Author Topic: Fat Mike Quinn  (Read 9225 times)

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
Fat Mike Quinn
« on: July 29, 2015, 10:40:18 PM »
On that DiPasquale time. Looks pretty awesome here though. I can't find his '92 WBF routine anywhere... anyone got that? Need a laugh.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
Re: Fat Mike Quinn
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 10:52:29 PM »
Big dude.

No relation to the other Mike Quinn  ;)

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 11:02:43 PM »
94 night of champions

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 11:48:41 PM »
On that DiPasquale time. Looks pretty awesome here though. I can't find his '92 WBF routine anywhere... anyone got that? Need a laugh.
Look at those biceps.  :o

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 04:17:02 AM »
Fantastic physique. Always have to chuckle when I see pictures of him or Defendis because they remind me of Chevy Chase.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 05:39:40 AM »
Fantastic physique. Always have to chuckle when I see pictures of him or Defendis because they remind me of Chevy Chase.

Looks like he has a gym down in Florida and is training people.  Counting sets and reps and living the dream.  Must be hard to go from top pro to meh.

Juruth

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 06:00:00 AM »
What exactly does "on that DiPasquale time" mean?

(Answer: It means nothing at all. You're a moron.)

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 06:22:51 AM »
94 night of champions
Mike has stated he was 250 for that show. Said it was the only time he did GH.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 06:41:50 AM »
Looks like he has a gym down in Florida and is training people.  Counting sets and reps and living the dream.  Must be hard to go from top pro to meh.

As long as he can work in the environment he loves it's more than ok. As far as I can remember he had a car accident? and had to have his back fused - really shitty.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2015, 08:11:55 AM »
One of the very rare, very few that had the chance to be a Mr. Olympia.  He never fulfilled that potential but he could have beaten Haney.  Could have-  never should have. 
a

Simple Simon

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2015, 08:22:45 AM »
One of the very rare, very few that had the chance to be a Mr. Olympia.  He never fulfilled that potential but he could have beaten Haney.  Could have-  never should have. 
His legs were never up to par, a bit like Johnnie Jackson.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2015, 08:26:01 AM »
TOMMY I watched a recent interview great stories he told,,,he had a look and sound and act like was an 'asshole'in his prime and he probably was but...

he came up young teenage as was right there with eddie robinson he stated strength or close and build..
he won or showed well in both aau and npc before turning pro,,,
had great arms/back was wide 'thick'
sorta barrel chested/waist as he got bigger more or less apparent
legs sweep and calves and more balance in legs could have put him over
he has some good showings in late 80's mro's...
as with most post wbfer's 94 on they all had there best looks ,baker/him,dearth,strydom 'that was a given'demey was his biggest'88 his best'

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2015, 08:29:53 AM »
His legs were never up to par, a bit like Johnnie Jackson.

Without a doubt. His legs could have improved and Haney's legs of course we're never as crazy as his torso. Quinn had size, shape, V-taper and the thickness needed to beat Haney, he simply regressed too soon and then it was over.

When Quinn posed, things had that crazy "pop" that you either have or you don't have. It can't be trained.
a

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2015, 08:34:36 AM »
TOMMY I watched a recent interview great stories he told,,,he had a look and sound and act like was an 'asshole'in his prime and he probably was but...

he came up young teenage as was right there with eddie robinson he stated strength or close and build..
he won or showed well in both aau and npc before turning pro,,,
had great arms/back was wide 'thick'
sorta barrel chested/waist as he got bigger more or less apparent
legs sweep and calves and more balance in legs could have put him over
he has some good showings in late 80's mro's...
as with most post wbfer's 94 on they all had there best looks ,baker/him,dearth,strydom 'that was a given'demey was his biggest'88 his best'

In my opinion Quinn was just not disinclined enough. He liked that "crazy, I'm a bodybuilder, superstar, wild man" image.  The complete opposite of Haney or Dorian. 

I saw Haney and Quinn side by side in the gym several times and Quinn always held his own. Unfortunately whereas Haney improved ever year, with Quinn you had no idea what to expect.
a

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2015, 08:35:51 AM »
^^
YES I got it!!! 

SilverSpoon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2015, 08:41:34 AM »
An older friend of mine who was far more into the bodybuilding lifestyle I ever dreamed of getting into once trained with Quinn.

My friend became very disillusioned with one of his "heros" after hanging out with Quinn.  While my friend no doubt did what it took to compete at the highest level at that time in the NPC, he never tried a drink of alcohol, never had a cup of coffee, and never did any illegal drugs.  He assumed all of those guys at the top lived like it was portrayed in the magazines. 

He was very wrong and realized very soon that there was a large percentage that were social misfits who partied very hard.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2015, 08:53:54 AM »

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2015, 08:55:03 AM »
I've heard that Mike Quinn was quite the power-bottom.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2015, 09:42:28 AM »

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2015, 10:08:29 AM »
I enjoyed it. He was about to say some incriminating stuff about Gary Strydom being a pedo before the guy cut him off.  listen closely. Start at 16:00

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2015, 12:12:54 PM »

Good interview, what he was going to say about Strydom? Lol... Never had the best structure for bodybuilding and he was a bit blocky, but Quinn was thick and dense, great back and arms, strong guy too...

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2015, 12:17:32 PM »
Except for the Michael Bolton hair he looked great! Doom approves.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2015, 12:28:58 PM »
"Bostin is a punk"

Simple Simon

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2015, 12:31:00 PM »
Without a doubt. His legs could have improved and Haney's legs of course we're never as crazy as his torso. Quinn had size, shape, V-taper and the thickness needed to beat Haney, he simply regressed too soon and then it was over.

When Quinn posed, things had that crazy "pop" that you either have or you don't have. It can't be trained.

I recall his sister died of a drugs overdose and he went off the rails between 88 when he looked fantastic and 89 when he came back all watery.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2015, 12:37:43 PM »
Good interview, what he was going to say about Strydom? Lol... Never had the best structure for bodybuilding and he was a bit blocky, but Quinn was thick and dense, great back and arms, strong guy too...

He was going to say Strydom was a pedo. That's pretty clear to me.