PM »
?

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Re: Cecil or Sandra Bland, which bothers you more?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 05:28:38 PM »
Lion by a mile. Bland is just a simple suicide to my eye, it's the whole climate in the States that is making it anything special.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 06:16:06 PM »
If i had to choose i guess id say the lion.

the Sandra thing to me is s non story. Woman got pulled over, arrested, went to jail, killed herself. End of story. Im sure if happens MANY times a year throughout the US.

Protected Lion who was "famous??" got killed for zero reason. Is it a shame ...yes. But again i dont see why its become such a big story.

Maybe my brain works a bit differently but i dont get the media/social media attention put to every little thing these days

Submissionfytr

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 11:33:18 PM »
Cecil... A leader for his family, and by all accounts a revered and majestic animal.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 07:16:45 AM »
Cecil the Lion bothers me more. I have had about 60 fucking posts about the hairy cunt on my facebook today alone.

porkchop

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 10:07:17 AM »
Cecil, because he never talked loud in a movie theater.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 10:11:21 AM »
Cecil, because he never talked loud in a movie theater.

You sure about that???

a

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 10:29:45 AM »
lion but the other shouldn't of happened either... suicide?????? jail for a traffic stop...
F

porkchop

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 10:42:12 AM »

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2015, 10:44:45 AM »
i would let cecil eat sanda if he was hungry

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2015, 11:02:58 AM »
Team Jericho the lion

Here's a photo of Cecil and Jericho. Cecil is lying down...Jericho is a single Getbigger type lion. He will have to fight off many male lions of other prides. Odds are stacked against Jericho though.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2015, 01:09:22 PM »
Neither hugely tbh. I think the reaction to both has been OTT.

I sometimes wonder if the OTT coverage of these type of stories is done partly to distract attention away from more important news.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2015, 01:14:28 PM »
#catlivesmatter

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2015, 02:02:26 PM »
Maybe my brain works a bit differently but i dont get the media/social media attention put to every little thing these days

Liking/sharing shit like this shows the "world" how much you care and how involved you are in the world we live in. It's all just a game of look at me I'm so interesting, which fits perfectly with today's selfie culture where any and everything needs to be thrown online for the 'world' to see. Add in a bunch of hashtags to that, and the feeling of self-importance skyrockets.

Probably the whole phenomena can be lead back to daddy issues and general non-importance/non-existence in other spheres.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2015, 03:39:39 PM »

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2015, 03:54:49 PM »
I don't care about C. or S.B.             8)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2015, 03:58:29 PM »
Liking/sharing shit like this shows the "world" how much you care and how involved you are in the world we live in. It's all just a game of look at me I'm so interesting, which fits perfectly with today's selfie culture where any and everything needs to be thrown online for the 'world' to see. Add in a bunch of hashtags to that, and the feeling of self-importance skyrockets.

Probably the whole phenomena can be lead back to daddy issues and general non-importance/non-existence in other spheres.
I agree.

Sandra Bland is a case in which loss of control of a traffic stop, abuse of power,  racism, and inept jail policies for suicidal inmates led to her death. Hopefully, this will shed light on better ways to handle both incidents (the stop, and the suicide).

Cecil is just a case of greed and a self important trophy hunter.

One could say that both these incidents have been going on for a long, long time.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2015, 04:01:40 PM »
Lion.

The lion was completely innocent.

Sandra is another example of a worthless human being that blames everyone for her own actions.  Maybe it's because she's...awe nevermind.

8)

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2015, 04:06:32 PM »

Both Africans  ;D ;D ;D (& dead)

macgarth

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2015, 04:47:27 PM »
Cecil, prefer blondes.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2015, 04:55:15 PM »
#lionlivesmatter
X

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2015, 05:22:04 PM »
There is a definite element of that to the Cecil story too, partly because social media like facebook etc is used mainly by kids, and jumping on bandwagons is what they do best, but people should feel a sense of anger and outrage at the story. Doing so doesn't mean you're a hypocrite or automatically unable to be pissed off at all the other disgusting stories in the news.

Do they really feel a sense of anger and outrage though? Will it inspire them to take up a career in animal protection? Will it make them travel to Africa and actually help (no, I don't mean going on a financed trip and going on pictures with a few colored kids for your tinder profile)?

The vast, if not absolute majority of people so 'outraged' and 'angry' doesn't do jack shit other than like or share a post to either fit in or exclude themselves from others through some perceived sense of superior ethics or whatever it is they feel. Fact is, the greater majority forgets completely about the (-any-) issue once they turn off their platform and go about their business.

It's a pretty clear cut case of corruption and needless cruelty which highlights a much bigger problem: how easily the wealthy are able to influence things over in certain parts of Africa.

Poor people don't go to Africa.

Hopefully people gain at least a little bit more awareness from this, and channel their outrage in a direction that can help change things. And hopefully the massive backlash that the dickhead dentist is getting, will potentially deter any other dickheads from trying to do the same thing.

Also, as far as cruelty towards animals goes in Africa. A single hunting license for a big game kill provides income for national parks, which can be used for maintaining the parks and in the fight against poachers (who are the real problem). Yes, mr. Dentist was stupid enough to make the mistake to trust locals and not double/triple/quadruple check whether everything was 100% legal, but appeared to have been kept out of the loop according to current reports. Atleast he poured some cash into the country. All these massively outraged and angered people on social media did/do fuck all.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2015, 05:33:10 PM »
The Lion because he's innocent and not hurting anybody. I will always choose the animals side over a humans simply because humans can be cruel and greedy. Animals only harm when they feel threatened or to eat.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2015, 05:39:37 PM »

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2015, 06:41:38 PM »
Neither.couldnt possibly care any less about either.shit happens.