Author Topic: GOP Boss Priebus Issues ONE RULE to the GOP candidates before the 1st debate  (Read 955 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Republicans at debate to attack Clinton, not each other: chairman

Source: Reuters

The head of the Republican Party on Wednesday said its presidential candidates are unlikely to attack each other in the party’s first official debate but instead are focused on ousting Democrats from the White House.

Seventeen Republicans, led by outspoken billionaire Donald Trump, are seeking the party’s presidential nomination. Only 10 will be on stage Thursday night in the first prime-time debate, which could offer a chance to break out of the pack.

“Ultimately, the real issue here is Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, and the fact that the country’s really not in a good place right now,” Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus said, citing the Democratic presidential front-runner and the president. “That’s really … what the focus is. We’re not going to focus on each other,” he told NBC.

It was unclear from Priebus’ comments whether the Republican National Committee had discussed debate plans with any of the candidates or their campaigns.

Read more: http://www.rawstory.com/2015/08/republicans-at-debate-to-attack-clinton-not-each-other-chairman/

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
GREAT !
NOW the RNC speaks up; where were they when Fox was deciding for themselves how to pick the candidates for the debate.
w

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Yeah, I'm sure Donald Trump really gives a shit what Priebus wants them to do

They will all attack each other

that's why they are there in the first place

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I want to see Trump rip Riebus or-what-ever his fucking name is, a new asshole.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
two debates, randomly selected candidates with 8-9 people each, would have been the fair way.

FOX is more about tv ratings than about giving every candidate a fair chance.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
This whole debate issue just proves what people have said all along......that FOX NEWS is basically a mouthpiece for the Republican Party.....what truly News organization would manipulate the debate structure the way FOX has and would pick its own participants?....and the weird thing is the candidates are not speaking up or protesting about it....neither is the RNC

for maybe the first time in history, a NEWS ORGANIZATION has inserted itself into the nominating process for president of the United States

AMAZING

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
two debates, randomly selected candidates with 8-9 people each, would have been the fair way.

FOX is more about tv ratings than about giving every candidate a fair chance.

that would have been fair but it's got nothing to do with ratings and more to do with Fox (Murdoch and Ailes) wanting to "help" pick the candidate

If they cared about democracy they would have the 2 debates (or even 3 or 4 with smaller groups) and let each candidate have an equal chance to get his ideas in front of the voters.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
that would have been fair but it's got nothing to do with ratings and more to do with Fox (Murdoch and Ailes) wanting to "help" pick the candidate

true that.  the way they cast out Perry in that 10th place - by ignoring the poll that keeps him in - was it because Perry was the loudest anti-Trump voice, calling him a cancer on conservaism?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
true that.  the way they cast out Perry in that 10th place - by ignoring the poll that keeps him in - was it because Perry was the loudest anti-Trump voice, calling him a cancer on conservaism?

could be......of maybe the powers-that-be at FOX view him as a second tier candidate due to his idiotic performance last time

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

Are you suggesting Fox News is pro-Trump?

I don't watch Fox so I have no idea ?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Are you suggesting Fox News is pro-Trump?

I don't watch Fox so I have no idea ?

yes they are.  They flirt with "we have plans in case he refuses to play by the rules", but they're just hyping it for some rowdy WWE wrestling showdown. 

FOX loves trump.   RUSH is all over his testes, I mean, he refuses to criticize him.  Rush is good at pointing out good and bad points of all candidates in the race- but trump is off limits.  hmmm.

i listen to fox radio all day and i watch maddow each night because she's very very good at pointing out gOP flaws, something that any true conservative should be willing to face.  I know, there will be idiots that don't watch madow saying "she just lies for 60 minutes', but anyone who has actually watched knows she is very good with seeing stories before anyone else.  and yes, she backs shit up with facts. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
I look for Carly Fiorina to do well today and move up into the top 10.

Rick Perry probably stays about where he's at. Ted Cruz has stolen a lot of his thunder as "The Conservative from Texas"

Rick Santorum contemplates suicide as he thinks back to how far he went in the last primary only to look over and see himself standing next to George Pataki during the little kid table debate.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
I look for Carly Fiorina to do well today and move up into the top 10.

Rick Perry probably stays about where he's at. Ted Cruz has stolen a lot of his thunder as "The Conservative from Texas"

Rick Santorum contemplates suicide as he thinks back to how far he went in the last primary only to look over and see himself standing next to George Pataki during the little kid table debate.

Good one ;)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
>...the fact that the country’s really not in a good place right now...

How amusing.  ::)