Author Topic: Awkward conversations in the gym with people you *kinda* know  (Read 6755 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Does this happen to you?

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
Re: Awkward conversations in the gym with people you *kinda* know
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 11:24:44 PM »
Hardly just in the gym.. what's worse is bumping into people in the street who you apparently know from the gym(?).

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 03:57:20 AM »
I like my gym because nobody has said a word to me except asking if I am done with something.

Just mean stares between most. I can go in my own world and focus on feeling the pump.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 04:13:47 AM »
All the time.
Some folks in the towel chamber like to externalize their inner monologue.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 04:34:00 AM »
My problem is remembering names, never forget a face tho.... Just means I have to refer to alot of people as 'mate' , if you've e spoke to blokes for years you cant exactly ask what there called again

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 04:40:49 AM »
That's why the best is lifting with Getbiggers. You have all of that shared history and backstory.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 04:59:10 AM »
My problem is remembering names, never forget a face tho.... Just means I have to refer to alot of people as 'mate' , if you e spoke to blokes for years you cant exactly as what there called again

Hahaha! This X a million.

I used to have about 20 'mates' in my last gym, some of them long-term friends who I could chat to about anything. But as the months go on, there is a certain 'point of no return', and if you haven't asked their name yet, they will eternally be 'mate'.

Disco187

• Getbig IV
  • "Fuck Ordinary"
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 06:45:30 AM »

I used to have about 20 'mates' in my last gym, some of them long-term friends who I could chat to about anything. But as the months go on, there is a certain 'point of no return', and if you haven't asked their name yet, they will eternally be 'mate'.

ahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 06:53:33 AM »
I like my gym because nobody has said a word to me except asking if I am done with something.

Just mean stares between most. I can go in my own world and focus on feeling the pump.

Sounds a lot like my situation, but I'm working on not looking so pissed all the time, but almost can't help it. I'm hoped up on stims, nootropics, I burn one down before, so not really interested in people's small talk while I train either...
?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2015, 06:56:02 AM »

Yep, exact situation with me....only change up being the use of "boss" or "big man".

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2015, 07:02:16 AM »
Yep, exact situation with me....only change up being the use of "boss" or "big man".

If ever you come to Quebec, the term is "Le gros" fuckiN' everyone calls their buddy who is not even big "le gros" so funny...
?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2015, 07:08:09 AM »
I always keep headphones in as not to engage with non getbiggers whilst lifting. Even if the battery is dead, the headphones stay in.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2015, 07:09:45 AM »
I always keep headphones in as not to engage with non getbiggers whilst lifting. Even if the battery is dead, the headphones stay in.

Ha! I said the exact same thing a few days ago.
?

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2015, 07:11:51 AM »

Hahahaha so true.

gettingbetter

• Getbig III
  • Fuck Yeah!
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2015, 07:54:55 AM »
If ever you come to Quebec, the term is "Le gros" fuckiN' everyone calls their buddy who is not even big "le gros" so funny...

hey el gros, tu peux tu me spotter?

I train at 5h30 am. Besides that MILF that seems to have way too much fun on the climbing rope, no one is there

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2015, 10:53:45 AM »
Not so much as I only converse with gentlemen of Size and discuss the finer arts of supplementation.

there is however a disgusting cave-troll permabulker who finally managed to break the ice with me last week after I've deliberately avoided eye contact with him for months.

after craftily ingratiating himself with me by congratulating me on a lift, he launched into a 10 minute brag about how he benched 500lbs, which was odd as I'd just seen him struggle with 3 plates

now I need to be constantly on my guard in case he decides to come back and brag about his shitty life to me again between sets.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2015, 10:56:06 AM »
hey el gros, tu peux tu me spotter?

I train at 5h30 am. Besides that MILF that seems to have way too much fun on the climbing rope, no one is there

Haha!
I remember getting  hard on for some reason when climbing ropes, I think that woman is a dude perhaps. You know, transgenders popping out left and right these days...
?

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2015, 11:18:54 AM »
If you can... Best way to avoid being bothered along with wearing a cap and earbuds is to periodically change the time of day or night you train. The longer people see you, the more approachable you become...
?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2015, 11:27:27 AM »
You think that's awkward?  I was having a workout with my buddy in college.  We're doing a full body circuit and there's some guy never been in a gym in his life just laying on the bench for like 45 minutes and every set his trainer acts like he just moved a fucking mountain.  "I'm puttin' on 5 more pounds!  This is crazy!"  ::)   Eventually we start making comments like "Hey ya wanna hurry up and gimmie 5 more pounds!  I'm crazy!" and "Yep, nothing like a well rounded program!"  Then a woman came in and she's all "Did you have a good workout, babe?"  And she's pushing a fucking wheelchair. 

So I'm on the lying leg curl and unbeknownst to me the owner's wife comes over because the guy complained about us on the way out, and my buddy runs away to the change room so I have to lie there and get this brutal telling off in front of everyone.  She's taking chunks outta me and I'm just agreeing so she'll wrap it up.  I'd been taking Cybergenics and it made you fart about every 2 goddamn minutes and she won't just leave me alone so there I am with my ass in the air in terrible pain holding in like 5 cyberfarts.  Finally she starts going back to the desk and I go to quietly relieve the pressure before my guts rupture but the delay caused some sort of plumbing mishap and out comes the boldest 6 second shart ever let off in public.  I sounded like a damn Mercury outboard and it was all I could do to hang onto the handles for dear life and howl.  She turns around horrified and the whole gym in unison goes OH GAWD!  So I bolt to the showers at top speed, miss the step down to the tiled floor, and go flying forward.  Coming out of the shower stall at that moment is my buddy and my face lands right in his naked crotch.

I looked up and said, "If we were The Blues Brothers, you'd be John Belushing and I'd be Dan Awkward."

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2015, 11:32:51 AM »
You think that's awkward?  I was having a workout with my buddy in college.  We're doing a full body circuit and there's some guy never been in a gym in his life just laying on the bench for like 45 minutes and every set his trainer acts like he just moved a fucking mountain.  "I'm puttin' on 5 more pounds!  This is crazy!"  ::)   Eventually we start making comments like "Hey ya wanna hurry up and gimmie 5 more pounds!  I'm crazy!" and "Yep, nothing like a well rounded program!"  Then a woman came in and she's all "Did you have a good workout, babe?"  And she's pushing a fucking wheelchair. 

So I'm on the lying leg curl and unbeknownst to me the owner's wife comes over because the guy complained about us on the way out, and my buddy runs away to the change room so I have to lie there and get this brutal telling off in front of everyone.  She's taking chunks outta me and I'm just agreeing so she'll wrap it up.  I'd been taking Cybergenics and it made you fart about every 2 goddamn minutes and she won't just leave me alone so there I am with my ass in the air in terrible pain holding in like 5 cyberfarts.  Finally she starts going back to the desk and I go to quietly relieve the pressure before my guts rupture but the delay caused some sort of plumbing mishap and out comes the boldest 6 second shart ever let off in public.  I sounded like a damn Mercury outboard and it was all I could do to hang onto the handles for dear life and howl.  She turns around horrified and the whole gym in unison goes OH GAWD!  So I bolt to the showers at top speed, miss the step down to the tiled floor, and go flying forward.  Coming out of the shower stall at that moment is my buddy and my face lands right in his naked crotch.

I looked up and said, "If we were The Blues Brothers, you'd be John Belushing and I'd be Dan Awkward."

Epic Getbigger story right there.

gettingbetter

• Getbig III
  • Fuck Yeah!
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2015, 11:38:13 AM »

Lol, that's pretty good

evandatp

• Getbig IV
  • Haunted4Pay
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2015, 05:15:33 PM »
You think that's awkward? 
<snip>
... so that's why you moved to western Australia.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2015, 06:01:35 PM »
If you can... Best way to avoid being bothered along with wearing a cap and earbuds is to periodically change the time of day or night you train. The longer people see you, the more approachable you become...

Lol, now my turn to give you kudos. I switched to early morning workouts recently to throw the regulars off. Bad part, was a few people shot me the eye and tried to come to talk. They got, SHUT DOWN!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2015, 06:07:01 PM »
I never talk in the gym.

My sole purpose once I step through the portals is to stalk ponderous poundages then crush sets.

I have a go to war attitude and people who dare affront me will receive several viscious headbutts to the nose region/vicinity.

I take this shitr seriously.   :(

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
  • Still as lean, just as mean, former US Marine
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2015, 06:47:47 PM »
Reading this reminds me why I'm glad to lift at home.